Houston
Sponsored by

unleaded $1.99

6,444 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by third coast..
88jrt06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:

many, many people do not understand what globally traded commodities really means.

True, also true of International Political Science....
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
quote:
A couple stations around 518/Dixie Farm touting $1.97 as their cash only price.

Saw that this weekend at the Exxon one in the Home Depot parking lot. Gladly paid more at Walmart to pull right up to a pump.

The chevron is $1.09 credit and Walmart is $1.10. I filled up at chevron tonight
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Saw that this weekend at the Exxon one in the Home Depot parking lot. Gladly paid more at Walmart to pull right up to a pump.

The chevron is $1.09 credit and Walmart is $1.10. I filled up at chevron tonight
Gas for $1.10?
CrossBowAg99
AG
Duh, $2.09 & $2.10
CheeseSndwch
Houston Cheap Gas Prices is a great resource.
Jack Klompus
AG
$2.09 at Costco on Weslayan. First sub-$30 fill up in I don't know how long.
Texaggie7nine
$1.99 at Coscto by me near Willowbrook
7nine
RC_57
AG
Krogers, Grant & Louetta: $1.99 $1.96 or less with Kroger card.

I don't know whether which way to feel: celebration or concern
AMW2010
AG
$1.99 in cypress on 290 and around hwy 6... Regular, not that cash only crap

tlh3842
AG
$1.75 at the Buccees near Mueschke
07fta07
AG
quote:
$2.09 at Costco on Weslayan. First sub-$30 fill up in I don't know how long.

Small gas tank for a caddy
onceaggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lulz
AgLA06
AG
quote:
quote:
From the recent chart that I saw (and can't find for the life of me), Kuwait is the cheapest OPEC producer, budgeting at around $70/bbl.

(crude at $56 now)

Doesn't factor in cash reserves. Saudis have a two year cash reserve at that budget which means they could go almost three years without cutting their budget at these prices.
AgDaddy08-11
S
Filled up tonight at the Exxon on Huffmeister and 290 regular unleaded was $1.89 a gallon.
Token
AG
i'm waiting for premium to go under 2 bucks

and also when will gas prices in the loop ever match those outside the loop? It's beyond annoying how they gouge us in the loop
Mustang1
AG
Yeah but no one inside the loop is LOLpoor.
Bibendum 86
AG
quote:
quote:
Article I saw kept referencing the Saudi rep., from it I took he was speaking from OPEC.

I think exporting oil at this point is useless as the market is already flooded. We should have learn from the exporting of NG debacle but missed the massive boat on that one and will enter the market after other countries have cornered it.
yes, Saudi spoke for them. but, the realities of what happened at that meeting were a bit different.

i am not really trying to run down what you said. i've just read a ton of "assertions" by people especially ones that are not in the business to what is happening and why. i kind of bang head against the table.

many, many people do not understand what globally traded commodities really means.
The Saudis are opening the valves to defend market share, just as they have before.

Are the stakes are different now? Everybody asked in 85 how long the Saudis could flood the market. What happens in Venezuela? What will the Soviets/Russians do?

Past remains prologue in most contexts. In 1985 when Iran and PDVSA played quota games the Saudis decided to make a point to defend market share -- opened up the valves to regain market share, driving prompt NYMEX crude to $10/bbl in July 1986. Kingdom cash flow remained flat but barrel throughput went thru the roof. The same game is in play almost 30 years later, and the Saudis still are the swing producer and have the hammer.

We're in a different position now because Bakken & Alberta can serve core economic markets far more efficiently and interest rates are so low that investment risk is really cheap.

Two fundamentals remain constant: never bet against the Saudis and never, ever, ever ask a mortgage broker to opine on anything outside of his rice bowl.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Kroger at 290 & Spring-Cypress is down to $1.87. Use our 10 cent/gal discount the other night to fill up our minivan for $28.77. I actually started laughing when it clicked that it was done.
rilloaggie
AG
Bucees in Waller was $1.70 this morning.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.