Real Estate Sales Numbers?

3,598 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
CS78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There was an agent that used to post year over year and current sales trends. She included Days On Market, Sold Units, Average Price, etc. Does anybody have those numbers or know where to get them? Thanks!
halibut sinclair
Real Estate Center:

http://recenter.tamu.edu/
carpe vinum
AG
http://www.bcsrealtor.com/mls-monthly-housing-trends/
dubi
AG
quote:
http://www.bcsrealtor.com/mls-monthly-housing-trends/

Y axis not marked.
http://www.bcsrealtor.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Monthly-Average-Sales.pdf

And may converges for all 3 years.
carpe vinum
AG
tell bcsrealtor.com, i just posted the link.
JenniferJennings
That was me Staff says I can't post unsolicitated information...but if you ask, I CAN They also made me remove REALTOR from my user name...

Here are the STATS for BCS for Jan-June 2015 These numbers are only for Bryan College Station

# listing in inventory 956 2014 1212 down 21%
# listing taken in May 465 2014 407 14%
# YTD 2184 2014 2105 4%

closed may 2015 387 2014 353 +9.6
closed YTD 1368 2014 1254 +9%

avg sales price
2015 YTD $213484 2014 $195,556 +9%
AVG DOM 85 2014 106

any more questions, feel free to ask
techno-ag
AG
Thanks Jennifer!
FlyRod
Tailgate88
carpe vinum
AG
If interested in other markets as well as ours go to the Texas A&M Real Estate site. They have monthly reports, but also look at the presentations given by Gaines and Dotzour. TONS of great info in those slides.
CharlieMac
Thank you Jennifer!
halibut sinclair
QuitTrippin
Time on market in CS for a decent home under $200k is about 24 hours.
CS78
Thanks for all the info!

quote:
Time on market in CS for a decent home under $200k is about 24 hours.

That's what I have been observing, especially in the last month, and was wondering what the stats were showing. It's not just CS. Anything in a decent neighborhood in Bryan seems to be flying off the shelves. There are areas that have been flat for years that seem to be showing double digit gains almost overnight.

May luck be with you if you are a first time buyer.
JenniferJennings
Days on market is from listing to closing....not from listing to contract....if you want to know listing to contract here you go!
Of 1075 sales of homes in Bryan CS since January (homes only, not new builder, condos etc...)
648 of them were under contract within 30 days
402 of them were under contract in 7 days
250 were under contract in 3 days
71 were under contract day ONE!
JM04
AG
Since homes are selling so quickly are realtors giving a discount since the home is selling itself. We are about to list and really struggling to see the need of using a realtor
Kate Beckett
AG
Looking to buy next year for the first time and this is not looking promising.
JenniferJennings
Thats a great question.....and i will preface it by saying commissions are always negotiable
However, to say houses are selling easily is a little misleading. Houses are going under contract quickly...and at a premium price, but the actual sale is pretty hard. This market has created it's own nightmares-for example, if you get multiple offers, knowing which one is most likely to close....many things have to be considered from the type of financing, to the 'outs' that are build in for the buyers....One big issue you have is when a buyer pays at or over list price, they expect the house to convey in near pristine condition. So, things that were normally overlooked on an inspection can become 'deal breakers'.....Then, if you get past all that you have the appraisal issues-we have had more homes not appraise this year than in many years past....knowing how to navigate that is vitally important....

Basically I tell sellers that the 'work' on a realtors side has shifted from marketing, in the beginning, to problem solving on the back end. I spend more time solving problems post contract than ever before in 11 years of selling. Having a realtor that knows how to do that, and has the contacts to save you money on repairs and can keep your sale moving forward is what you need to look for...if they know how to do that AND offer a reduced commission-then its a WIN...but if they don't have that skill set, it could cost you more in the long run.

AggiePlaya
AG
If the location is good and house is nice they are definitely flying off the shelves in BCS. My wife listed one in South College Station that went under contract day 1 and there were around 4 showing within 2 hrs of hitting the market.

Jennifer is right though, there is a lot more involved even after going under contract. I can't tell u how many people screwed themselves during the process because they underestimated things. It's like anything, if you lack the experience hire help!
jmazz
AG
There's a company in town that does flat fee listings. Perhaps you could check them out (link below if you're looking on a computer).
CharlieMac
quote:

Jennifer, will home prices stabilize by this fall or spring, in your opinion?
originaltexan
This market, like all markets, will chill out. New construction will dive, price per sq ft will dip.

It could be 6, 12, or 18 months. It could be 24 months.

Nobody knows.

At this point, it is hard to say what the base should be for price per sq ft. We may never see $100 to $110 per sq ft again. Maybe we will see the average of $120 a sq ft for a used house. New build might be more.

Timing is everything, but impossible to do. You are either lucky or your not.

A bunch of possibilities exist.

Bottomline, if you got the ways and means, get some real estate today. You never know about new federal laws that could affect buying or owning real estate.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
Maybe we will see the average of $120 a sq ft for a used house. New build might be more.

Yep, I think we're already seeing that in certain areas. We paid $127 a sq ft (not including adds/changes), so we ended up paying over $130 a sq ft. We're in a new phase of Austin's Colony. We found out a week or so ago, new and to be built houses in our phase are already bumping up in price an average of 15k.

This phase also had a 2 year build out and it is almost completely done in less than a year. Before we closed (but after contract was signed with our builder) a lot of the houses on our street sold and for more than we paid. Built in equity, whoop!
JenniferJennings
quote:
quote:

Jennifer, will home prices stabilize by this fall or spring, in your opinion?

We are starting to see the 'feeding frenzy' die down now....multiple offer scenarios are still common but not as often. Appraisers have also done a fair job of establishing fair values for homes...though in many cases people brought additional money to the table when appraisals were short.

Our market has all indicators of staying strong..new industry continues to come in, parents are still buying homes for students etc....so I don't think we will be bottoming out anytime soon. And, we really have limited raw land to build on, so new build prices will continue to rise
If interests rates stay low-prices will continue to rise...so buyers need to be ready to pull the trigger as soon as they find what they like.
mazag08
AG
Our market isn't slowing any time soon. The rate of growth might slow, especially season to season, but right now builders can barely keep up and quality inventory is still very low.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.