Outdoors
Sponsored by

Which to purchase? Ar15 or handgun

6,253 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 26.2
highvelocity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggie4231 said:

Alright, need the OB's help. Still reading through Benders' AR thread.

Purchased a complete PSA lower at the SA gun show. Yes, I could've just purchased a stripped lower and done a complete build, or gone to Academy and bought a complete AR, but I at least can have some control on what I want (cause I'm unsure right now). Mainly bought in advance of the election.

Ok for the help.

Suggestions on uppers, barrels, handguard, etc. I'm not big on having a bunch of stuff hanging off the front.
I'd like to stick to
5.56/.223.
Standard length barrel, nothing to expensive.
Not sure on gas tube length.
I have magpul sights from another project.
watch psa's website. i'm willing to bet they throw up complete uppers with BCG and charge handle this week. i have one of their lowers on the way as well.
Naveronski
AG
16" (so you can easily change muzzle device when you find one you want)
Mid length gas system (less recoil impulse)
5.56 or .223 wylde, 5.56 is more common.
1:7 twist
aggie4231
AG
Alright, have the complete lower. The PSA upper was ordered this morning. Have some Pmags on their way. Have 450 rounds, looking to buy more.

Anything else needed? Do i need any takedown pins or anything else to join the upper and lower?
Shiner Bock
AG
charging handle and bolt carrier group included in the upper?
The takedown pins should have been included in your complete lower. You didn't mention flip up sights, a red dot, or glass.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.