2014 MyBCS FF league.

43,237 Views | 795 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AboveAndBeyond
AboveAndBeyond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Kats wins this week, I will shoot myself.....
LastHamlet
AG
quote:
Triple Crown. I can't seem to find your email, unless the one on espn worked....the one I sent the trade to?
Sent you an email
fcag
AG
Wow. Glad the playoffs didn't start this week, or I would be facing Watson today. One player left and he should easily break 200 points.

I've just got my fingers crossed that he overtakes Triple Crown for first place in their division. I think that's the only way I wouldn't be facing Watson next week.
eloc62
WOW, didn't expect that scoring outburst from my team this week! should have played DeAndre Hopkins. my bench scored 130 points. i just need it to continue for 2 more weeks!
eloc62
TC beat me in regular season so don't know if there is anyway i overtake him, even if we tie.
AggieAces06
AG
I actually have a chance at taking down TC this week. It will do me no good, but maybe it will help someone in the playoffs.
AboveAndBeyond
Man am I glad this season is over. Ha!
fcag
AG
quote:
TC beat me in regular season so don't know if there is anyway i overtake him, even if we tie.

Tie breaker is total points, not head to head.
eloc62
OK, 3 high scores out of 13 weeks, I'll take that. that should cover all the moves i had to make this season. at least i made the playoffs. now looking to win some cash! waiting for the final seedings.
fcag
AG
Well crud... Looks like I go up against the new buzz saw in the first round of the playoffs. Same thing happened to me last year and I just missed the money. Hopefully my two weekly high scores covered my transactions.
AboveAndBeyond
They do and I'll owe you $15.

And sorry about last season
AboveAndBeyond
I'm stopping transactions by the way. You can still do them, but I'm not charging. Good luck finding help on the wire.....

This gives me time to collect and maybe pay you guys before Christmas
eloc62
Damn, gotta go against Brady and Gronk again. last time i faced them they scored 84 between them and i got beat badly. rooting for the Charger defense to show up and play well at home!
MBAR
AG
I feel like I limped into the playoffs. At least I'm there, though. Hopefully my team doesn't stink it up.
eloc62
i know this is not FF related, but dang, i am having a hard time trying to figure out who to bet on in this weeks College Football Championship games. two very large spreads, { Oregon and Alabama}. then there's a Ohio St team that is probably better than Wisconsin, but down to their 3rd string QB, and a 4.5 underdog. lastly theres Fla. St., a 4 point favorite over Ga. Tech, who has won all their games this year, but never covers the spread. what to do... any advice?
BMoreBirds
Yeah, don't ****ing draft CJ2K.

That's my advice. Pete. Out.
AboveAndBeyond
quote:
Yeah, don't ****ing draft CJ2K.

That's my advice. Pete. Out.
AboveAndBeyond
Good luck, you 4.
AboveAndBeyond
Ugh. Going to be hard to collect add/drops. I owe $40. LaFell owes $60. Crusaders owes $20, assuming I can get in touch with him. The playoff guys owe about $200 total. Then there's the Dirty B thing....

It's been mentioned that maybe we should find a different way to add to the pool. That's up to the new commish though.
eloc62
uh, just an idea, but along with the entry fee, require everyone to put up an extra $100 dollars to cover their moves during the season. it's a lot easier to refund money than it is to collect. if you play in a money league, you expect everybody to pay the money they owe. if someone doesn't pay, that sucks. they should not be allowed in the league next yr. don't mean to sound harsh... but, if you don't want to pay what you owe, then go play in a free Yahoo FF league!
AboveAndBeyond
That may be up to you.
eloc62
prolly not. just an idea.
BMoreBirds
I'd like to say I don't think I'll be doing this again next year. Maybe I'll feel better about it after a few months but I'm pretty butt hurt right now. That said, there is a 0% chance I do it again if we still have add/drops cost money. It just isn't for me. I love making moves too much. Good luck to the playoff teams!
MBAR
AG
The combo of Colt McCoy and Jay Gruden doing their best to screw me over. How in the world does St. Louis get nearly 30 points on D. Jesus!
eloc62
" Seeing me and Julio down by the schoolyard." i know nobody gets this obscure reference from an old Paul Simon song, but Julio Jones is my last hope on Monday Night. c'mon Julio, score a TD for me! that should do it.
AboveAndBeyond
Someone refresh my memory. We only did 13 weeks of high score, right?
AboveAndBeyond
Julio.
fcag
AG
Good game Watson. I was sick to my stomach when I saw that I left 21 points on the bench due to stupid last minute waiver moves that I never should have made. Glad to see that those 21 points would not have helped me.

Now I just have to avoid the repeat 4th place performance from last year that had me just missing the money.
fcag
AG
quote:
We do a weekly high score payout, I think it's $20 unless we change it. That comes off the top and winners get 50%, 30%, 20%. So that's $1200 -
weekly payout (13 weeks * $20 = $260) + add drops.

and... AAB said he was stopping the transaction charge as of 12/2, so the transactions charges would be...

quote:
ShortBus Ryders = 13 - 5 = 8 x $5 = $40
LaFell To Last Place = (25 - 6 moves after Dec2) 19 - 5 = 14x $5 = $70
Team Bait n Switch = (12 - 2 moves after Dec2) 10 - 5 = 5 x $5= $25
Cops and Rodgers = 3 - 5 = 0 x $5 = $0
GRUDEN IS DUMB AS HELL = (14 - 2 moves after Dec2) 12 - 5 = 7x $5 = $35
Watson2nd = 14 - 5 = 9 x $5 = $45
CS Kitty Kats = 5 - 5 = 0 x $5 = $0
Triple Crown = (24 - 5 moves after Dec2) 19 - 5 = 14 x $5 = $70
Team whoopinitup = 6 - 5 = 1 x $5 = $5
Team Crusaders71167 = 9 - 5 = 4 x $5 = $20
THE Add/DropLeader = 30 - 5 = 25 x $5 = $125 (is this correct?)
Adrian Beaterson = 13 - 5 = 8 x $5 = $40

Total Transaction Pot $475

So final pot to divide between 1st(50%) , 2nd(30%), and 3rd(20%) would be $1200 - $260 + $475 = $1415

Is this correct, or did I make a mistake?
AggieAces06
AG
Can I get a refund for the two add/drops I didn't use?
AboveAndBeyond
Skimmed over it but looks right. This is assuming I can collect from everyone.....
AboveAndBeyond
Also. Add/Drop I got worked out. $20 from him and his weekly high score money goes back in the pot. So 12 weeks more or less.
Nom de Plume
AG
Nice payouts this year.
eloc62
thanks fcag. it was a good matchup. came down to the last player. you hammered me in the regular season, so it was nice to win this one. good luck this week!
MBAR
AG
My players mailed it in this week but TC had a very hgh score so it didn't really matter. 3rd place here I come! Maybe.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.