Private Swimming Lessons

2,420 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by wysiwyg
NewAgE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I did the City of CS swimming lessons for my 3 and 2 year old last summer and it was not worth the money for us. We were thinking of private lessons this year for my now 4 year old. Anyone know of a good place for the kiddos or a great teacher willing to come to our neighborhood pool in South CS?
JR Ewing
AG
Coach Glenn at Aerofit on Villa Maria is the best...go private as opposed to group lessons. They are worth the money, and each kid would get 30 minutes at a time, or you can do combined private lessons. You don't have to be an Aerofit member, but it is a little cheaper if you are. Oh, and get on his schedule yesterday!
meezermom
We are going to go to Aerofit and do this - had the same problem with the city lessons. They just don't give enough one-on-one time to properly teach the kids how to swim. Aerofit says they'll teach the kids at the same time (2 of them like yours) semi-private lessons and that they will probably do well feeding off each other with the learning.

I wish we had a pool and could get someone to come to us, but apparently if you don't have your own pool, it's either the city or Aerofit in this neck of the woods!
Jayjay4268
AG
Wow, some of those prices get pretty steep. I coached a neighborhood swim team a few summers ago and gave private swimming lessons on the side. I think I only charged $20/half hour for a one-on-one session. Are any of your neighbors kids really into swimming? I'm sure a high school swimmer wouldn't mind making some extra money and would be a lot cheaper/more hands on.
aggiegal99
My kid has hated swim lessons from the time he was 2. Last year, at age 8, I had him take private lessons through BCS Fitness and he FINALLY learned how to swim, lost his fear of the water, and had a great time.
mtec
My son is also 8 and I haven't been impressed with the group swim lessons offered in town. We plan on doing our own swim lessons at the pool and see how it goes but if not BCS Fitness seems like a good option!
Charli
All of our kids excelled through Bryan Aquatics program, just in case you can't get with Coach Glenn.
wysiwyg
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.