Houston
Sponsored by

2010 Tine Concerts

29,794 Views | 768 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by WH08PsyJayci
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FtBendTxAg
AG
shows i'll be seeing in the next few months:

LCD Soundsystem
Local Natives
Pixies
Dr Dog
Ghostland Observatory

Maybe: Interpol, Vampire Wknd, RaRaRiot
kaiguy
AG
nice agenda FtBend! I'm catching Billy Idol at HOB this WED, then Malford Milligan at Mucky Duck on THR and Meat Loaf & Pearl on Saturday at HOB.

Milligan was the frontman for a band called Storyville I used to catch twice a semester at Third Floor Cantina back in the day. This is the first time Mucky Duck has booked him and I believe they've only sold 40 tickets....should be a great show.

FYI - Meat Loaf's step daughter, Pearl, fronts a rock/metal band and she's opening at HOB next Saturday night. Pearl is married to Scott Ian of Anthrax and he's in her band (Called Pearl) hitting some shows before Anthrax picks up their next wave of shows with Megadeth this fall. Pearl and Scott Ian are doing a meet and greet at Cactus Saturday at 3pm which should be cool.
tamug90
At warehouse.

Tuesday Sept 21- Smashing Pumpkins

Sat October 2nd- The Cult
jetch17
AG
saw the SP announced this morning, figured it was one of your hinted shows
HTownMARB06
AG
Buzzfest 25

quote:
Godsmack, Bush, Seether, Papa Roach, Finger Eleven, Filter, Anberlin, Sick Puppies, The Dirty Heads, Saving Abel, Paper Tongues, Neon Trees, New Politics and Civil Twilight Sat., Oct. 23. at The Woodlands Pavilion
jetch17
AG
so basically the same sh*t as the last 5. Even by Buzzfest standards that licks.

Seriously.... Seether is at EVERY buzzfest.
David_Puddy
AG
Godsmack plays Buzzfest? Interesting....I love Godsmack.
jetch17
AG
anytime they manage to reel in a decent band, they give them such sh*tty set times.

Even a headliner with a longer setlist at the end of the day is never really worth a day at the woodlands amongst the turd high-schoolers.
tamug90
How much White Trash, lip rings, affliction guy, and Roger Clemens looking meatheads will be at Buzzfest?

They should just add Nickleback so its completely ******tastic.
spanky
cajunaggie08
AG
How many times are they gonna have the sick puppies come to town? Is the person in charge of booking bands really that desperate to try to score with the bass player?
flipper
I want to see Bush but no effing way I'm going to Buzzfest do it. I might go to Dallas.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Buzzfest looks extremely meh. Who are those people? Hopefully tix for that are only like 10 bucks...

And Kaiguy, you have me intrigued by this show at Mucky Duck... its been a while since I've been there, plus I love new live music. His wikipedia page says hes drawn comparisons to Al Green and freaking Otis Redding. Seems like a no brainer to make my way down the street for that.
tamug90
Malford Milligan is badass. His Storyville shows are unbelievable. If I didn't have to work, I'd go catch this show.
jetch17
AG
Soulfly - Dec.16 @ HoB
kaiguy
AG
FtBend - come join me for the show. i bought 2 tix at $20 a couple months back, but the show isn't selling well and they've lowered them to $15. i'm not sure i will find a friend to take my extra ticket, so i'd happily give it to you if you're interested. send me a pm, but shouldn't be any trouble to get tickets at the door if my other friends join last minute.
tamug90
Los Campesinos at Warehouse. If you've never seen this band, its a really fun show.

Thinking about going to see STS9 late ocotber for two nights at Stubb's.
jetch17
AG
Black Keys, Sonic Youth & Broken Bells ACL Aftershows are intriguing
tamug90
Didn't see a broken bells aftershow. Donde?
jetch17
AG
ah damn, lo siento youre right. I was thinking about the Strokes.

Broken Bells are only playing the ACL satge on Saturday.
Simplebay
AG
ooo i like broken belles.

i saw godsmack "special guest" with metallica in '04. they REALLY imrpessed me. sully sounded great, and the dual drum thing he does with his brother is pretty damn badass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH5ZngDgvU4
Echoes97
AG
Friend of mine's band is doing a Rush tribute show this weekend, 2 nights. He is a sick, sick musician and I know it's a tribute show but if you like Rush it will be great. Friday night is at the Texas Rock Tavern up on 1960, and then Saturday night at The Concert Pub on Richmond near Chimney Rock.
62strat
AG
wow didn't know htown had a rush tribute.

are they are a 3-piece?

There's a good tribute coming up in sept., a tool band and an alice in chains band..

it's at scout bar though, blah.
Echoes97
AG
No these guys are from Dallas (well Denison to be exact). The guy playing bass and singing is a friend and has played shows with us many times. Super nice guy and all around badass musician.

Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.com
62strat
AG
that's cool.. hey when we gonna get that opeth tribute going we talked about a while back!
kaiguy
AG
Robert Earl Keen on Saturday, December 18 @ Verizon

Reckless Kelly on NYE @ House of Blues

jetch17
AG
DEFTONES - Oct.20 @ Verizon
Simplebay
AG
simpledewsh might be there
jetch17
AG
Jetch will MOST DEFINATELY be there
jetch17
AG
if anyone catches wind of a Deftones pre-sale before friday, hook a wigger up.
jetch17
AG
bang bang!

2 GenAdm tickets purchased

David_Puddy
AG
Why 2? You and Simplebay going on a man date? Better hope he puts out afterwards.
jetch17
AG
no dickface.
62strat
AG
is that bass player still in a coma?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.