t v commercials..the worst

14,082 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AggiePirate
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The commercial where the guy says something like "And God with his SAVING MIGHT(???)...TO DELIVER HIM!" I think it's a Central Baptist commercial, it's been coming on for years. Y'all know the commercial I'm talking about.
Post removed:
by user
dfphotos
The Brazos Fellowship commercial is awful as well.
doubledog
quote:
I can't stand the toyota commercials

It is not only what you say but how you say it. Hands clenched together with interwoven fingers indicates stress or anxiety. I wonder why? Also pointing at the camera like it is a person is impolite and quite rude. When you point your finger at a peer it is an aggressive angry gesture that is threatening and not inviting.

(Removed:11023A)
AG
Can not stand the idiotic Zeicker (or whatever their name is) commercial, holly chit they are baaaaaaaaaad
gutmancometh
Potato Shack...
bcstx06
Does anyone know whatever happened to Marshall Dillon and the Mattress Factory?
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Mattress Factory went out of business several years ago. Marshall has to darn near 30 by now.
ksp
Repo joe(his name is woody btw) is once a month although it seems weekly. He does three different dealership, Atkinson, one in KC, one in NY and take a weekend off. And yes annoying as hell
thesleepstation
Sponsor
AG
Curry97! I thought we'd make it through the whole thread without mention of our commercials!
halibut sinclair
quote:
Sleep Station
Is that the one with the chick that thinks she's so cute and precious but she's not? And her dopey husband? Love those commercials.
thesleepstation
Sponsor
AG
Thanks for your kindness Halibut. Ill be sure to pass your message along to my wife (who by the way is very cute and precious)!
biobioprof
quote:
quote:
The worst commercials of all are those Sonic commercials
Oh hell yes. They make "NICE PRICE" almost tolerable.

Those two morons passed their expiration date about 5 years ago.
Yes! I tend to forgive locals more because they don't have the ad budgets. Others I dislike:
ATT one with the realtors
Anything about reverse mortgages or gold
FlyRod
Sonic ads epitomize "what you see is what you get." Now if only they spent a fraction of that ad money on something remotely decent to eat.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Sleep Station
Is that the one with the chick that thinks she's so cute and precious but she's not? And her dopey husband? Love those commercials.

Somehow the insults here are not surprising. Against a sponsor, no less.
FlyRod
Won't somebody please think of the sponsors?
Diamond Geezer
This is uncalled for!!
BMoreBirds
I moved to DFW this summer just to get away from the nice price commercials.
gutmancometh
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sleep Station

Somehow the insults here are not surprising. Against a sponsor, no less
If a commercial sucks, it sucks...Sponser or not...Happens with episodes of my favorite TV show also...
ksp
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sleep Station

Somehow the insults here are not surprising. Against a sponsor, no less.
Yet he cannot get off smitty Ks jock and defends it like he is part owner. I think I see what's going on here. He has a defined interest in smittys, but not the sleep station. Figures as to why anytime somebody had something negative to say about smittys he got all huffy about. Perfectly clear now
Kidwrangler
quote:
I really am happy when family-owned businesses around here do well, but nine times out of ten when I see family in commercials I can't help but cringe. Hire an actor if you need one, and a professional to write the script. Some of these ideas for new commercials are just strange.
Amen. The scripts with poor grammar or poor sentence construction bother me, especially since they'd be so simple to fix. One that is filed under the "head-scratcher" category ends with "We sell fun...not tractors!"
"Fun" is well and good, but perhaps their staff could direct me to a place that does sell tractors?

In "nice price", the dad is worse than the kids. Diction matters, folks.

The radio PSAs concerning stopping under-aged alcohol abuse in TX sound as if they were recorded in an empty silo constructed in the middle of a rock quarry.

The man who screams the tips for sports fantasy picks that can be heard " RIGHT NOW on the message phone!!!!!!!!!!" (One, eight hunnert something) needs to be banished to a remote and unpopulated island.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Part of it boils down to two things: a salesperson willing to give in to a client and let them do their own ad, instead of offering better (if not, more expensive) options; and a client that's convinced the ONLY way to reach the masses is with THEIR idea done THEIR way.
frito bandito
I miss um ahh um "Keely"...
dfphotos
Sleep Station is a sponsor? Perhaps they should spend some of their texags sponsorship dollars on a decent commercial. Those things are absolutely brutal.
w8liftr
quote:
Sleep Station is a sponsor? Perhaps they should spend some of their texags sponsorship dollars on a decent commercial. Those things are absolutely brutal.

Encouraging a Texags sponsor on Texags to spend their Texags marketing money somewhere other than Texags?

Lifetime ban in 3, 2, 1, been nice know you!!
FlyRod
The plasma center ones showing college kids selling blood for cash are pretty bad. Yeah I know, good cause and all.
Picadillo
Urinozinc. The worst. Repeats several times as if once was not obnoxious enough.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
The plasma center ones showing college kids selling blood for cash are pretty bad. Yeah I know, good cause and all.

Not to mention those commercials are what? Almost 20 years old?
befitter
Anything with a side effect involving 4 hour erections.
Rapier108
Any commercial for some scum sucking lawyer who claims they can get you money for being harmed by everything from talcum powder to every drug ever made, to every type of car ever made, and everything in between.
mason12
AG
what about the Cherry Ruffino radio commercial where she is testing A&M sports statistics/legends and then transitioning into saying that since she knows A&M history she knows her real estate.
frito bandito
Saw a new one to me last night. Hot Dogs, etc. has a new spot with cartoon chickens with human heads superimposed on them. So bad they are funny.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
This thread should begin and end with "nice price". I know people (including myself) that wont go there simply cause of the commercial. Zweicker one is probably 2nd imho.

As for Brazos Fellowship...i find that song catchy.
Post removed:
by user
79MusicMan
Mattress Factory guy closed his store here years ago. He didn't really go "out of biz". Still in Livingston where they are based. Marshall Dillon (his first name is Dillon) went to A&M and got degree in business. Helps dad run several bizzes. They still sell mattresses and flooring in Livingston as far as I know.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.