Fiduciary or Certified Financial Planner

1,367 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by The Good Aggieboy19
milner79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can you recommend someone in Bryan-College Station? TIA
TXCityGirl
Charlee Miller, Charlee S. Miller - Financial Advisor in College Station, TX 77845 | Merrill (ml.com)
She is sharp.
meinkee
Eric Wylie at Element
Monywolf
I second Charlee if you need comprehensive planning
Brian Alg
Wylie appears to be a fee-only guy. That has some major advantages with respect to fiduciary stuff.

I pray people are aware of fees and loads and whatnot before they jump into investments. I can dig wanting someone who knows what they are doing to guide along through the process. But I worry people can get guided into investments by commission-based advisors that do not make sense for client but do make the firm/advisor more money than some of the low cost options available out there (e.g., Fidelity, Vanguard, etc. index funds).

https://www.sec.gov/investor/alerts/ib_fees_expenses.pdf
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Brian Alg said:

Wylie appears to be a fee-only guy. That has some major advantages with respect to fiduciary stuff.

I pray people are aware of fees and loads and whatnot before they jump into investments. I can dig wanting someone who knows what they are doing to guide along through the process. But I worry people can get guided into investments by commission-based advisors that do not make sense for client but do make the firm/advisor more money than some of the low cost options available out there (e.g., Fidelity, Vanguard, etc. index funds).

https://www.sec.gov/investor/alerts/ib_fees_expenses.pdf
This x100. A lot of the big name firms' top priority is having you purchase their products, which the agents get commission on. Their top priority is not your financial well-being. I'm not saying this is the case for anyone mentioned in this thread, but please do your research and understand the differences.
Monywolf
Transparency on fees is definitely important. So is the value being offered.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
Charlee Miller. 100%
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.