UberX adding College Station

17,122 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Counterpoint
nwspmp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, it was a premium brand SUV with seating for all four potentials on UberX plus us and an empty seat

If someone were left out, then yeah completely agreed. There was also a few things that normally Uber doesn't allow that were allowed before UberXL was available.
GSS
It would save taxpayers millions of $$$$ if Uber replaced the Brazos Transit System...use vouchers as needed, and riders would get better service !!
TellMeMore
How about we use UberX to transport people to their medical appointments instead of running mostly empty busses around town all day? Let those dollars go to Uber drivers instead.
AggiePirate
AG
If we could somehow also incorporate restaurant delivery services into these already running vehicles this might be a gold mine. This is my idea so don't anyone try to steal it. You saw it here first.

Edit:

There could also be a person, maybe the driver, that as they drive checks up on a list of people from various local businesses that have called in sick for the day. As they drive their normal route they can drive by the homes of these "sick" people and see if they are for real sick at home or if their car is gone or if they are playing outside. This can potentially result in increased production from people being caught out in their lies and a portion of the proceeds from this can go to the Bryan Animal Shelter. Which also reminds me that the driver could also have a net in the trunk in case there is a lost animal and they are the closest at the time of reporting. Like I said. This could really take off. We then talk about bringing in sponsors and the sky is the limit. Just think of an All In One One Stop Shop Cache 22 carnival train moving down the road that solves EVERYTHING. It could also be an army tank.

Again my idea don't forget that. But of course you would have to pay the driver more, but by that time there will be millions flowing in per car, because of all of the other services that are now streamlined but we can't let the government get control of it or it will be loaded down with bureaucracy.

Just a thought.
BurnetAg
Uber inAustin does food and errand delivery. Its quite awesome.
Post removed:
by user
Counterpoint
AG
Uber in Nashville this weekend was AMAZING. I hope it gets like that here.
Post removed:
by user
redd38
AG
Two of my Ubers in Nashville sucked. I think one of the ladies probably shouldn't be allowed to drive (vision problems). The other just wasn't good at Ubering (couldn't work the app correctly, didn't know the city well so got stuck in turn-only lanes when we wanted to go straight, etc). Those were my two worst Ubers in any city. The rest of my trips in Nashville were great though.
Ag13
AG
I took Uber 5 times this weekend in Nashville (all of which were split 3 ways), and my total was $9.79. Not bad.
Counterpoint
AG
My wife and I each had 5 free Lyft credits and 2 free Uber credits. We used up all 14 free rides, and our 14th was the ride back to the Nashville airport. Only paid for driver tips!
LostInLA07
AG
They are already expanding into that. And grocery/package delivery.
tb9665
Thought it was not UBER's policy to take tips.
redd38
AG
quote:
No.

Uber says tips aren't necessary. But tips are never necessary, that's what makes them tips and not part of the bill.

An Uber driver is an idiot if they refuse a tip.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
Uber doesn't let you tip on the app, but Lyft does. I tipped with the app on Lyft, but the free ride credits don't cover tips, even if the ride doesn't cost the entire credit amount.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.