Which pharmacy do you use and why?

10,745 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Scooley01
RXAggie02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just a questions to discuss...
BCStalk
Not Walgreens for way to many reasons to type. I use Krogers since it is where I shop.
understandingmom
I use Kroger on Rock Prairie. There is one particular tech there that goes out of her way to make sure I'm taken care of. The other long time employees take care of me but aren't overly friendly but aren't rude either. The pharmacists there do seem to change often. I do not have health insurance and they give me good pricing and service. The location is convenient to my errands also. I do shop at Kroger but not as much as I do other places.

You didn't mention which one you use Rx???
PrincessButtercup
AG
Heb towerpoint. They are amazing. Best pharmacy I've ever dealt with.
UmustBKidding
Currently at Kroger Rock Prairie, my wife likes the fuel points but one person with a clue is true. Their machine was incessantly calling my house and we did not have any known orders. So went up there multiple times to resolve it, to no avail, one told me their machine had never call my number. Finally found person with a clue and they immediately found several medications my son no longer takes that were on auto refill.
Best pharmacy in town is the Pharmacy shop on 29th. Not big, fancy or open long hours. But they will know you by name, they will never tell you your refill will be ready tomorrow they will fill it while you wait. To me it was worth driving there from south of Wellborn but I was overruled. And they have service that you will never get at HEB, Kroger, CVS, Walgreens or heaven forbid WalMart.
On my HSA insurance they all are within pennies on price, but I'm sure there is not price fixing going on.
RXAggie02
AG
Im slightly biased. But I prefer HEB (Tower point or Holleman). I live in South College Station.

And as far as previous poster, there are plenty of customers that arrive at HEB that I know their name. The Medicine Chest (Previously Pharmacy Shoppe) on 29th is a great place and the pharmacists are great especially Kevin.

There are other places I like, but usually because the are well run by particulr pharmacists. So really its based on pharmacists.
RXAggie02
AG
Other notable pharmacists off the top of my head:

Michael - Brookshire Brothers
Heather or Karen - HEB 21/Texas Bryan
Carol, Innocent, Savitha - Walmart Bryan
Ed - Walgreens on 29th
Penny - Walgreens on Brentwater
Sara, Keith - HEB Villa Maria/Tejas
Liz - CS Target
Amy - TAMU Vet School Pharmacy
Ron, Roger - HEB Tower Point
Shane, Justin - HEB Holleman
Kevin - Medicine Chest
Mike - Walmart 2818

This isn't all-inclusive, just who I thought of off hand.
dubi
AG
Walgreens on Brentwood. Great personable pharmacist!!

jmazz
AG
I'm going to go with Liz at the CS Target...probably the most rock star Pharmacist there has ever been or ever will be...and also b/c she's my bride, babies Momma, etc.
basketaggie
AG
HEB Towerpoint for sure! We love Monica and all the others. They have been wonderful to our family. I'm not as good with their names as my husband, but I am forever grateful to the one who caught the prescription I was allergic to (Dr insisted they weren't related to each other, but HEB's flags caught it).
justalocal
Kroger on Rock Prairie. It's just where I've been going and have no reason to change.
techno-ag
AG
Bryan Target. Right off the bypass, plus you get Target rewards to use when you spend enough.
Melin88
We weren't picky until a family member was diagnosed with leukemia. The pharmacy he had used (and many that we had called around to) could not supply him with some of the needed meds. My aunt was faced with making extra trips to MD Anderson to pick up certain meds.

