RDR Coming to XB1!!!!! ****ing Friday!!!!!! =O !!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!!

11,047 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Wildmen03
Bryan98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Many different modes. Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, CTF, Assault and Defend, co-op, Free Roam...

I played with some folks from Reddit tonight.
HossAg
AG
Well after that crazy astros game finish, I'm ready to play if anyone is on.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Could not get into a multiplayer game with my friends last night. Very bumbed.
Bryan98
AG
Why not?

Edit: Also, what's your GT?
Bryan98
AG
FYI you're going to want to have people on your 360 Friends list to invite them to RDR games. People seem to be forming chat parties on their XB1s, but you can't invite to game from the XB1 system. Once you're loaded into RDR, you hit start and select at the same time to bring up the 360 menu.

Also, if you can't get multiplayer to load, you probably didn't read the Reddit link I posted. Long story short, you need to load single player first, then switch to a multiplayer Private Lobby to invite your people. From there you can play together and visit the Outfitter. If you want to go to a Public game then, good luck finding one that isn't infected - but only Public grants XP to raise your levels.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I did the single to multiplayer but it just sat at a load menu every time. I'll try again.
Bryan98
AG
You tried single to public, didn't you?
hph6203
AG
Really impressed with the quality of the Xbox One emulator, thought it would be a crappy implementation like the Wii on Wii U.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Really impressed with the quality of the Xbox One emulator, thought it would be a crappy implementation like the Wii on Wii U.

The WiiU has Wii hardware inside of it. You shouldn't be able to tell a difference. I can't.
gougler08
AG
Is this worth getting for the single player mode? Never played it back on 360 and looking for a good single player to play through
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
Is this worth getting for the single player mode? Never played it back on 360 and looking for a good single player to play through

This is one of the best stories I've played. Just remember though. It's a Rockstar game so there's cursing a nudity. But the whole story is very long so you'll have an endless amount of time.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:

Yup!
gougler08
AG
quote:
quote:

This is one of the best stories I've played. Just remember though. It's a Rockstar game so there's cursing a nudity. But the whole story is very long so you'll have an endless amount of time.

Sold
Bryan98
AG
quote:
quote:

THE BEST story in a video game, ever.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
quote:

Yup!

You understand I'm asking that because it's the wrong way to do it, right?
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Yup!!!

Got in last night and got destroyed in Undead Overrun until the 4th try when we made it 6 minutes. Just myself and one other person. May need to roll with 4 next time.

Agmaniacmike12
I'll be slowly working through the story. Hit me up if ya'll want to get a multiplayer group together.

GT: Agmaniacmike
hph6203
AG
quote:
quote:

The WiiU has Wii hardware inside of it. You shouldn't be able to tell a difference. I can't.

At least when it launched you had to load up Wii Mode and then load the game, which is a piss poor way of doing backwards compatibility even if it does perfectly mirror the original experience of the game once it's loaded. I know they've fixed that at least for some titles, but it's been forever since I turned on the Wii U.
Bryan98
AG
This is the last day of the Xbox Live sale; if you haven't already picked up the free DLC for Red Dead Redemption, I'm not certain it will all still be free tomorrow.

And get that $7.50 Red Dead Redemption if you haven't already!
Bregxit
AG
quote:
This is the last day of the Xbox Live sale; if you haven't already picked up the free DLC for Red Dead Redemption, I'm not certain it will all still be free tomorrow.

I think the $7.50 thing is gone. Just cost me $29.99 even though I have Gold. I did get all the free DLC packs though. I went ahead and bought the $9.99 whatever expansion also.

I've always wanted to play this. Now I get a chance!
TresPuertas
AG
My favorite game of all time.

Can't believe they haven't released a sequel
Bryan98
AG
quote:
quote:

I think the $7.50 thing is gone. Just cost me $29.99 even though I have Gold. I did get all the free DLC packs though. I went ahead and bought the $9.99 whatever expansion also.

I've always wanted to play this. Now I get a chance!
Last day of the sale was yesterday, I'm afraid.

The game still looks great, even by current standards! I long for a sequel, and I'm certain one is forthcoming - but what year, it's impossible to say when it hasn't even been announced.
BradC34
AG
quote:
We're moving and I'll get a giant-ass TV to myself all weekend. This is an excellent weekend for this to happen.
I was wrong. I spent the entire weekend moving ****. Aside from a 1-hour window that allowed me to install the game Saturday morning, I didn't touch it again until last night.

