Outdoors
Sponsored by

Glock, Springfield, or Sig Sauer?

5,553 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BigHead 04
BenderRodriguez
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bert315 said:

For home defense a shotgun is probably best.

3rd best option, at best.

Psych
AG
Sig P320.

Best. Gun. Ever.
Aggie Infantry
AG
SIG 229

2ndChanceAg96
AG
Sig of course.

P938 here!!

'03ag
BenderRodriguez said:

Bert315 said:

curious how you would rank them. I prefer a semi auto carbine #1, would you take a pistol over a good HD shotgun?
BenderRodriguez
AG
'03ag said:

BenderRodriguez said:

Bert315 said:

curious how you would rank them. I prefer a semi auto carbine #1, would you take a pistol over a good HD shotgun?

Absolutely. Rifle>>>>Pistol>>Semi auto shotgun>arm flailing shotgun

Can any of them serve in the role? Yeah of course. But shotguns are not the best option, at all.
1990AG
AG
not wild about hammerless Semi's....just bought the FNH FNX 9MM and really like it
Tylerjo97
AG
I got a Sig 226 & Glock 23. Can't go wrong with either.
KY AG
AG
Aggie Infantry said:

SIG 229

Finest pistol ever made. I have a 229 SAS and I shoot lights-out with it.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Whats the difference between the glock 19 gen 3 and gen 4 beside the mag release? Champion has the gen 4 for 540 and academy has the gen 3 for 499.99 I'm pretty sure
FIDO*98*
AG
Grip texture is a little different, but, the big thing is the modular back strap system. The biggest complaint you'll see about Glock is that the grip doesn't work for some people. The adjustable grip may help some people hold a Glock more comfortably. The last difference has to do with recoil, but, it's more applicable to .40 cal so probably not a big deal on the 19. I've got a Gen 3 and am perfectly happy with it. I may end up selling my Sig p229 and get a second G19 and I'd probably go with a Gen 4 just to have one of each. Nothing wrong with the p229, but, it's not as versatile as the G19.
CharlieBrown17
AG
preciate it. I'll have to go see how the gen 3 feels in my hand, but I assume the gen 4s I've handled had the normal backstrap on and they fit well.
SickAG02
AG
Another vote for the Glock 19. It's every bit as accurate as the others you've mentioned and way more versatile IMO. For home defense, slap the Glock 33 round mag in it and a big honking light on the rail. It'll take the 15 round Standard Glock 19 mags (3 come with it), 17 round Glock 17 mags, and the aforementioned 33 rounder (designed for the Glock 18 full auto). Once you're comfortable with it, it's a fantastic conceal carry gun. Short enough to go inside the waistband (IWB) and you're rocking 15+1 concealed. I carry it every day in a CrossBreed Super Tuck Holster, then it rests close by at night with the 33 rounder and a SureFire 300 Ultra light on it. Luckily, it's only had to see action against a trespassing armadillo who was violently tilling up the front flower beds.
Hoss
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Whats the difference between the glock 19 gen 3 and gen 4 beside the mag release? Champion has the gen 4 for 540 and academy has the gen 3 for 499.99 I'm pretty sure

Grip texture, mag release and recoil spring are main differences. Also, the 4th gen guns have multiple backstrap options so you can adjust the grip to fit your hand better. I have both 3rd Gen and 4th Gen Glocks. For concealed carry I actually prefer 3rd Gen because the texture isn't as rough against my delicate skin.
AgLiving06
howdydamnit04 said:

Athena at I10 and the Beltway has all those for rental. Very nice range.

Ended up heading there yesterday.

Shot a Sig 229 and M&P 9.

Of the two, the Sig was my preference by the end.

Now to go back in a couple weeks and shoot a Glock 19 vs Sig 320.

Then I may be about ready to buy after that.
BigHead 04
AG
I'm interested in a p320 myself. Looking at the compact .40. Anybody have experience with one? I know you can't go wrong with a sig but any first hand advice? TIA
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mts6175
AG
BigHead 04 said:

I'm interested in a p320 myself. Looking at the compact .40. Anybody have experience with one? I know you can't go wrong with a sig but any first hand advice? TIA
Just put my hands on one yesterday. It's my next buy (was in Eye Guy's shop yesterday talking to him about them in fact). It just flat out feels right in the hand.
BigHead 04
AG
Good to hear. I've been watching prices on slickguns just looking for the best deal. Given the current climate I may not wait much longer.

You look at 9 or 40?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mts6175
AG

Talk to Eye Guy, he's got the best price on them if you're in Houston. Shipping and FFL may change that if you're somewhere else.

Looking at the 9 in the compact version. Wanting something similar in size to a Glock 19 that's not a Glock 19. Also looking at a new full size 45 and may go the 320 route on it as well.
SeattleAgJr
I know I will be mocked but my concealed carry is a Bulgarian Makarov.
BigHead 04
AG
Yup shipping and FFL are the problem. Been wanting to check out his shop for a while, but haven't had a reason to be in Houston in a while
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.