Outdoors
Sponsored by

Pet safe weed control

519 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by aggiebrother33
aggiebrother33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Afternoon OB. I have a 4 month old GSP that eats absolutely everything, from grass/weeds/mulch etc. so I have let the weeds get a little out of hand this year in my backyard. Anyone know of a weed spray for flowerbeds/clover in St Augustine that if she were to ingest it would actually be safe. Might just be a wish list here but would appreciate some real first hand knowledge. I've read about some products like Sunday but not sure if they actually work and or safe. TIA!
harge57
AG
Personally I would not be worried about any over the counter weed spray. Just follow the directions and let it dry before you let the dog back out.

Edited to add... this thread is worthless without pics.
aggiebrother33
Even if she were to ingest a weed the following day? I typically use roundup in the flowerbeds but then barricade or other similars in the grass for clover.
AgResearch
AG
aggiebrother33 said:

Even if she were to ingest a weed the following day? I typically use roundup in the flowerbeds but then barricade or other similars in the grass for clover.

Dog frankly couldn't ingest enough grass/weeds in a single event to get sick from the herbicides.

Don't leave concentrated pesticides around where they can be ingested. That's your main risk point.

Agronomist/Weed Scientist, Ph.D.
aggiebrother33
AgResearch said:

aggiebrother33 said:

Dog frankly couldn't ingest enough grass/weeds in a single event to get sick from the herbicides.

Don't leave concentrated pesticides around where they can be ingested. That's your main risk point.

I think you underestimate how much she eats/chews daily haha… Much appreciated, all toxics are all up away from little ones and pets outside on shelves. Thanks so much for the insight
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.