Home health care mentioned a new, locally-owned pharmacy, Goldstar, in the St. Joseph Medical Office Building in S. College Station. They not only found sources for those meds, but after using Goldstar for those few, we decided to switch all scripts to them. Unlike the pharm he was using, this group has gone the extra mile to communicate with the MD Anderson team and keep the necessary meds available. With the other pharm, there were frequent glitches and it was left up to us to figure them out. The result was missed critical doses of meds for our family member. Now, instead of spending an hour running the MDA phone obstacle course, we simply call our pharmacy. A bonus: all we have dealt with at Goldstar have been extremely personable and have seemed genuinely interested in the patient's progress.
dgonzo99
The service is outstanding at the Walgreens on Villa Maria and at the one on 29th in Bryan. Get most everything at either one. Never have had a problem.
MsC2012
AG
Walgreens on Fitch! The pharmacist, Liz is literally the best pharmacist I've ever encountered!
GunRangeGal
AG
Justin at the Texas/Holleman HEB is great. That HEB is out of my way, but drive the extra distance to do business there.
AggiePhil
AG
I used to use the Rock Prairie Walgreen's but it got to where I'd be waiting in line for 20+ minutes. So I switched to the new one on Fitch as soon as it opened and haven't looked back. I will say though that they need to hire more pharmacy staff cause it's usually just Judy and maybe one tech working at any given time.
MiMi
S
Scott&White Pharmacy - at all of it's various locations in CS and a couple of them in Temple. I've been going there for 25 years and have never had any issues. Always good service and never a line at the Arrington Rd location. My husband is taking several maintenance meds and they always know him by name when he goes in for a refill. They saved me from paying a big co-pay for my daughter's Epi-pen by having an internet coupon ready for me when I picked it up.
Scooley01
AG
quote:
Walgreens on Fitch! The pharmacist, Liz is literally the best pharmacist I've ever encountered!
Seconding this, Liz is fantastic!
Scruffy
AG
CVS.
It's preferred on my insurance.

On there rare instances I need meds, they aren't anything special. On one occasion they did have to order some and it came in a day later. It wasn't too important.
Birddog
AG
Walgreens corner of Briarcrest and 29th. Open 24 hrs and have all our insurance stuff on file. Close to Dr office and not that far from the house.
mtec
I've made the mistake of using Walmart on Briarcrest. I had been using them a few years and service has just gone down hill. Recently had the worst customer experience I have ever had.... not just at a pharmacy, but anywhere!
Pyewacket
AG
I will give a holla to Jim at Village Foods. It is weird in this age of big box to still know my whole family, what they are taking and greet me personally every time.
nonag97
+1 for Amy at the vet school! She's awesome and gives treats!
RXAggie02
AG
Ah, Yes! Jim is awesome! I always forget about 'ole Village foods over there!
bionat80
Walgreens on 29th and Briarcrest failed to let me know about the Rx membership program, which could have saved me a lot of money on my dog's Rx. I was paying $40 per month for a prescription that I could get for $8 at any other pharmacy. I have since switched to Target in Bryan for my dog's medicine.
71txag
AG
Kroger at Texas and Southwest. Katie and Sarah....do an outstanding job!!
ro828
Wal-Mart in College Station. Wal-Mart is the default pharmacy for Mrs. Ro's Medicare D supplement, and we're in there about ten times a week anyway.
Anna Molly
Have been using the Kroger on RP/Longmire but looking to switch. I seem to not ever get the person who has a clue. Not impressed w/ them at all. I don't really have a "go to" pharmacy as I'm generally healthy but after reading some reviews on here I'm getting ideas on who to use next time I need an Rx.
Lithos
+1 for Village Foods. Amazing to be greeted by name when I stop by for a Rx (considering how infrequently that is)!
firefly1204
Sam's because of price. The price of my monthly meds are cheaper there without using my insurance. For emergency stuff when the kiddo is sick and just want to drive through, I usually use Walgreens on Fitch and that's just because of convenience.
biobioprof
ExpressScripts because thats what the TAMU health plan makes me use.
bionat80
I have TAMU health plan too but choose not to use ExpressScripts mail order. I just go to the pharmacy every 3 months for my med. Never been a problem....
dubi
AG
quote:

You don't have to use this.
biobioprof
quote:
quote:

You don't have to use this.
Maybe it's changed, but I use a prescription med where they told me that if I wanted to stay with S&W Pharmacy it would cost significantly more. It's pretty much the only thing I get.

Edit to add: cost more not because their prices were better, but because they would add a fee for not using their preferred vendor.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.