Outdoors
Sponsored by

Grapples for Sale: X-post from Classifieds.

2,573 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by coolerguy12
coolerguy12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have 48", 60", 68", 72", and 78" grapples for sale. Check them out here

[url] https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3453074/replies/67283140#67283140[/url]
coolerguy12
AG
Got them all back to the house and ready to start moving some iron. Sold a 72" to a guy on Craigslist yesterday for $2200. TexAgs price is $1600.
FLC I
What size do I need for a compact 55 HP tractor?
coolerguy12
AG
You could run any of them. I have a Mahindra 2655 (55HP) and it handles them all fine. I would go for a 68" or 72" if I were keeping one for myself.

The picture with the log I estimated the log to be 1200# based on diameter and length. My tractor was struggling to keep the back wheels down but the grapple had no issues. I also had to roll the FEL all the way down so the log wasn't hanging out so far. Basically the grapple was not at its limits and the tractor was.

AgRyan04
I'm going to be honest, I was expecting something more like this and am disappointed I didn't get any ninja/James Bond type stories
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MouthBQ98
AG
Probably the most useful FEL attachment. I built one and it is on my FEL much more often than the bucket it came with.
dr_boogs
AG
Where are you located, and what size would you recommend for a JD 4044M?
coolerguy12
AG
Located between Conroe and The Woodlands but these would need an adapter plate or some major cutting and welding to fit a John Deere tractor. Not saying it can't be done, I'm going to convert a bucket I got to fit my buddy's green tractor, it just won't be a plug and play.

for a 42HP tractor I wouldn't probably stick with the 60" or 48" just to cut down on the weight being added to the FEL with the grapple. I'm not sure what the lifting capacity of your FEL is
dr_boogs
AG
Ok thanks. Appreciate the reply.
coolerguy12
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Probably the most useful FEL attachment. I built one and it is on my FEL much more often than the bucket it came with.

Agreed. My wife loves it for her compost pile. She can turn the whole thing in no time
coolerguy12
AG
Here's my 5 year old son cleaning up the hay from around our feeder. Sure would like to not will all these grapples to him.

jagsdad
How big a deal would it be to put one on a 555D ford BHL?
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
coolerguy12 said:

Here's my 5 year old son cleaning up the hay from around our feeder. Sure would like to not will all these grapples to him.

Cat299D3 will hook right up to it without changing anything out at all? It's a 100 hp machine, could I get away with a 78" grapple?

If I can figure out a time to go see a friend in Conroe I'm going to pick one up from you.
coolerguy12
AG
It will hook up exactly as is and it won't even know the 78" is there.

Where are you coming from? No current travel plans but if I wind up near you we can figure something out.
coolerguy12
AG
jagsdad said:

How big a deal would it be to put one on a 555D ford BHL?

Assuming you have pin connections (this a new term for me as I have never dealt with BHLs) it looks fairly involved and requires cutting and welding your current connection which would make your bucket unusable unless you add a skid steer quick attach plate on it.

[url] https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/threads/another-pin-on-to-ssqa-conversion.349748/[/url]

I haven't seen where you can buy an adapter plate to easily go back and forth but I have to imagine it's out there, I just don't know the terms to search for.

Edit: here is an adapter plate. It's not cheap. I also have idea what you would have to do for hydraulics.

[url] https://www.wrlonginc.com/apum[/url]
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
East of San Angelo about 20 miles.
coolerguy12
AG
I'm heading to Midland/Odessa in a couple weeks but unfortunately I'm flying which is of no use to you.
coolerguy12
AG
I bought a SSQA bucket at the auction for my buddy with a John Deere tractor. Was able to cut it up and weld on a couple fittings to get it to connect to his John Deere. I would be willing to do this on a grapple for a John Deere but would need about $400 extra. It was a crap ton of cutting and welding plus the cost of the adapter plates. I'm not a professional welder by any means but it will hold.

coolerguy12
AG
Bump
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.