windshield replacement???

1,585 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TyHolden
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of the trucks on 6 finally caught me and it took less than a day for it to go all the way across my windshield. Who you gonna call?
toolshed
AG
David's Auto Glass

George's auto glass

Sleepnumber
AG
Acme
Sleepnumber
AG
Acme
UmustBKidding
Bcs auto glass did two for me last week. Quick and inexpensive.
Have friends that have used them many times.
TyHolden
AG
you can only vote once
TyHolden
AG
anybody come out to your house or do you have to take it in? I haven't had this done in a long time.
toolshed
AG
David's comes to you. Now sure on George's.

Acme, at least in residential glass ( showers, mirrors) is overpriced.
EBrazosAg
AG
David's.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
histag10
AG
We have used acme and have been pleased.

I think safelite will still come to you.
Justified
Acme. Because they are twice as good
woodiewood
I have had three windshields replaced in the past few years and I go estimates each time and David's was considerable lower in price than the franchise name companies. He does a great job. Once I had to wait a day for him to get the windshield from Houston, but the other times he did it in about 30 minutes while I waited.
histag10
AG
We need new windshields, so I might look into him
JP76
David Lish has been doing my glass work for over 30 years now and still provides outstanding customer service at a fair price. Just had him repair my truck windshield today while I ate lunch.
Psychag
AG
A plus Auto Glass has been very reasonable for me. I travel to Katy for work and have had my windshield replaced twice.
RobCoMom
AG
My insurance goes with Safelight. Have a $500 deductible and an XT5 - not using them would've cost me an extra $400 so $900 out of pocket.

They did a great job.
histag10
AG
Did you get it quoted elsewhere without insurance?
RobCoMom
AG
I did. Took it to the dealership bc of cameras in the windshield. Prices for both were pretty similar but my insurance covered more with Safelight than the Cadillac dealership. Idk why, but the work was very good.
histag10
AG
Ah. Yeah, dealerships will almost always be the most expensive
sirhc
AG
woodiewood said:

I have had three windshields replaced in the past few years and I go estimates each time and David's was considerable lower in price than the franchise name companies. He does a great job. Once I had to wait a day for him to get the windshield from Houston, but the other times he did it in about 30 minutes while I waited.

Like someone mentioned, sometimes the windshields have cameras that have to be calibrated. Is David able to do this if he comes to your house?
nthomas99
AG
sirhc said:

woodiewood said:

Like someone mentioned, sometimes the windshields have cameras that have to be calibrated. Is David able to do this if he comes to your house?

Confirm with him but I can't see how why not. I had Safelite do the last one (only because it was after a hail storm and Dave was booked solid) at my house, and they brought a portable callibration kit that looked like a suitcase. Dave's the OG of windshields in this town and I've gotta believe he's got that too.
TyHolden
AG
nthomas99 said:

sirhc said:

woodiewood said:

Confirm with him but I can't see how why not. I had Safelite do the last one (only because it was after a hail storm and Dave was booked solid) at my house, and they brought a portable collaboration kit that looked like a suitcase. Dave's the OG of windshields in this town and I've gotta believe he's got that too.
He's got some kind of partnership with somebody - Gladney Soltuions I think. He said everything can be done at your house. Don't call him until I schedule mine!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.