PSA: Brazos County Tax Office has moved

3,138 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by duffelpud
fcag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you are heading to the tax office in the near future, they are no longer in downtown Bryan. They moved a couple weeks ago to their new facility off of Boonville Rd.

The new address is 4151 County Park Ct. Bryan, Texas 77802, which isn't even in Google Maps yet. It's across from Christopher's World Grill, down Pendleton Dr.

So don't do what I did today and drive to downtown Bryan to get your vehicle renewed. I was actually kind of surprised because I had just gotten a notice from them in the mail a few days ago and it still had the old address.

The new building is very nice.
MiMi
S
The new building has a drive-thru window.
oklaunion
Was in there a week or so ago and told the lady who waited on me that it wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings if the employees mixed in a smile or two. The employees looked like they were attending a wake.
Very opulent surroundings, probably could have been done much cheaper and accomplished the same thing.
birdman
I agree. Waste of tax payer money to build that very nice and very large office.

And yes, the women that work there are still snotty and unpleasant.
Al Bula
AG
In general, county employees everywhere are entitled and surly. They are largely uneducated and lazy, so there is very little chance of them getting a better job.
ksp
Ya still to far, I either mail my stuff in OR you can go to HEB and get your car registered there. Most people have a HEB that is much more logical to get to.
James Russell
AG
I usually just mail it in. The $1.00 or so is worth not making the trip to the tax office to me in gas alone.
ksp
quote:
I usually just mail it in. The $1.00 or so is worth not making the trip to the tax office to me in gas alone.
Save the $1 and buy when you need to go to HEB, in 50 short years, you saved $50.
ro828
Birdman, try engaging them in conversation, calling them by name, making eye contact, etc. Now, the people at DPS are a whole other story. I'd have doubts that they're even human, but a friend of ours worked there for a few unhappy weeks. When she'd be polite to people who came in, workers farther up the food chain rebuked her sharply. The general attitude was that the people who worked there were US and the rest of the planet was THEM.
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
Birdman, try engaging them in conversation, calling them by name, making eye contact, etc. Now, the people at DPS are a whole other story. I'd have doubts that they're even human, but a friend of ours worked there for a few unhappy weeks. When she'd be polite to people who came in, workers farther up the food chain rebuked her sharply. The general attitude was that the people who worked there were US and the rest of the planet was THEM.
Never engage a county bureaucrat directly, and especially DO NOT make eye contact with them. They have been known to swallow souls for merely looking at them.
Keep your head down, don't make eye contact, don't say anything unless asked - and even then give one word answers, don't say anymore than you have to - and pray you escape from there without being locked in eternal darkness.
duffelpud
AG
quote:
Birdman, try engaging them in conversation, calling them by name, making eye contact, etc.
My first experience at the new tax palace was awful. My second went great. Both involved solving title issues for antique vehicles, a task I have become something of an expert at over the years.

During the first encounter I relied on the local staff to help me solve my problem - big mistake. I communicated my issue to the teller who looked at me with glazed eyes before calling over a supervisor. He then communicated to her my problem, leaving out several items that were crucial to completing my task correctly. I tried to correct him but was given 'the hand' by the supervisor, who then turned and called the regional office in Waco and proceeded to communicate to them a completely different story that, now twice removed, was only vaguely similar to my actual issue. When I again tried to correct the mistakes I was ignored. When she got off the phone she said they couldn't help me until I transported my non-running antique vehicle to the nearest inspection station in Magnolia for examination. I explained to her the key points missing in her phone call, but they fell on increasingly irritated and deaf ears. At this point I calmly asked for all my documents back and drove to the tax office in another county (where I own land) and completed the task without problem. They are used to doing certain things with regularity, and do them well, but difficult tasks seem to send some of them to the dark side.

During the second encounter, I did all the legwork over the phone with the regional office in Waco before making the trip, and it couldn't have been more pleasant; they just had to take my paperwork and money - it's what they do best.
duffelpud
AG
Also, here is a rendering of the new tax palace and a photo of a ski lodge - see if you can figure out which is which (hint - look for the snow).

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.