Houston
Sponsored by

Free Press Summerfest

151,042 Views | 1093 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Clever&FunnyAg
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But don't hipsters hate 'The Man'?
Olsen
AG
A recent HS graduate died from overdosing ecstasy at FPSF.

http://abc13.com/news/2016-grad-dies-after-overdosing-at-fpsf/1377307/

http://www.freepresshouston.com/a-letter-to-the-community-from-free-press-houston/
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
But don't hipsters hate 'The Man'?

It depends what the man looks like and how he's dressed.
Diggity
AG
I think it's hilarious that Omar and his Free Press stooges are now trying to distance themselves from the festival by announcing that it's a Live Nation event right after the girl OD's. Good timing.

The latest Free Press issue also skewered the festival for not being authentic enough and having a young crowd (as if this was a recent thing). If they didn't want it to become a corporate festival...maybe don't sell to a corporation?
fatrandy
While it's completely unfortunate a teenager lost her life, I'm amazed by the amount of young people that are at this festival, clearly smashed out of their minds, and I'm just wondering, "where the hell are your parents?"

Some chick hopped the fence with one of her friends with an handle of vodka and she couldn't have been more than 17 years old and it didn't appear as though she was going to be caught. I get that we were all young once doing stupid things, or that it's a music festival and most of us will partake in some illegal substances, but the parents of this 21 and under crowd are apparently not vetting their children or the places they go to enough.

It's clear that there is a extreme lack of control now at FPSF, When they just let the attendees crash the gate to get back in, or let us old people revolt in the fancy pants tent and not leave after being told to during the evacuation, it was obvious no-one was in control.

But this was likely our last year at FPSF anyways, so whatevs.
Diggity
AG
I think Slim Shady said it best:

And they blame it on Marilyn... and the heroin
Where were the parents at? And look where it's at
Middle America, now it's a tragedy
Now it's so sad to see, an upper class city
Having this happening.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

quote:
Some chick hopped the fence with one of her friends with an handle of vodka and she couldn't have been more than 17 years old and it didn't appear as though she was going to be caught. I get that we were all young once doing stupid things, or that it's a music festival and most of us will partake in some illegal substances, but the parents of this 21 and under crowd are apparently not vetting their children or the places they go to enough.

My only answer to that is "Mama tried."

Either you've forgotten high school or you were just more careful than a lot of folks.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
MAS444
AG
I wonder what all else was involved. Hard to believe it was just one bad hit of x. Sad.
Clever&FunnyAg
AG
So no one is doing this this year, right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.