Houston
Sponsored by

los Cucos Signature

9,396 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
A half pound between two adults and kids? Y'all must have small stomachs. I would eat all that by myself plus the chips
fatty

digging tunnels
AG
Not fat enough in that pic
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
El Tiempo portions are pretty generous. I'm a big boy and usually have leftovers. Especially if I have a few drinks with dinner.
David Carr
quote:
Mexico is an impoverished 3rd world country full of shanties with undrinkable water.
So if the originating country/region of various cuisines is impoverished 3rd world then that food by default should be very cheap here in the US. The higher costs of ingredients, real estate, equipment, wages, govt regulations, and the general higher standard of living here in the US should not affect the prices at a restaurant.

Makes sense.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:
Mexico is an impoverished 3rd world country full of shanties with undrinkable water.
So if the originating country/region of various cuisines is impoverished 3rd world then that food by default should be very cheap here in the US. The higher costs of ingredients, real estate, equipment, wages, govt regulations, and the general higher standard of living here in the US should not affect the prices at a restaurant.

Makes sense.

clearly! that's why lunch specials at Chinese restaurants are like $4.99.
88jrt06
AG
quote:
quote:

God, etc. - It's cool that "your" restaurants re-create that authentic "Feel", especially in your bowels about 3 hours post-meal. Instead of salsa, you dip your chips in amoeba sauce.

But...save those pesos!
El Duke
Stay away from La Hacienda on 26th Street. As someone who grew up in Cypress I used to enjoy the Telge location before it became a little hood. My first trip to the new one in Heights: My face became red and my eye was swollen after eating the bean dip (never happened in my life). My card was briefly "lost" when the waiter took it to swipe it. The NEXT day, I had fraudulent charges and attempted ATM withdrawals of that same card. But what do I know, I'm just a "rook".

Note: My kid only ate $12 worth of food there. Only a semi-fatty that night.
MichaelJ
AG
hey rook...youre taking texags way too serious
Andy07
AG
The last time I went to a los cucos it was for $1 margaritas and food poisoning in CS. I can't believe they can try to market themselves upscale.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
The last time I went to a los cucos it was for $1 margaritas and food poisoning in CS. I can't believe they can try to market themselves upscale.
the one in CS was known for both of those.
redag06
Used to go to Los Cucos in CS every Monday for 99 margaritas but never got food poisoning.

Lately anytime I go, I have to drink a gallon of water afterwards due to being very dry from all of the sodium.
Jock 07
AG
we always did the $1 margaritas at ozonas
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
quote:
quote:

Makes sense.
I am not arguing that our prices should be comparable...sorry you were confused...I'll dumb it down for you. Just think that it is absurd that some places get away with charging $15-18 for a beef or chicken enchilada plate. Or $12 for a bowl of freaking melted cheese. I am as free-market as you can get...I have no problem with people lining up for a $100+ Mexican dinner and drinks meal for two. I just think it's silly that there is such a demand for it.

Even a multi-millionaire Type-A badass like yourself can surely see the absurdity in a $100 meal-for-2-and-a-baby at Los Cucos?
redag06
That was after we were done at Los Cucos, and then walk home.
David Carr
quote:
Pico's is one of the worse offender's imo. $12 for Queso Flameado
At one of the places you listed, Tony's, Queso Flameado is $11.50.

At Teotihuacan, another on your list, according to their menu 1lb of Fajitas, 5 margaritas and small quesadilla would be $85 before tax and tip.

Panama Red
AG
Kids plate at the Los Cucos is $5
Fajitas for 2 is $35

Is that outrageous?

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
you poors need to move OTGPW
schmendeler
AG
just go to pappasito's. it's the best and most consistent any way.
txaggie02
AG
Jimmy Changas
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
quote:
quote:
Pico's is one of the worse offender's imo. $12 for Queso Flameado
At one of the places you listed, Tony's, Queso Flameado is $11.50.

At Teotihuacan, another on your list, according to their menu 1lb of Fajitas, 5 margaritas and small quesadilla would be $85 before tax and tip.

Lol OWNED. I actually got you to waste time pulling up and researching two different menus on a Monday afternoon. I hate all of the places mentioned in this thread as I am allergic to gluten and cannot stand the smell of Fabuloso. NEXT!

Nah I'm just messin with you man. Hey, bet you won't post a pic of yourself. Here's me...

It's all good! Cheers!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.