Help Berny (Jason's Deli employee) get his family over here from Kenya!

3,683 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by RockofAges
RXAggie02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you have ever been to Jason's Deli and seen an employee there that is an African male with a huge smile and treating each guest as if they are a family member to him, then you have seen/met Berny. Be blessed just from having this minimal interaction with him. If you ever get the chance to sit with him and hear his story and get to know him, you will be really blessed.

In addition to working at Jason's, Berny is a student at Texas A&M and recently took on a night position at Sandersons farms to save more money to get his family over here from Kenya.

I am attempting to raise money for Berny in order to obtain Visas and airline tickets for his family to join him here in the states. We will be providing Berny with a check on Wednesday for the Visas (to meet deadline), but will still accept donations beyond that point in order to help cut the costs for the airline tickets.

Even if you can just give $1 it will not go unnoticed and will definitly be appreciated by this man and his family.

Please find that you can donate here: Bring Bernys Family Home with him

Thanks for your support of one of our very own Bryan College Station residents.
AggieJason
AG
Whoa - had no idea. He's fantastic!
BlueMiles
AG
I wanted to bump this so interested people can read the update (on the funding site) and learn his story.
understandingmom
Thanks for bump, somehow I missed this when posted. Amazing! So happy for them!
texagbeliever
Awesome story! Trust in the Lord and He will provide.
Sprite09
AG
Thanks for the bump, I also missed this story a few days ago but am glad I saw it today!
duffelpud
AG
Would have been a lot easier to just bring them up through Mexico.
DanHo2010
AG
Where in Kenya is he from?
TheAlarmGuy
TTT

Amen
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
RXAggie02
AG
The closest area to where he is from is Migori.
RXAggie02
AG
Howdy All! Bernys family has made trips to the embassy in Nairobi several times (make the payments for visas, health check-ups and vaccinations, and to pick up visas). They will be back Friday to pick up the last visa for Jeff. Now that they have their visas they can travel!

TWO Prayer requests:
1) Upon their health screens they discovered a polyp/blockage in Cecilia's nose. She cannot breath from this nostril. The american doctor that saw her, said she would be fine for the time being, but recommend definitely having it removed once they get to the states.

2)Pray about donating money to purchase plane tickets. In general, a ticket will cost an adult $1000 and children $500-800 each. For this reason we have bumped the goal up to $5000. It is not necc for Berny to fly there to get them, but he does desire to fly there and come back with them. His wife and children have never flown before and they will have to change flights 3-4 times on a trip from there. He has 3 months from now to raise enough money for his family to fly or else the visas they have received will expire.

We can party for the visas, but help us party for the flight too!
RXAggie02
AG
Donate airline miles, that would be greatly appreciated also! You can email me at shane.Lechler at gmail dot com
OnlyANobody
Glad I finally clicked on this thread. Done.
RXAggie02
AG
bump
TheAlarmGuy
#Amen ,,,, Keep on giving, if this story has touched your heart then Give

#GiveTillYourHeartSings is what I say.

Somebody is in need and all God wants us to do is Help where and when we can, cause that's what we ask Him to do for us every day...

God Bless you All
David,
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
RockofAges
I was the father to the needy; I took up the case of the stranger. Job 29:16

We should all take lessons from Job. We are called to help those in need and to do it with a cheerful heart. Anyone can help a family member or a friend but it takes someone special to give to a stranger!

In agreement with RXAggie02 and TheAlarmGuy!

God bless you Berny and RXAggie02!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.