Outdoors
Sponsored by

All my friends are having babies and I make poor decisions

20,046 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Sean98
Sean98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Charlie?!

We've got species-confused Duck

And gender confused Fred.

I expected something along the lines of Godzilla, Robotech, Mothra, Sasquatch, Mokele-mbembe, or some other mythical creature to keep the streak alive.
Here's all I really knew of Kansas "history" growing up as a child in Texas.

...Kansans, particularly law enforcement (in the 1860s-80s) were all A-holes. they hated Texans, screwed them on prices, liked to thump well behaved Texas cowboys on the head with pistol butts and throw them in jail for letting off a little steam after a cattle drive.

Well, I researched (not at all thoroughly) the town where this pup was born and found that the last of the "bad" law enforcement officers were thrown out of office after a shooting, and the town selected a new marshal. The old, crooked marshal came back to town to raise a little hell and new "good-guy" Marshal shot him dead in the street.

Good-Guy Marshal's name was J.C. "Charlie" Brown.

So little dude's name is Charlie. ...and he's brown (sort of. Heavy liver colored).
Cole97
AG
Good reasoning. I love when the name has a reason.
Sean98
AG
quote:
Good reasoning. I love when the name has a reason.
Agreed. My dogs may have some weird names but there is rationale behind every one of them.
Aggiehunter34
S
quote:
quote:
At first glance, it looks like you're pissing on your dog.
Oh, how I wish that wasn't an actual problem. He chases things that move included streams of liquid.

...but in this particular case, that is not what is happening.
I know this feeling. We just got a beautiful golden retriever puppy and we didn't have him a week before I learned that I have to distract him before I pee off the back porch. That was not fun bathing that little rascal after he decided to investigate the stream. He is now a little over 3 months and jumped in a tub full of water a couple days ago. He was slapping at the bubbles and enjoying himself. Wife was not happy. I get so frustrated with our little guy Murphy, but I cant stay mad at him long.
sunchaser
AG
I would have opted for "Seaman." It has a nice ring to it and honors the sheriff shot out in front of the Lizzie Ballroom.

....of course "Lizzie" isn't all that bad and it keeps with your no matter what gender name crap.

On the other hand Johnson shot Seaman and the name "Johnson" ought to make a dog stick out his chest proud.

It's true Charlie shot Happy Jack. Once again there is nothing wrong with "Happy Jack."

I guess Charlie is just glad he/she isn't "Ellsworth."
giddings_ag_06
AG
quote:
quote:
Charlie?!

We've got species-confused Duck

And gender confused Fred.

I expected something along the lines of Godzilla, Robotech, Mothra, Sasquatch, Mokele-mbembe, or some other mythical creature to keep the streak alive.
Here's all I really knew of Kansas "history" growing up as a child in Texas.

...Kansans, particularly law enforcement (in the 1860s-80s) were all A-holes. they hated Texans, screwed them on prices, liked to thump well behaved Texas cowboys on the head with pistol butts and throw them in jail for letting off a little steam after a cattle drive.

Well, I researched (not at all thoroughly) the town where this pup was born and found that the last of the "bad" law enforcement officers were thrown out of office after a shooting, and the town selected a new marshal. The old, crooked marshal came back to town to raise a little hell and new "good-guy" Marshal shot him dead in the street.

Good-Guy Marshal's name was J.C. "Charlie" Brown.

So little dude's name is Charlie. ...and he's brown (sort of. Heavy liver colored).

Well since they have to be named Kansas-themed names, why didn't you go for Toto or Dorothy?
Sean98
AG
Thoughts and prayers for Puppy Charlie... he is soon to disappear I am sure for he has ridden within the belly of the beast and they know his internal thoughts.

#DossHappens

Sean98
AG
Well, my boy is 6 months old now and has reached 60 pounds. He's exactly half way between Duck and Fred now. A pretty good size if he would just settle in right there.

He's eating the walls in my house but he's learning a little patience outside finally. ...he may have a little promise if we can put him in front of some actual birds.

With any luck by the time he is 10 months old he will have the opportunity to get a whiff of dove, prairie chickens, ruffed grouse, woodcock, pheasants, sharptails, bobwhite, Gambel's, blues, and Mearn's quail.

Could be a pretty good year if things go right.
ursusguy
AG
So, you actually feed this one?
Sean98
AG
Oh he eats all right. I may not be able to afford to keep them all much longer with the food bill I'm paying.
Poeag
AG
quote:
Oh he eats all right. I may not be able to afford to keep them all much longer with the food bill I'm paying.
It's still probably cheaper than a wife
rather be fishing
AG
He's a pretty dog.
Sean98
AG
Waaaaaayyy cheaper.
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
Waaaaaayyy cheaper.
How would YOU know? Or, are you just being agreeable?
sunchaser
AG
quote:
Waaaaaayyy cheaper.

You can marry more in a minute than you can make in a lifetime.
Sean98
AG
You can watch and learn from the mistakes others make. If a friend reaches out and touches a hot grill and burns himself you can see the results. You don't need to touch it yourself to confirm.

...sun, you send one of those oil patch divorcees my way and I'll happily live on someone elses half-fortune.
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
quote:
Waaaaaayyy cheaper.

One can spend more in a minute than you can make in a lifetime.
Fify
Sean98
AG
Things are progressing!! I'm sure, like any rookie season, that this will be tiny moments of success surrounded by huge oceans of Fail, but I'm really looking forward to this. In a week this kid will be in a dove field for the first time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.