Prancing man on Wellborn

14,533 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by halibut sinclair
RunSilentRunDeep
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone else seen the guy on Wellborn near Holleman stretching and prancing around? I saw him this evening and my daughter says she saw him doing the same thing Tuesday night.

I think he thinks he is in Austin.
TexasRebel
AG
or else he is stretching...

...doing skips...

before continuing his run
glockout
He's a tradition around here....does it everyday. Goofy guy but very nice too.
SquareOne07
AG
he came into my work the other day...apparently he has Alzheimer's. Really nice guy...I think he's a runner too, said he's ran 92,000 miles in 52 years in some club he belongs to in BCS
mazag08
AG
Guy has a lot of racist and sexist jokes. Kinda creepy to a lot of the college girls.
BeenSent
AG
Heck - he was creepy 25 years ago - used to hang out in the Chicken with Texas Flag running shorts all the time....

Joe Schillaci 48
AG
He was removed from the MSC (permanently) years ago for continually sitting in the MSC on those leather couches with his ***** hanging out.

Not a pretty sight.

duffelpud
AG
Wow.
SaskAg
AG
Is he still doing those horizantal hand stands on the corner of G.B and Wellborn?
Culligan
AG
quote:
He was removed from the MSC (permanently) years ago for continually sitting in the MSC on those leather couches with his ***** hanging out.
evermoreAg
AG
He's kinda creepy to a lot of folks who aren't college girls.
mneisch
AG
quote:
Is he still doing those horizantal hand stands on the corner of G.B and Wellborn?

Saw him about a year ago doing that. Havent seen him lately though, probably will be out more now that town is busier.
Picadillo
I understand he refs for Jr High and some HS basketball games in the area. If half the above is true....this guy doesn't need to be around kids.
Tom in College Station
quote:
Mrs TiCS and I saw him doing that last month. It had been years since we had seen him. I thought maybe he had died.
songstress
If you are talking about Bart...he is great. Nice guy, just older and not creepy...unless you don't know how to relate to old people. He prances around to get ready to hand sideways off of the poles...all of you making fun of him, I challenge you to try and do it.
Nom de Plume
AG
Do you challenge us to sit in the MSC with our ***** hanging out of our shorts?

I don't think anyone is questioning his unnecessary ability to "hang" sideways from a stoplight.

[This message has been edited by Nom de Plume (edited 8/31/2009 3:56p).]
CharlieTheUnicorn
since when did the pole guy become so hated around here?

he stopped and talked to a friend of my and me one day; seemed like a really nice guy.
war hymn aggie
AG
That's probably Bart Braden. He's been at A&M since it was founded, I think.

Interesting cat, he is. My wife and I used to call him "The Cruiser" when we were at A&M in the early 80's. He liked to cruise the pool for coeds.
benMath08
AG
quote:

Did pole guy really do this, or was it someone else?
PBR
You mean this guy/

http://media.www.thebatt.com/media/storage/paper657/news/2007/10/17/News/Bart-Braden.Veteran.Runner.Pole.Climber-3037321.shtml
BlueAg2003
AG
Bart's cool as hell, talked to him when I would go vote in the MSC when I was in college.
pinkieyardbird
He's 72??? WOW!
PBR
That article is 2 years old so I guess he is 74...
kuaia
Are you talking about the Flag Man? Dude, that guy makes my day; he's super friendly. If you're lucky (and despite his age), he is able to hold himself horizontally by holding onto various street poles and such. That's why we call him flag man.
RunSilentRunDeep
Yes, that is the guy. I was just wondering what his deal was. I have never seen nor heard of him in the few years I have lived here, or the many I have visited here.

Now I know, Thanks.
farmersfight
AG
everytime we see him, he's at the pole at George Bush and Wellborn, body parallel to the earth.

he's been doing that for a long time. i think he's Sully's father...
jrw05
_____That's miller58?_____Do the math?_____?
Jack Klompus
AG
Also banned from the Student Rec Center.
Eric Draven
Notice how none of the cops are chiming in. He's a true creeper, who should probably be in prison.
mazag08
AG
I just speak from times when he would come tell jokes to people sitting around in the MSC.

All in all, he is a retired war vet. I think he demands a little more respect than some of you are showing, whether he is a creeper or not.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
nm

[This message has been edited by brazos county observer (edited 9/1/2009 12:53p).]
jdhaggie
oh the dude doesn't belong in jail, if you don't like what he says then don't listen. He's never said anything rude to me, he just does the parallel stand on poles everywhere, he's harmless.
quirkyaggie
AG
Agree with Songstress.

That guy is super nice and very approachable and is a Welborn and GB tradition. If you honk your horn he'll wave at you too. He was out all summer long. He's a happy guy and everytime I see him, no matter what kind of day I've had, he makes me laugh and I honk and he waves back.
froglady
i have run many a marathon with him. i'm pretty sure he has run as much as he says
AG
I saw him in the MSC and on campus several times last year, I think someone has some bad information about him being banned. also I don't think he has alzheimers
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.