Outdoors
Sponsored by

Best way to suppress a 10/22?

3,097 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by WestUAg85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've got a SilencerCo Sparrow in jail with EyeGuy. I'd like to host it on a Ruger 10/22 and sometimes a pistol too. So what's the best way to attach to a 10/22? Can I just get the barrel threaded? Or should I buy an aftermarket barrel that's already threaded? Any recommendations?
EastTexasAg1994
AG
I would get an aftermarket threaded barrel. They are cheap and easy to change out. It will cost you around $100 to get a barrel threaded and you can buy a new threaded barrel for the same price.
Mr. Dubi
the best way
Caladan
I would much agree w/the SB-X barrel. They are surprisingly accurate. The do need a bit of hand-fitting, but that only takes just a few minutes.

Any company that does a good job of threading barrels will most likely have a very long wait period. Buying a new barrel will of course eliminate the wait period.
Duncan Idaho
Why just use sub sonic rounds?
AggieGunslinger
AG
I have a Kidd barrel that I really like. That being said the one Dubi mentioned is going on the gun when I put the magpul stock on.
schmellba99
AG
quote:

Subsonic rounds still make noise when they are unsupressed.
Mr. Dubi
quote:
Standard velocity rounds are subsonic and more reliable in semiauto's than those marketed as subsonic.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Potatoe
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:
Standard velocity rounds are subsonic and more reliable in semiauto's than those marketed as subsonic.

Not all standard velocity are subs. Check the box and keep the velocity to inder 1050. I have had excellent lick with Remington subs and most match ammo is subsonoc as well.
87IE
AG
quote:
I've got a SilencerCo Sparrow in jail with EyeGuy. I'd like to host it on a Ruger 10/22 and sometimes a pistol too. So what's the best way to attach to a 10/22? Can I just get the barrel threaded? Or should I buy an aftermarket barrel that's already threaded? Any recommendations?
You are faced with a situation where the answer is ANOTHER GUN
cuz-i-can
AG
quote:
quote:
You are faced with a situation where the answer is ANOTHER GUN
I agree...

EastTexasAg1994
AG
So here is a little more help....

You could buy another ruger 10/22 threaded for around $265 like this one

http://www.championfirearms.com/Ruger-10-22-Tactical-w-Flash-Hider-22LR-p/1261.htm

or get one of these for $99 and shipping (the one I linked is factory taper)

http://www.tacticalinc.com/tactical-innovations-116-blue-threaded-replacement-1022-barrel-p-534.html

cuz-i-can
AG
The Gemtech Mist is actually an integrated suppressor/ barrel replacement not a new gun but it might as well be for the price.
Sailor
Send your existing barrel to this guy:

JG Grips & Machine

He will cut, reset the existing iron sites, thread and crown. I've done a couple through him and it's been nothing but excellent. Check his reviews - always excellent. takes about a month.
JSKolache
AG
quote:
Potatoe
I was gonna say oil filter
schmellba99
AG
I have a Tactical Solutions barrel. Factory threaded, pretty solid on the accuracy. Not as accurate as the Green Mountain match barrel it replaced, but a hell of a lot lighter and the threads are why I bought it anyway.
Terk
AG
quote:
quote:
Potatoe
I was gonna say oil filter

I believe that the correct BS term is "solvent trap"

Canyon99
Do I have to have Takedown for the X Ring SB-X barrel or can I use a standard model 10/22?
WestUAg85
AG
Thompson Machine in FL. Full barrel supressor. Not sure how much $.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.