Need some help with sound quality in living room

754 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FatZilla
Line Ate Member
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am trying to decide what the best course of action will be for my sound issue. I am trying to determine if I should get surround sound set up in the room or go with a sound bar. The owners before us had surround sound in the room, but I am not sure if that would be needed or not. We watch movies, TV and I play some Xbox 1 on it right now.

Some movies can crank out the sound where as others we have to almost put it at 60 to get decent sound quality from our TV. We have a pretty large room where the sound can go all over the place and wanted to see if anyone has dealt with this before.

tl;dr: sound bar or surround sound for living room?
Garrelli 5000
AG
If already wired for surround, budget isn't extremely limited, and your wife doesn't mind the extra speakers, go surround all day and twice on Sunday.
FatZilla
AG
Wireless surround sound systems with a Bar in the front work extremely well and are pretty cheap too.

I run one like this in my living room. Fits perfect for the 60" tv and the entertainment center its on.
https://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-S5451w-C2-Channel-Subwoofer-Surrounds/dp/B00GSJROBA/
(Amazon warehouse deals has special for extra 15% off at checkout, makes the "used" one, which just slight cosmetic dmg on it, come to the low $200's total shipped.)

Basically the bar is wired to the TV/Sat/Cable system and it sends wireless sound to the sub woofer you have in the back of the room. The sub woofer is plugged into the wall outlet and has 2 wires running to the satellite speakers. This gives you no main wire running through your living room.
The sound quality is great and when turned up, it will shake the walls of the living room.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.