Texas House District 14

7,449 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TellMeMore
Delmar Berry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Thanks Jess
I can verify that Saw is not Jess. I know Saw, he as been in my home. I've never met Jess.
techno-ag
AG
When Jess has posted here in the past, it's been in his own name.
Yuccadoo
Sawgunner =/= Jess Fields
O.G.
Thank you.
TXAggie1976
AG
Jess has always answered using his own name.... In the past.
Deleted account
Why did Raney attack Blinn? Made no sense. Blinn has invested a lot here over the years. Even built a new campus, now building another. Trying to impose unique legislation on just one community college smacked of legislative activism, and seemed vindictive somehow to me. For a gent who never told us what he was for, he sure went after Blinn
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Why did Raney attack Blinn? Made no sense. Blinn has invested a lot here over the years. Even built a new campus, now building another. Trying to impose unique legislation on just one community college smacked of legislative activism, and seemed vindictive somehow to me. For a gent who never told us what he was for, he sure went after Blinn
Dunno if it was an attack so much as an effort to address funding inequalities between the counties.
carpe vinum
AG
The state pays the college a set amount per student / hour. The bulk of the enrollment was in Bryan, but Blinn kept a substantial amount of that "Bryan" enrollment money at the Brenham campus. His legislation would have made enrollment dollars stay in the county where the attendance was. That's only seen as an attack by the Brenham people.
FlyRod
From what I've read, techno's interpretation of Raney's position on Blinn is correct. "Attack" is a bit of a mis-representation.
TellMeMore
I don't think it is exactly "unique" legislation. While it might be uncommon for schools like Blinn to be in more than one county it is not one of a kind. I think the legislation might also be designed to make more clear where the dollars actually go. Blinn is a great asset to Brazos County, but it should not be a cash cow for the Brenham campus. A quick glance at the budget shows the athletic department is a significant drain on the bottom line.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.