Houston
Sponsored by

Tell me about Katy...

15,112 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 88jrt06
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
then FM 1462...closed for days.

1462 just closed a portion of the road between 521 and 762 two days ago. Then opened it up from 521 to Moyle Ranch. Just today the county decided to move the closure back to 521.

It's not often that 1462 closes, and the reason this section is closed is because it's bottomland Brazos River, Caney Creek and Oyster Creek. No kidding it is closed with the rise of the Brazos to over 51'.

And as far as the rain being "historic" at the headwaters of Bray's - the gauge shows a max water elevation of 76.49 on 05-26-2015. To contrast that, the elevation at Sensor 484 to hit the 10 year flood would need to be 80.70', the elevation to hit the 100 year flood would need to be at 82.90'.

76.49 would put it at about the 7th highest on record for that area, just barely above what Ike did to the bayou.

It was a whale of a storm, and was in the top 10 of rain events most likely, but that's about it. Remember that the weather stations are just like any other media in terms of being sensational to gather viewers.
RebelE91
AG
quote:
ANY area in this region that gets 4" rain/hr. or 11" in a day will flood. Even "well-planned" Katy.
Here's your post claiming an intensity (inches per hour is an intensity) and a rainfall amount will flood ANY area. Kind of lame you claim you didn't made this statement.

quote:
The first sentence you quoted flies in the face of what meteorologists were reporting during the event. UNPRECEDENTED in Houston's recorded history in that area. I'll go with their take over yours.....

Yes, because everything that's reported on TV is never distorted or sensationalized. Very reasonable position to take.
drumboy
AG
You dumbasses need to go back to Katy-bashing instead of arguing about the weather.
drumboy
AG
quote:
Doesn't understand living near all the minorities and "the gays".

The stores I go to in Katy are more
Diverse than I see in the heights. Not sure about sexuality cause my wife doesn't let me put it in anybody else (or her usually)

There are also people that lived OTL first straight outta college and then found out about this ITL land and how wonderful it is.
schmellba99
AG
5) Lives OTL because they don't have a desire to live ITL, doesn't work ITL and likely never will. Realizes some people want to live the big city life, but he just isn't one of them. Doesn't mind a bit of a commute, especially because his commute constantly changes due to his type of work. Enjoys the non-suburban lifestyle living outside of the city affords.

In all reality, if you get that worked up over ITL/OTL and need a bunch of internet people to justify the choice you made, you are probably a fairly miserable person to be around. And if you constantly have to post just because that is your internet schtick, then odds are you are a doooooooshbag.
88jrt06
AG
quote:
quote:
....and say I'm from the right zip code. But F that. Lack of zoning, poor infrastructure, terrible public transit, and an influx of newbies make H Town feel like LA.... Getting around is damn near impossible. Crime is out of control. My solution? We're building in Cinco. Not going to miss living in the dump Houston turned into.

OTL - voice of reason, keeping thread on track.
This was one of the early trolls on this thread.
Barnes: Fits your #3 or #4 OTL guy? Yeah. Right.

Many others from OTLers on this thread.
88jrt06
AG
quote:
quote:
1) Lives inside the loop and assumes that those that don't are poors and/or subhuman. Will belligerently shame OTL maggots because it is his Christian duty. If he shames one OTL dweller into moving ITL by insulting him on a message board then it was all worthwhile. Earns from $60k per year to $1MM plus per year...either way, $300 per sq ft, private schools etc... make sense to live ITL.

Barnes...pretty personal hatred posted, there. Noted.
Been having fun w/ITL/OTL for about a decade. Seen far worse than this thread from OTL AND ITL from dozens of posters on both sides. Not quite like the above lies you attribute to me, but definite smack.
Guess you finally lost it.
ITL v. OTL will continue on TexAgs exactly the way it always has.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.