Develop Small Mobile App

689 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by CapCity12thMan
spursfan80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thought I would give it a shot here. I need a small mobile app developed for a local (College Station) business. Not many bells and whistles, just a simple app where we can push notifications to users. If anyone has any knowledge (or know someone) feel free to reach out (yegua22 at gmail dot com) and I can provide more details.

Thanks
Jeremy
Koko Chingo
AG
A little more info is needed. If you want this to operate outside of your own locally hosted network, it can get a bit more involved than you may be thinking about.

If this is going to be used by customers, and/or have any purchasing or ecommerce; I would recommend using an established mid-size or larger company to make an app. The app may be simple; however, security and hosting services can ramp things up quickly.

The reason is support. Think about how many times an app on your phone gets updated for 'bug fixes'. That means at least someone is having issues because of software. You don't want to field software questions from customers.

If you just need something that is only operated by one or two people, and it falls into an 'IoT' category where something commercially available may already exists? There are companies that have an 'App Builder' or make small scale custom apps on the IoT backbones of established services.

By using an established IoT service, you are more likely stay updated.

A lot of this stuff has become a lot more specialized which can be good and bad. If you are looking for something in a specific industry there is probably a provider that has something off the shelf, it could be industrial or machine control, ecommerce and ordering, sales, oil & gas, ag, etc..

n_touch
Email sent
spursfan80
Thanks for the info.

We aren't needing any in-app purchasing or e-commerce, just a way to communicate with those that have downloaded the app (members in a club). Hopefully that reduces the complexity.

Ive looked into some of the build your own services, but I believe someone with more knowledge in this area could probably do what was needed much quicker (and better) that I could at this time.
CapCity12thMan
AG
why do you need to develop and not just use something already out there
spursfan80
I'd be happy to, but i haven't been able to find one that works.
CapCity12thMan
AG
something like Remind wouldn't work?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.