***** Madden NFL 17 *****

3,274 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Geralt of Rivia
kill0509
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got my copy already that I preordered in the mail today! Downloading the update and such right now. Anyone else picking it up this year? I'm on PS4.
Mr. Timid
Did you order from amazon? Mine didn't even ship until 1 am this morning.
Guitarsoup
AG
Mine shipped from Amazon today. Get tomorrow by 8pm.

Looking forward to piloting Johnny's great comeback as QB of the Broncos.
kill0509
AG
Ordered from Best Buy.
kill0509
AG
Very initial impressions thus far just from playing Madden Ultimate Team last night, wow, the running game is a lot of fun! It seems to be very momentum based thus far which has been pretty cool! Haven't really started up a dynasty yet to see the changes made there just yet.
k20dub
AG
Every year, I tell myself I'm not going to buy it then every year, I end up buying it. Curious how different it is to 16.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Ordered it from amazon and should be delivered sometime today. Can't wait to try it out and see how it plays versus last years
Mr. Timid
Do they have an updated roster already?
kill0509
AG
As soon as I started the game the first time, it had me download a roster update right then in the start menu.
kill0509
AG
I didn't play Madden 16 so I can't speak for the differences between those versions. I have the one with Richard Sherman on the cover, Madden 15 maybe? Sorry, at work right now so just working off of memory. Big differences thus far between the versions I have! I miss playing the NCAA games and so I preordered with Best Buy's Gamers Club Unlocked and a $10 gift certificate from a previous purchase. Kinda hard to say no to a $40 game shipped to your house that's a new release. Maybe this will suffice for my football fix! We used to have several dynasties going online and so I've been wanting to check out the franchise changes for Madden.
Guitarsoup
AG
I've had every edition of Madden since SNES. Wish I had kept all the old games. I used to trade them in for new games.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
What I wouldn't do for a new NCAA football game.
kill0509
AG
Tell me about it!! You're talking to the guy that used to keep excel spreadsheets on my recruits to see how well they developed. If I had a 5* sophmore on campus that had back to back years where his overall rating only went up 3 points, see ya! I'll keep the 4* kid who just stepped on campus. The online dynasties were what I missed the most, especially the recruiting! Nothing like playing your buddy and trotting out that 5* QB you both were battling iver!
k20dub
AG
And the worst part is that they couldn't have waited one more year. Then at least we would've had one for the Xbox One or PS4.
Guitarsoup
AG
Last one features Johnny in all his Heisman glory, though
Tomdoss92
AG
quote:
He'll always have that at least.
k20dub
AG
quote:

True. Although then you could argue he definitely would've been on the cover of the next one. Well, until all the off field stuff happened.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
How's everyone feeling about the game? I like the changes
kill0509
AG
Thus far I like it! The biggest frustration I've had really is the AI will perform a move for you in the running game when you play on Rookie or Pro difficulty. I started on Pro to try and get back in the swing of things since I hadn't played in almost 2 years. Yeah, I don't always agree with what the computer thinks is a correct move at the time. Little frustrating, but I don't think that it does this on the All-Pro or All-Madden difficulties so it's a minor complaint right now.

Started a franchise mode last night and spent like 3 hours trading players with the AI. Holy cow the broncos don't want to give up Von or even one of their corners! Jeez! At one point I offered up Dez Bryant(never really been a fan of his) and two top 4 first round draft picks for Von and they still wouldn't bite!
Guitarsoup
AG
Do all your trades before starting the franchise. I pretty much made an All-Aggie Broncos team.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Yeah if you do all the trading before starting the franchise mode it's super easy.
cr0wbar
AG
yikes- I just spent 1.5 hours last night understanding how to differentiate between Cover 1, 2, 3 and 4 and what routes to use against those coverages. I haven't played a Madden probably since 10 - so this is all very new to me.
Tomdoss92
AG
quote:
yikes- I just spent 1.5 hours last night understanding how to differentiate between Cover 1, 2, 3 and 4 and what routes to use against those coverages. I haven't played a Madden probably since 10 - so this is all very new to me.
we should play online ranked like tons until you get the hang of it
kill0509
AG
What changes the trading if you start the season and try to work some deals then?
kill0509
AG
Join the club, man! Guess this is what happens when we change over to Madden from NCAA! I think you and I had an NCAA dynasty before with some other Ags, right? Well, moving to Madden is part of it, then that whole jump from the PS3 to the PS4...
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
What changes the trading if you start the season and try to work some deals then?
Before you start the franchise, you can make any trade or change any player however you want.

For instance, I signed Johnny to the Broncos and moved his alcohol slider to 0. That brought his awareness up to 75.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Takes some getting used to but I like it. Did anyone notice Jamiel showers made ano appearance during the intro video to dynasty?
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
Takes some getting used to but I like it. Did anyone notice Jamiel showers made ano appearance during the intro video to dynasty?
Maybe I should pick him up as third string behind Jerrod Johnson.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
If you need help figuring who to build your team with, here's some help: http://www.espn.com/nfl/college/_/letter/t
investorAg83
AG
quote:
Join the club, man! Guess this is what happens when we change over to Madden from NCAA! I think you and I had an NCAA dynasty before with some other Ags, right? Well, moving to Madden is part of it, then that whole jump from the PS3 to the PS4...

I was in on that dynasty too. Just picked Madden up for the first time since college. Little different but getting the hang of it.

Looks pretty incredible and the broadcast commentary is light years ahead of where they were before.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Good options/sliders setup for most realistic experience:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/887534-armor-swords-madden-17-custom-all-pro-simulation-style-sliders.html

edit: wrong link
kill0509
AG
What was your PSN handle?! I might still have you on my friends list! Sorry, i'm terrible on remembering the different combinations of PSN to TexAgs user names.
investorAg83
AG
Ivi3n4c3
kill0509
AG
Still have you on the friends list! Which league were you in? I'm pretty decent at remembering the teams we had, just not always who was coaching them. For some reason I want to say Cr0wbar was Cincinnati in the one i'm thinking of. It was a while back so I could totally be wrong.
investorAg83
AG
I have no clue which team I was...lol. It was a LONG time ago.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.