I dont make it over to Univ/HWY 6 very often....

3,759 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by 95_Aggie
D AG90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is that the same posada's in longview and tyler?
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Posada's

The last thing B/CS needs is another damn run of the mill tex-mex place. Posada's is ok(if it's the same as the Tyler version), but nothing to get excited about. Although it is better than OTB. I'll take Jose's, Tampico's or Los Nortenos any day of the week over any of those chain joints.

quote:
James Coney Island came to town and failed several years ago. They were in the bulding on University Drive near South College that is now Taco Bell.

How many years ago what that? I started to college in 97, and I think that place was always a TB. It must have been quite a while ago. I would have thought a place like that would have done well in a college town.

quote:
I don't think Berryhill is anything to get too excited about though.
Better than On the Border

It doesn't take much to be better than OTB in my personal opinion(and that's not meant to be a slam on Berryhill. Why OTB is constantly busy is beyond me.
ro828
I lived in Brenham from 1982 to 1999, then moved to Bryan and never knew there was a James Coney Island in this area. It must have been open a very short time.

Many, many years ago there was a Pancho's Mexican Buffet. I'm not sure if there are any more of those left or not. You'd think that would be popular here, but maybe it was too popular and hungry Aggies ate them out of house and home.
555-PINF
The JCI was around when I was in junior high - early 90s.
txdragonfly
AG
quote:
It doesn't take much to be better than OTB in my personal opinion(and that's not meant to be a slam on Berryhill. Why OTB is constantly busy is beyond me.

Wondering that myself. I'm not a fan. I still cackle when I recall ordering a flank steak after they first opened, to which the waiter then replied "beef or chicken."
DevilYack
AG
I was at A&M in the early 90s. I remember meeting a cute girl in Blocker, who I asked out for lunch. She wanted to go to JCI - the one and only time I ate there.

The girl didn't work out either.
KyleOlsen
AG
Hey guys. 1st time poster. I actually work at the chuys in Humble, TX off of 59. I love my job and I love the food. living in houston i know tex-mex can get very generic bu chuys does have a different taste, in part because all of our stuff is made fresh not frozen and shipped like other stores. the chicken is actually taken off a farm in austin and normally being delivered on a plate within 12 hours. but im making myself sound like an advertisement. I am going to college station once my senior year finishes up and they ARE in the works of creating a chuys in cstat, but its been delayed. so its not that slab. im gonna transfer last i heard it should be there and open by about january at the latest.

oh ya. and there Austin based, not Houston.

Loudest and Proudest of 2013

[This message has been edited by jcrabb13 (edited 4/3/2009 5:40p).]
The Anchor
AG
Dug up an old thread for your first post.
ilovescotch
you sir, are rediculous
J.D.
AG
2006!
_B_
AG
jcrabb13, since when is there a chuy's in humble?? man!
turtle8529
seems a little suspect to me....
1984Consol
Circuit City builds a larger location and now they have gone out of business. So my guess is there is a big space of NOTHING there now huh?

[This message has been edited by 1984Consol (edited 4/3/2009 7:13p).]
Cabrito Loco
ok...if we are going to bring a thread back, Im gonna throw in the obligatory Stover's comment.
Rex Racer
AG
How the heck did a rook do the search necessary to find this thread? Google?
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
So my guess is there is a big space of NOTHING there now huh?

just down from the big space of nothing that used to be Linens n Things
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.