*SCAM ALERT* - Phone calls about your computer

7,876 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Rockdoc
Nom de Plume
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks! Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
Rozzy
My wife got the call a few hours ago and handed the phone to me to play with them for a while. I kept them on the phone for 25 minutes and when I finally revealed that I was messing with him the nice Indian man called me a ******* and hung up. I've been chuckling all night thinking about it.
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
Thanks! Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
Thanks. You will see from my posts that i'm very frail. Another video that the townies may find more entertaining:

Notice that they use the same method of setting a log in password.

And one very special for you Nom:

originaltexan
Takes about 3 minutes

800-843-0000 as a phone number

With Verizon, you have to do this every 30 days. It is free.

Once the robot picks up on a cell number, it will be a "good" number, and you will get called backed later. I speculate that once enough numbers are generated as valid, the whole process will start over from a different phone number.
AggieRebel
AG
Just got the call from some Indian dude. I was reading SpreadsheetAg's depth chart update so I figured I would mess with the guy a little. Started telling him all about texags and asking him about the depth chart. After about 10 minutes of him trying to get me to go to the showmypc website and me telling him how good Myles Garrett is I could tell he was getting really frustrated so I told him I knew it was a scam and I was just messing with him. He said no we're not a scam, we're trying to help you. I asked how they could help me and he said they help in all kinds of ways.

The best part was when I told him maybe he had a virus he responded with "your mouth has a virus." I started laughing which I guess encouraged him so he added "And your a$$. And your peni$." Then we were both laughing. I ended it with the classic "say hello to your mother for me." I liked that guy
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
Then we were both laughing. I ended it with the classic "say hello to your mother for me." I liked that guy
https://screen.yahoo.com/mark-wahlberg-talks-animals-000000362.html
KaneIsAble
AG
Just called me too - Geek Squad rep
Rockdoc
AG
Yep just got the call. English sounding accent. I let him talk for as long as he wanted and then told him I didn't own a computer, didn't believe in them. Click!
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
Yep just got the call. English sounding accent. I let him talk for as long as he wanted and then told him I didn't own a computer, didn't believe in them. Click!
BCStalk
Wonder if they would bother trying if they knew all I use is an IPad. I don't even use a computer anymore.
Rockdoc
AG
So did the guy on the phone
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
So did the guy on the phone
jenjc
AG
I got the call too. We don't have a windows machine so when I asked what computer they were referring to they hung up on me.
dgonzo99
I have gotten dozens of the calls the last month. I have stopped some of them. I have a personal alarm that I play into the phone when I answer. The loud horrible sound tends to discourage them from calling back.
Rockdoc
AG
Unfortunately they have more than one employee making calls. Somebody will call back.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.