Outdoors
Sponsored by

Where are the dove?

5,489 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Na Zdraví 87
Slicer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dad went back Sunday afternoon/evening and got 1 bird.

They were thick Friday morning, scant but present Saturday, moved well Sunday morning, and vanished Sunday afternoon.
gillom
AG
We didn't have many near Talpa opening weekend... things change?
EFE
AG
Dad had hunters Thursday and Friday that were all done in 45min. I only had time to hunt Sunday and it was a bit disappointing for myself and the new gf after hearing that and getting skunked.
Slicer97
AG
I could've been done that quick Friday if my shooting wasn't so streaky. First box of shells, I had 4 birds. 15 shells later, I had my limit. Saturday, I could've hit everything I shot at and not had a limit.
MarkPro
I am bumping this thread because, I have still only shot 2 dove in the last 4 trips. Went this past friday in Brazos county on a beautiful morning. Set up the Mojos before sun up, and was eagerly anticipating seeing some birds due to the front that came in on Thursday. Well all I saw was a beautiful sunrise, and heard a cow that I thought might be calving in the next pasture. I almost went over there to investigate, because I thought this cow was in distress, or getting eaten by a coyote! Man what a racket. Needless to say, I didn't see a dove one. I'm convinced there isn't a dove in a rural area in Texas. Played golf last week at the campus course, and could have shot a limit in about an hour. City birds everywhere! I'm frustrated, but would rather spend a couple hours with no phone, enjoying the outdoors, then being at work. Oh well, I'll try it again next weekend.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Cadet05 said:

Any luck in the beeville area? Heading out Thursday.
not hearing about anyone getting any. i live in town. i noticed 2 dove last week.
GSS
Agreed, the dove numbers in parts of (or all) Brazos and Burleson counties are still very low. This evening two of us were in western Brazos county, close to the Brazos River. Two doves seen in an hour, then a group of 10-12 flew by (woo-hoo!)....then nothing..... then a pair of whitewings came by.
Shots fired : Zero.

Last dove killed was on the Saturday after the opener. Last year was bad, this year even worse.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
Larry S Ross
AG
Went out by Waller Friday evening. Nothing.
skins74
AG
Limited two days near Coleman two weeks ago.
AV8ORAG84
AG
ARGENTINA,, just got back from Crdoba, there were a few million flying around. Only shot 2000 on first day. Great trip , if you ever get a chance to go.......Go!
Kenneth_2003
AG
Heading to Santa Fe sometime next September!
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Haven't seen any in central Bastrop county. Haven't pulled my shotgun out of the safe yet.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.