110 photo negatives to digital images?

1,962 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by studioone
AgMedic02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was going through some stuff at my parents and discovered a bunch of old photo negatives and slides I'm trying to have digitized to give to my dad for b-day. Between Walgreens and Specialties Photography, I have been able to get all the 35mm stuff done, but some of them are 110 negatives, and apparently neither of them have the hardware to deal with that dinosaur, nor do they have any suggestions of who locally can do them.

Anybody have any leads on who might can do it? Preferably somewhere local, but I'm in Houston, Austin, and Dallas on a fairly regular basis, so I can drop them there if anyone knows of a place.... TIA!

-Medic
ksp
Maybe studioone (Darren). He posts here and is a professional photographer with all kinds of equipment.
dfphotos
flatbed scanner and a transparency adapter. should work.
Tim Weaver
Hahaha!

Darrin is a technophobe. He would still be using giant bellows cameras and flash powder if he could!

Probably the easiest way is to mail them to a bulk scanning place like http://www.scancafe.com/ or one of the 200 other places that do this. The quality is way better than you will get at home and it's something you don't have to sit and babysit forever.

Or, you can get a slide holder for most flatbed scanners as well. Quality depends on, how good of a scanner do you have, and how well do you place and align the slides. This method takes a while as you manually swap slides in and out of the scanner and push the button.......Aaaaand wait........
backinbcs
https://www.digmypics.com/
They do a great job.[url=https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#][/url]
ksp
quote:
Hahaha!

Darrin is a technophobe. He would still be using giant bellows cameras and flash powder if he could!

Probably the easiest way is to mail them to a bulk scanning place like http://www.scancafe.com/ or one of the 200 other places that do this. The quality is way better than you will get at home and it's something you don't have to sit and babysit forever.

Or, you can get a slide holder for most flatbed scanners as well. Quality depends on, how good of a scanner do you have, and how well do you place and align the slides. This method takes a while as you manually swap slides in and out of the scanner and push the button.......Aaaaand wait........
Good thing I was heavy on the maybe
AggieJason
AG
Perhaps you can talk to an archivist at the TAMU Library? I'd start in Cushing.

The College of Architecture does some of this as well, but I don't know if they have the equipment to do 110 negatives. Worth a shot: 979-845-5212; ask for Paula or Ian.
studioone
"Darrin is a technophobe. He would still be using giant bellows cameras and flash powder if he could! "

and your point?

It is FAR FAR cheaper, to buy your own scanner and do them yourselves, than it is to send them off... i know one place that charges $10 each scan..

Darrin Hill
Master Photographer, Photographic Craftsmen, Cr, CPPA
95_Aggie
AG
It looks like digmypics starts at 39 cents per 110 negative frame
Tim Weaver
quote:
"Darrin is a technophobe. He would still be using giant bellows cameras and flash powder if he could! "

and your point?

Darrin Hill
Master Photographer, Photographic Craftsmen, Cr, CPPA

LOL, I think that IS my point!

http://cr4.globalspec.com/PostImages/201104/camera_117E7DEB-95A4-3493-9D1F5673DDF35929.jpg
PS3D
I thought studioone was the beekeeper.
Tim Weaver
quote:
I thought studioone was the beekeeper.
Among other things...

Beekeeper, Woodturner, Photographer, and Wedding Venue owner. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, and maybe a Spy
studioone
i do it all...

i own avalon... a local wedding venue

I own Studio One ,.. a local photo studio that is at Avalon..

I own Dart Woodworks.., I do wood turning art, jewelry, cutting boards, etc.. sell stuff on etsy, etc... but i work in the shop about 2-3 hours a night... Dart stands for two things... Darren and Rebecccas Twins.. and Darrins Art... D A R T..

I own Darrin Hill Rental Properties... a few duplexes and commercial properties..

I also have about 20 beehives, sometimes more, depends on the time of the year.. I sell honey... I OCCASIONALLY remove beehives from peoples walls, attics, etc... I spend a few hours a week doing bees..

Father of identical twin girls, play the bagpipes, collect ORIGINAL 1984 transformers, into saltwater aquariums, and a very extensive antique camera collection...

Oh.. and i think I'm married....

and if u haven't noticed.... the worst case of ADHD you've ever seen...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.