Pilgers Warning - Cross Threading Lugnuts

3,329 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by woodiewood
555-PINF
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just a heads up. I've used Pilger's for years, but no more. My wife had them balance and rotate the wheels on her Jeep a few months ago. She upgraded to some new takeoffs yesterday and I found that three of the lugnuts were so cross threaded that I had to just throw them away. The previous owner of the wheels/tires was nice enough to include his old lug nuts with the purchase of his wheels and I was able to salvage the studs, but it was laughably bad. Pilger's obviously didn't start the lugs by hand and just "sent the ugga duggas" with an impact and hoped for the best. If you've used them to service your wheels/tires in the past, you may want to check their work before getting stranded.
lawless89
So you've used them for years (which means you've liked them) and they allegedly mess up one time and suddenly you feel the need to publicly trash them? Mistakes happen.

Have you talked to them about this?
555-PINF
lawless89 said:

So you've used them for years (which means you've liked them) and they allegedly mess up one time and suddenly you feel the need to publicly trash them? Mistakes happen.

This isn't a simple mistake. This is just laziness. I found this out yesterday at 6pm after driving 11 hours to get brand new takeoffs for $1k. One lugnut on one wheel was stripped and 2 on another. That's not a mistake - that's a guy who doesn't give a F just sending it.
EBrazosAg
AG
I like Pilgers. But no excuse for cross threading. It's job #1. But when your light them up you also should have at least given them a chance to make good.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Average Joe
AG
EBrazosAg said:

I like Pilgers. But no excuse for cross threading. It's job #1. But when your light them up you also should have at least given them a chance to make good.
Yeah, life is 10% mistake and 90% recovery. Give them a chance to make it whole.
studioone
555-PINF said:

lawless89 said:

This isn't a simple mistake. This is just laziness. I found this out yesterday at 6pm after driving 11 hours to get brand new takeoffs for $1k. One lugnut on one wheel was stripped and 2 on another. That's not a mistake - that's a guy who doesn't give a F just sending it.
untill you become a mechanic, get yourself covered in grease, have 15 jobs backed up that need to be done by 5pm, parts that dont come in on time, and alll the other stuff they have to deal with,...

DONT JUDGE!

I'd love to go to your work place and see how often you're "lazy"..

I trust Rick, Troy, and Adam with all my vehicles.
keo1
AG
Pilgers is great. If you have an issue talk with Rick and he will get it fixed. If you have done business with them before you would know that.
Keo1 Landscaping and Irrigating BCS since '91 If its growing we can mow it
Vinewood_03
Talk about your all-time backfires. If you're going to trash a locally owned business that's been operating in this town for well over 40yrs; you best come with something more than "they screwed up one time"…..Even after yourself admitted to using them for years….
meinkee
In January I got my oil change and rotation. Adam , my service advisor walked over after I had been there a bit and told me the oil pan had been cross threaded on the prior oil change and had to be replaced...no charge..he could have told me anything
But he told the truth and took responsibility for the error. Perhaps if you had taken your new rims them for installation you would have been treated the same way. I do all my business with them and have not been disappointed once.
australopithecus robustus
Do them the common courtesy of letting them know, no matter how upset you are. Like any small business they likely have a couple youngsters back there that make mistakes. They're probably frustrated with those boys making knuckleheads mistakes from time to time.

The Pilgers guys are very, very good and honest people.

I certainly will go back and I'll tell them about this thread because they're owed that courtesy.
John Cocktolstoy
studioone said:

555-PINF said:

lawless89 said:

untill you become a mechanic, get yourself covered in grease, have 15 jobs backed up that need to be done by 5pm, parts that dont come in on time, and alll the other stuff they have to deal with,...

DONT JUDGE!

I'd love to go to your work place and see how often you're "lazy"..

I trust Rick, Troy, and Adam with all my vehicles.
You are forgetting the best one there...Charlie is one of the best mechanics in the Brazos Valley! Not sure how Pilgers can keep a guy like that. But it is why they are so good.
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
chloelee
Pilger's years in business speaks for itself. Unfortunately keyboard warriors get on their keyboards to bash instead of the phone or an in person conversation.

Pilger's will go above and beyond to make it right.
Stupe
S
I noticed that you didn't answer the question about whether or not you talked to them before deciding to trash them on the board.
You just made another post trashing them again.
John Cocktolstoy
Stupe said:

I noticed that you didn't answer the question about whether or not you talked to them before deciding to trash them on the board.
Another post? Where is it.
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
woodiewood
Pilger and Olympic Automotive have been my two go to auto and pickup mechanic shops for about 30 years w/o any issues...none, nada, no.
Hammerheadjim
AG
cart before the horse...
Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
John Cocktolstoy said:

Stupe said:

I think he's referring to the third post in the thread. OP getting dragged though lol.
Stupe
S
John Cocktolstoy said:

Stupe said:

The question was asked in the second post on the thread.

It was quoted...and ignored...in another post where the OP again trashed the mechanic.

And it's still being ignored.
woodiewood
MyNameIsJeff said:

John Cocktolstoy said:

Stupe said:

I think he's referring to the third post in the thread. OP getting dragged though lol.
Not working quite like OP expected it would.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.