Which pharmacy do you use and why?

10,744 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Scooley01
dgonzo99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It pays to shop around. I worked for a drug store chain for a few years. Some of the popular meds, we priced way under cost to get the customers in. We made up the difference on other meds. The RX department of Walgreens and CVS and others can make up to 80% of the revenue that a store brings in. In other words, the RX department makes or breaks the store. Nothing wrong with using more than one store. Most of our customers were over 60. They were on limited budgets, so they would ask for an estimate before trading with us. Sometimes we would meet the competition's prices. Sometimes not.
Rapier108
Never, ever use the CVS at Villa Maria and Texas. Worst run pharmacy there is. There is always a long line unless you go very early in the morning or late at night. Most of the customers do not speak English, which just makes it take even longer.

Left there a little while ago with over a dozen people waiting to drop off prescriptions and as many waiting to pick up. The hold up on the drop off window was one woman, arguing in Spanish, about why her Medicaid would not go through. The line never moved except for getting longer, and I couldn't wait any more as I do not want to stand around a bunch of sick people and pick up only God knows what.
meanmom
I have used Kroger on RP/Longmire for about 10 years.
The service has really went down. It took them 4 1/2 hours
to fill a RX after it was called in. While I was there waiting.
They were so rude to a eldery man, trying to return something.
It was an item he purchased that did not work. The techanician
check it and said it didn't work. He wanted his money back.
Another customer spoke up and the pharmacy technician
told her to shut up. I just thought that was the worst
customer service.
atm86
AG
+100 for Goldstar. I've used several, but they are the best!
Rasslin Cheesehead
AG
quote:
Walgreens corner of Briarcrest and 29th. Open 24 hrs and have all our insurance stuff on file. Close to Dr office and not that far from the house.
This is the only pharmacy that I know in all of BCS that is 24 hour.
RPJ83
I use to go to the Walgreens on Brentwood, Penny is awesome, I followed her when she moved from the one on Rock Prairie. Since moving to Kurten I tried using the Walgreens on Booneville, but it is awful for so many reasons. I have switched to Kroger on Booneville and have been very happy with them. Recently I had to get one of my daughter's perscriptions filled, and the CVS at Texas and Villa Maria was the only one that had it in stock. I was very impressed, very good customer serivce.
AgFan1999
AG
CVS on Texas in Bryan is 24 hr as well, IIRC.
aggierandomsaying
AG
I am the pharmacy manager at the HEB Towerpoint, and I keep Bessum's business cards from Goldstar to hand out to customers. She can do things as an independent that larger companies simply can not do. She has access to multiple drug warehouses while we are contracted to just one. She is also set up to compound when in a pinch, and she can deliver prescriptions.

So a big bluestar for Goldstar from me. And bluestar for all the HEBs, too.

My job is awesome!
aggiegal99
I love Penny at Walgreens on Brentwood. I'm glad to see that so many of you do, too. She always makes me smile.
Scooley01
AG
May not be news to anyone here, but FYI - I would not recommend using the pharmacy in the Walmart in CS.

A couple weeks ago, I had the flu and my Dr. wanted to send my prescription electronically. I was going to be out-and-about taking care of errands (even though I was sick), so I had him send the prescription to the CS Walmart, at a little after 2pm.

When I arrived at Walmart at 7pm, I was told that it would be another 30 minutes before my prescription would be ready. I was a bit miffed since it had already been 5 hours since it was sent, but I went through and did my shopping while I waited. I returned to the pharmacy 45 minutes later, only to be told by a pharmacy tech that the prescription was filled, but that the pharmacist had to talk to me before I could get it. I waited another HOUR on the bench in the pharmacy before I was finally able to get my medicine and pay, and the pharmacist NEVER talked to me. There were two different techs working, and they each told me a couple different times that they were going to go talk to the pharmacist to see how much longer it would be.

As annoyed as I was at being in Walmart for over two hours waiting, I brushed it off as they must have been busy or something...until a friend of mine just posted on Facebook about a similar experience picking up a prescription for her kiddo. Apparently this is just how their pharmacy chooses to operate.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.