City Officials of Bryan and College Station...

6,840 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by halibut sinclair
starbuck128
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

If you have an android, go to settings - privacy and emergency - emergency alerts - settings (top right) - alert types.

Then you can turn on and off which ones you want.
My Android has it under Wireless & networks more -> Emergency Broadcasts. Options for alerts for extreme threats, severe threats and AMBER alerts.
BrandoC
AG
KTBX News didn't even notify that there was a tornado that had touched down. That's freaking ridiculous.
dubi
AG
quote:
Was anyone killed or injured? I haven't seen any reports of that.
2 dead and 1 missing in Washington County.

KidDoc
AG
quote:
KTBX News didn't even notify that there was a tornado that had touched down, That's freaking ridiculous.
I got the alert on their app when it happened, or a bit after.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
We have a fairly high number of lower income folks in the BCS area who most likely don't have smart phones and weather apps. It's often such folks who are the victims of tornadoes, esp in rural areas, because they had no warning. Maybe sirens aren't the answer but maybe they'd help.
I work extensively with low income young families in this area and they ALL have cell phones (and tablets).

Now it may be different for older folks I don't work with them daily.
KidDoc is correct. The poor have Obamaphones. The elderly may not have smart phones, and for them a weather alert radio is a good idea.

Lived up in the DFW area and they had sirens, but it was denser population and they seem to experience worse weather than we do.
FlyRod
I don't recall kiddoc mentioning "Obamaphones" but nice job trying to politicize a local weather event.
halibut sinclair
quote:
I don't recall kiddoc mentioning "Obamaphones" but nice job trying to politicize a local weather event. You're something else.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.