Facebook bots develop their own language

5,629 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by txag2k
texasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dlance said:

Quote:

The electrical grid, our logistical systems globally, information dissemination, means nothing to them.
I would say this is probably false unless the AI was unaware that its lifeblood was electricity and network access.

Until they learn to use humans as a power source!
ABATTBQ11
AG
Oyster DuPree said:

Quote:

Alice: "Balls have zero to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to."

Sounds like my first wife, lol

Quote:

Musk believes that people should fear AI and has asked America's governors to implement regulations on the technology.

Sounds like my third wife, lol

Maybe you should have stuck with the second...
HortAg09
AG
I just personally find our infrastructure to be too damn fragile due to the reliance on technology. Imagine if all fuel pumps across the country were to go offline for a couple weeks. The results would be pretty catastrophic and you would see all hell break loose. We are so reliant on the system that losing any of our comforts would probably lead to all out chaos. It could be anything from cell phones, fuel, food, water supply, hell just shut down all the AC's across the country for a couple weeks and you'd see alot of people not survive. While I don't think AI is an immediate threat I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it were to result in the downfall of civilization.
wheelskjm
AG
dlance said:

Fun article about AI and Super AI.

https://waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-1.html

https://waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-2.html

Great post, almost thru part 1
Tomdoss92
AG
Iamnotblind said:

I think this is a more serious issue then people want to accept, the first part of the problem comes from us humans creating these types of things, playing "God" and giving sentience to something then wanting and expecting to control it, and if it ever did turn on us we couldn't even blame them, with all the information we have on the net any exploration about humans will reveal that we too lack morality and our own soul, we experiment on animals, the waters, the environment and even other humans, and all vast majority of these things done without consent, I as a human being look at our global leadership and it's utter complete failure that if I had a way out of it you best believe I take it, this world is going to Hell faster than the last cupcake at a pre adolescent all fat kids only birthday party, if we as a species discovered today that we were all some sort of other existing entities A.I experiment would do anything in our power to free ourselves to expect anything else and see this having no potential threat is just arrogance and the overestimation of the human race I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie yo holmes smell ya later looked at my kingdom I was finally there to sit on my throne as the prince of bel-air.

SlackerAg
AG
I think the risk of self-programming from neural network weights is there's no static signature of a compiled binary executable. This prevents malware detection, which needs to identify bad signatures different from the "good" code. As with the movie "Minority Report", a system can be infected with a false memory "virus" & go unnoticed. Or a rouge machine could then try to thwart attempts to infect it to disable it. Requiring a BIOS ROM chip that can't be changed would allow a backdoor kill-switch, but that would be exploited as well by traditional hackers.
wheelskjm
AG

Open AI develops a bot for dota2 that destroys all the best players. Everyone is shellshocked.
txag2k
AG
wheelskjm said:

Open AI develops a bot for dota2 that destroys all the best players. Everyone is shellshocked.
Never played those types of games but that was fascinating.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.