Wayback burgers...my take

14,101 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FlyRod
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I also wish we had a In & Out. Freddy's is pretty damn good but kind of out of the way for me.

I love Koppe Bridge but it's definitely not what it used to be.

I still haven't tried Smith K's but hear it's not bad.

I really wish we had a Storm's. those thin little patties are awesome.
Broncos
Grub, Harvey Washbangers, Smitty K's, Freddy's, Proudest Monkey... All delicious in their own way.
Spyderman
AG
DQ
OnlyANobody
Mr. Nobody went through Lampasas today. Guess what he had. He texted to brag.
marrocco
WRT Wayback Burgers, when I went in the late afternoon, the place was packed, there were 10 people in line in front of me, only one register was running, and the cashier was taking a minimum of two minutes per transaction, with some running up to over three minutes (yeah, eventually I started timing them). The AC felt like it was struggling. When I finally got up to the register 20 minutes later, the manager finally opened up the second register. I got my food relatively quickly - bacon double cheeseburger, onion rings, and a chocolate shake. It was all ok, but I wasn't terribly impressed with the onion rings. At this point, I feel like I've done it, I survived the wait, and I don't have to ever do it again. Freddy's offers a much more pleasurable experience with comparable food.
ChampsAg
Smitty K's was absolutely horrible last time I went. Bad enough not to go back.
Scruffy
AG
quote:
Fer Gawds sake folks it's ground beef served on a bun

This!!!!

My wife loves burgers.
And this past summer when I went to see her in Scotland there were several times I put my foot down about not paying 10-15 for ground beef; no matter how "fancy" they say it is.

I don't understand many people's infatuation with burgers. Or why they pay more than $5 for one.
FlyRod
quote:
I don't understand many people's infatuation with burgers. Or why they pay more than $5 for one.

IIRC correctly CharlieMac started a thread years ago inquiring how much people were willing to pay for a burger. the answers were, as you might guess, interesting.

Would I pay over $5 for a burger? Sure, if it was an unusual burger, made with obviously pricey ingredients, etc. I'm not sure I've even had a beef burger at Grub; I always get the non-beef ones.

I paid $4.79 for the one at Wayback, which seemed just fine. Honestly when I really want "just a burger" I get a Whataburger Jr. which IMO can hold its own quite well against many contenders.
FlyRod
quote:
Nailed it. I suspect food costs have caught up with them. Gotta sacrifice somewhere.

Nailed failed. I eat at Grub every week and they have only gotten better. Their new carnitas sandwhich is bombdiggity.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
DQ
Spyderman staying consistent since 2006!
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
Nailed it so hard, nail ain't ever coming out.
txyaloo
AG

quote:
I really wish we had a Storm's. those thin little patties are awesome.
IDK if you've been to Storm's lately, but it just isn't the same since Robbis sold the place a few years ago.
Kitten With A Whip
Burger House next to Pepe's. Best burger and bun in town, to me.
AC Hopper
S
Dairy Queen Hunger Buster (1 patty), Belt Buster (2 patties), & Gut? Buster (3) are delish homemade, diner style burgers!
FlyRod
quote:
Grub went from grinding their own to a packaged product. I don't know if it's a generic product or a Grub specification.

Their menu states "We grind our signature brisket & chuck blend every morning."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.