Dance studios

1,596 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by threecatcorner
barefoot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am looking for one both my young daughters can join for ballet/tap and maybe jazz, but the classes are not conducive to our schedule (need after-work hours). Also, if you or your kids have experience there, what did you like about it? TIA!
justalocal
Our best experience was at Suzanne's. My child was 5 at the time and their dress code was not strict. We took a Saturday class. Teacher was awesome.

We took her to expressions when she was 4 and they were strict on dress code so she sat out all but 2 classes. I can't really give any more specifics because her grandma took her. I just got report that she had to wear the leotard, tights, shoes or she couldn't participate. I'm not too sure if that was a teacher thing or studio rule but it is one reason I skipped expressions when she stated in interest in dance again.
rptsAg03
My girls (7&almost 6)have been at Suzanne's - my oldest for almost four years now. I have no studio to compare it to, but I personally like how the girls are encouraged to grow in a healthy and age appropriate love for dance and also to use their talent as an expression of their faith. I have been pleased with the level of instruction received and the progress my girls have made each year. There are plenty of after work class times offered. At the younger ages, classes are offered in a combo format, so they get a taste of everything before they start "choosing" at an older age. They should be having their open house coming up in early August. A great chance to meet the owner and teachers and ask lots of questions. Good luck.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Suzanne's

no hoochie mama dancing for 7 year olds there unlike other places
ro828
On Our Toes. It's a small studio, so the recital at the end of the year is not an endurance contest. Our granddaughters have both taken classes there, and the older one (going into her Senior year at Consol) just came back from a competition yesterday.
JessicaShefty
I would also recommend Suzanne's. The professionalism of the studio is great, you get what you pay for. The teachers are highly trained. I've also been to Pure Energy in Bryan but I don't recommend them. The attention to detail isn't there, the instructors seem to change often and as a result there is no consistency on curriculum.
Average Joe
AG
I'm probably no help, but my daughter is 2 and at Suzanne's doing the Mommy and Me program with my wife. For anyone that is interested in starting the kids early, I highly recommend them. They mainly do listening skill building while having fun. She really enjoys it and asks to go to dance every day.
jmb09
AG
I would recommend Suzanne's as well. I danced, worked in the office and taught classes there while I was in college several years ago and it was a great place to teach and dance! I have no other studios in the BCS area to compare to, but I have worked at many dance studios in the Dallas area, and Suzanne's is by far one of the best studios I've danced or worked at with regards to age appropriate curriculum and attire.

My suggestion though would be to visit different studios and see if they offer trial classes. It is the best way to find out where your child is most comfortable.
barefoot
Thank you all so much! I really appreciate the feedback and details. Looks like I will definitely be visiting Suzanne's!
Rooster14
I know this is not going to help, but in the original post instead of "ballet/tap" my twisted brain read battle tap. And I thought what a completely awesome thing that would be to participate in.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
Definitely Expressions. It's run by some of the best people with some of the best teachers. I met some of the best people that will be lifelong friends there. I can't speak highly enough of that dance studio. I would suggest you go back and check them out too.
threecatcorner
There's a Mommy and Me dance class?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.