Fun game though. Never really got into the multiplayer before but I enjoyed the modes we played last night.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
quote:
We're moving and I'll get a giant-ass TV to myself all weekend. This is an excellent weekend for this to happen.
I was wrong. I spent the entire weekend moving ****. Aside from a 1-hour window that allowed me to install the game Saturday morning, I didn't touch it again until last night.

Fun game though. Never really got into the multiplayer before but I enjoyed the modes we played last night.
Are you Brad?
BradC34
AG
Yep
Bryan98
AG
My friends and I are going to meet up again THURSDAY at 8pm Central if anyone is interested. Last night we did some impromptu Free Roam where we took out some gangs and then played a few free-for-all modes like deathmatch and Grab the Bag (or whatever it was called).

I'm definitely looking forward to playing Stronghold, a team game of attackers vs defenders - a lot like Rush from Battlefield, but with just one point being fought over at a time.

Please let me know if you want to join us and post your gamertag. The process for getting a game is slightly more involved since the game is a 360 game. I'll outline it here:

1) Make sure the game is installed to your hard drive, along with all five pieces of free multiplayer DLC. Even if you own the disc, it gets downloaded and installed to your hard drive. This can take some time, so do it beforehand.

2) Make sure at least some of the organizers are on your XB1 friends list AND your 360 friends list! They are not the same. I'm Fedaykin98. TheWalt2 is another good Ag you might want to friend. You can use the Xbox 360 Smartglass app for this (different from the Xbox Smartglass app), or do it when your XB1 is in 360 mode, like when you're inside RDR. To bring up the 360 menu when you're in RDR, hit Start and Select at the same time - they simulate the Xbox button for 360 mode, where the physical Xbox button remains dedicated to the XB1 OS.

3) Go ahead and run the game and make sure everything is peachy keen. You're probably already done this, but just in case. You'll want to set up your character for multiplayer ahead of time. Start up RDR and join a single-player game. From there, hit Start / Multiplayer / Private Lobby to move to a Private Online Game. Then Start / Multiplayer / Outfitter to set up your character, horse, and title.0

On the night of:

1) Jump into our XB1 Party chat.

2) Fire up RDR, join a single player game, and then go Start / Multiplayer / Private Lobby and wait for a 360 game invite. When you get it, hit Start and Select at the same time to go to the 360 OS. The invite will be under Messages. Take that and you'll join the game!

3) When in the game together, you can hit Select to see the multiplayer menu. Hit R bumper to see who else is in the game. If you receive a Posse invitation, that's where it will be.

Any questions? Any takers, or did I type this book for nothing? XD
bankshot11
AG
Had fun playing with you guys last night. I'll try to join in Thursday.

GT: tbanks2011
Bregxit
AG
Just played for about an hour and a half earlier and WOW! This game is great!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a BT headset for XB1?
BradC34
AG
What, you too good for wired headsets?

I've been pretty happy with my Turtle Beach XO One headset. It only plugs into the controller and you get chat and game audio. I think it's a bit of a drain on the controller battery but at least you don't have to always be charging a headset. And aside from the wire going to the controller, it's effectively wireless (no wires going to Xbox or TV).
Bregxit
AG
quote:
What, you too good for wired headsets?

I've been pretty happy with my Turtle Beach XO One headset. It only plugs into the controller and you get chat and game audio. I think it's a bit of a drain on the controller battery but at least you don't have to always be charging a headset. And aside from the wire going to the controller, it's effectively wireless (no wires going to Xbox or TV).
Ahh silly me! I didn't know that was an option. I've never had a headset for XB1. I'll look into it, thanks!
Bryan98
AG
If you're okay plugging into the controller, any XB1 controller that has a 3.5mm port will accept most earbuds and such. I've heard that Apple's are wired differently from the rest of the world? My Samsung earbuds work fine.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
If you're okay plugging into the controller, any XB1 controller that has a 3.5mm port will accept most earbuds and such. I've heard that Apple's are wired differently from the rest of the world? My Samsung earbuds work fine.
I ordered the TB 420X. I decided I was too good for wired. And they work on Windows 10 so I can use them on PC as well.
HossAg
AG
Astro a40 or gtfo
Bregxit
AG
quote:
Astro a40 or gtfo

Wired. And effeminate colors.
HossAg
AG
Aight, then Astro a50. Same thing but wireless.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.