Varsity Ford

6,006 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SBAg83
pudge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggie
AG
Couldn't pay me money to ever purchase a vehicle from or take a vehicle to get serviced at Varsity Ford.

I made the mistake of taking my truck to Varsity. Had a short in the drive shaft. Got it back and oh now I have brake problems. Took it back to Varsity and dropped more money on that..got it back and oh now there is a cut out when I drive. It runs like a go kart now and between the frustration and jut not being able financially to sink more money into the truck right now..I have not driven it for over 3 months.
luckily we have a 3rd vehicle and I have been driving that while my truck that Varsity worked on two separate occasions and charged more than enough o fix..sits in my driveway.
ksp
short in the driveshaft? The driveshaft is a round mechanical piece that spins with no electronics in it.

huh?
GSS
In 1999, after a very tedious purchase was completed (complete with outright lies by the salesman and sales mgr), I vowed to never do business with Varsity again. I did get the deal I wanted, but that was the only positive.
Dealers don't seem to mind poisoning the customer pool, as fresh meat must always be more attractive.

Oh, and the salesman sent us a Christmas business card..we had a good laugh as we threw it in the fireplace.
stbabs
AG
Piling on here but I will NEVER darken the door of Varsity Ford again.

Team in Navasota is my Ford dealer.
Bpriefert
Hate to kick when someone is down, but in this case Varsity Ford totally deserves every bit of negative criticism. Am a diehard Ford person and cannot stand them. Just seeing their name brings sick feeling to my stomach with worries that I may somehow, though highly unlikely, get in a situation to have to speak or deal with someone over there (sales or service). If possible, drive 100 miles to avoid this wretched hive of scum and villany.
wareagle044
Not used to leaving my vehicle for 4 days. I did not have a rude experience by any means, just a little slower than I am used to having to deal with. It's ready as of right now.

I'll use them again for service and routine maintenance, but I would love to see them find a way to speed up their process -- whether it a manpower or internal process issue. Volume doesn't seem to be an issue at that location as its always busy it seems. I've never been told to reschedule or come back another day before -- for now I'll just take it as it is what it is.
carpe vinum
AG
That building needs an enema. Changing owners won't change the people.
ksp
That would depend upon the lvl of customer service the new owners like to provide and having the new owners evaluate their staff and make changes accordingly if need be in their minds.

Guess we will all find out.
75AG
AG
Two weeks ago I purchased a vehicle from them. I had a rather painless experience and got a good price ( I think). I did not experience any negative things mentioned in this thread. That said, I haven't used their service department yet. That may change my mind!
SBAg83
We have used Varsity Ford for years. Usually, the time quoted was pretty close to how long it took . Occasionally, it took longer but that was rare. However, that was before the Service Manager changed. Also, the new "Quick Lane", as I understood it, was to compete with other fast oil change businesses. Vehicles needing oil changes would go there instead of into the regular service queue with all other kinds of service. However, now they intake and perform other services in the Quick Lane area which defeats the whole purpose in the first place. Now we are debating what to do in the future.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.