Help Needed/Estate Sale question

1,576 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CrazyAgE
BlueAg2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Aggieland board! I have a few questions for ya. In August 2014, my mom suddenly passed away in College Station, leaving my dad alone. At the time, the kids decided that we would give him a year to figure out what he wants to do as far as living accommodations are concerned and talk at that time. Here we are, approaching the two year mark. My dad's mental and physical health are rapidly declining and we feel that his living alone in College Station (I'm in Dallas, sister in Albuquerque, brother in Pittsburgh), just isn't feasible anymore. He is depressed, not taking care of himself and spending much more money than he needs to on rent for a large house he can't really keep up with.

My siblings and I are planning on moving him out to Albuquerque where my sister can keep a better eye on him. However, we have an entire house of stuff to deal with. We've had a couple of small garage sales since my mom's passing, to remove clutter, but this is going to be an even greater undertaking. We plan on furnishing an apartment for him and just selling most of what's in College Station (pretty much all of the furniture and non-essentials). How does one even begin to complete this task? With all of us spread out across the country, we are trying to accomplish this in as few trips as possible. Is an estate sale a possibility? Are there people in CS to help with this?

iisanaggie
AG
Contact Caring Transitions 431-0520. They are great!
momlaw
AG
A friend of mine purchases estates in whole or part. I will let her know about this post, however, if you email me your contact information I will connect the two of you directly.

momlaw76 at gmail
techno-ag
AG
+1 for Caring Transitions. They'll take care of it for you.
07bluebonnet
S&S Auctions frequently do estate sales.

http://www.ssattic.com/

CrazyAgE
BlueAg2003 - could you please drop me an email?? Thanks!

locoaggie at gmail dot com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.