Looking for a small dog groomer

7,903 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Nestkeeper
Texas Ag Mom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My daughter is keeping my 8 lb Shih Tzu for me. She needs to get Maggie groomed. I would like her to spend no more than $40 if possible. Maggie doesn't particularly like to get groomed & she can get a little anxious so someone who is patient & good w/small dogs would be great.

I also would like Maggie to have her teeth cleaned while in BCS so if you can recommend someone for that as well. Thanks!
FightingAggie
AG
All the dog groomers I know are at least 5'6.
bionat80

• Misty Reed
  • Top Paw Pet Spa
  • Address: 700 University Dr E Suite 202, College Station, TX 77840
  • Phone: (281) 682-4596

• Max06
    AG
    Misty is great!
    quote:
  • Misty Reed
  • Top Paw Pet Spa
  • Address: 700 University Dr E Suite 202, College Station, TX 77840
  • Phone: (281) 682-4596

• InMyOpinion
    quote:

Dang, beat me to it

Call Wiggles and Wags 979-268-4143
    They have groomed my *****zu for years and I have never had a problem.
    ksp
    quote:
    quote:

my *****zu for years
    Weak
    sheridan07
    Please call Wiggles and Wags. Not sure what their prices are and if they will groom for $40, but it's worth calling. I would not recommend Top Paw, especially for an anxious dog. I've witnessed the groomer/owner treat well-behaved dogs horribly.
    PhiAggie
    AG
    Took my dog to wiggles and wags and they did a good job. They were also very cordial. A little higher price but within a $10 dollar range of other groomers for my dogs size.

Only thing I didn't appreciate was the rainbow colored bandana they put on him when i picked him up. Im guessing they are a gay establishment? I didn't ask.

Next time I'll ask them to not put one on him.
    ksp
    quote:
    Took my dog to wiggles and wags and they did a good job. They were also very cordial. A little higher price but within a $10 dollar range of other groomers for my dogs size.

Only thing I didn't appreciate was the rainbow colored bandana they put on him when i picked him up. Im guessing they are a gay establishment? I didn't ask.

Next time I'll ask them to not put one on him.
    PhiAggie
    AG
    What's entertaining about that? They did good and I'll take them my business again.
    ksp
    Perhaps it is just rainbow color and not a gay establishment ?

Was just a bizarre thing to add, knowing this website, just expect some to be offended for whatever reason they have.

Carry on!
    Sweet Kitten Feet
    S
    Hollywood hounds. They come to you.
    MsC2012
    AG
    Wiggles and Wags! I spend 50 including tax for my 16 lb Toy Aussie! Everyone else was at least 60. Hollywood Hounds was $70 which was crazy!!!!!!!

Rexter
    The rib's maltizhu has the same issues with being groomed. She takes the dog to America's Country Store in Wellborn. They do a great job, and I think it runs about $37.
    aggieboy06
    quote:
    Please call Wiggles and Wags. Not sure what their prices are and if they will groom for $40, but it's worth calling. I would not recommend Top Paw, especially for an anxious dog. I've witnessed the groomer/owner treat well-behaved dogs horribly.
    I would call Misty at Top Paw. Not sure what issue you are referring to but I know that She has cameras at her shop that record all pets being groomed to protect her from claims like this. I know for a fact that no other groomers in town record their groomers interactions with pets.
    sheridan07
    quote:
    I would call Misty at Top Paw. Not sure what issue you are referring to but I know that She has cameras at her shop that record all pets being groomed to protect her from claims like this. I know for a fact that no other groomers in town record their groomers interactions with pets.

I guess cameras protect owner of the store from her employees, but if she owns the cameras and does something horrific, she could just delete it... Sorry, that offers no peace of mind.
    I edited my post. Will let owner of said video know it should be reported. It's not mine so I can't report it - just sharing what I saw.
    ncttc
    A second vote for Hollywood Hounds. Jessica is a little more expensive than $40, but well worth it in my opinion. I have two toy poodles and they both get extremely nervous going to the groomers. Jessica has a mobile truck that comes to your home and she is great with both of my dogs. They handle it a lot better than going to the groomers.
    csnole
    And did you report this to the authorities? Posting anonymously that you "saw" something horrible on a message board is not really believable.

I know that she grooms Bryan Animal Center dogs for free and has done a great job, but if what your saying is true than you must report it!
    OlderAggie
    AG
    Misty at Top Paw Pet Spa is the best. She knows about all breeds and is a wonderful professional.
    PhiAggie
    AG
    quote:
    Perhaps it is just rainbow color and not a gay establishment ?

Was just a bizarre thing to add, knowing this website, just expect some to be offended for whatever reason they have.

Carry on!

Feel better? Seems you're making this bigger than it needs to be.
    Scoopen Skwert
    AG
    Misty Reed is the best! Hands down. Our dog was attacked as a puppy and has anxiety around other dogs and Misty opens up early for us so she doesn't have to be around a lot of other dogs besides Misty's springer and poodle. Our dog after a few visits now doesn't require being medicated.
    Nestkeeper
    Give Hollywood Hounds a call. Jessica is awesome. they comes to your homestead with her mobile unit. Its air conditioned and heated, hot running water and all. She simply take your pet out to her mobile pet grooming room and brings him right back when she is finished. cuts stress to a bare minimum. Love her.
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.