***** Official The Division - PS4*****

31,058 Views | 380 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by agproducer
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
What is this **** about the DLC for PS4 coming out a month after Xbox and PC

XB1 player here... this crap needs to stop. August for the first piece of DLC for the Division is way too long. Hopefully MS/Sony/Devs can find a better model for pumping money into games but not overly punishing players who happen to have the "other" console.
TexasAggie_02
AG
At least it's not a year like Destiny. But yes, it needs to stop.
Dro07
AG
So an update came through today... My stuff has been nerfed
FL_Ag1998
AG
Yep, same here. Because THAT was the problem with this game....the SMGs were too powerful. This game has been such a misfire its not even funny.
agproducer
AG
Anyone having a problem with the Delta 20001082 error? I was having all kinds of issues with it yesterday. The game has worked fine for me since I bought it. I had some issues of falling through the ground, but a simple reset fixed it.

The new Delta disconnect won't let me access the game. I show that I'm online on PS4, but I can't get into the game. I looked around and found a work-around. I created a new game with a new character. I login easily with that character, play a bit. Then, I log out of that character and login to my primary one. That has seemed to work. It's annoying and Ubisoft needs to fix that crap.

MW03
AG
Have not had that error.

I've been enjoying it since the 1.3 update, though. I was originally hacked off about my stuff being jacked with, but it's balanced all the weapons a bit better and I'm actually playing with shotguns, LMGs, and rifles.
MaroonStain
AG
I am routinely getting DC'ed with that same error message.
bevokilla
AG
I had a problem last night where I could not log in on my main but my 2nd character worked fine. Based on the XBOX feedback of the Underground, I don't know that I will play this game too much longer. I have started to look for another game to play.
MaroonStain
AG
I'm trying to start Witcher 3 but cannot find a place with it priced lower than $40 bones.
dan87
AG
Is anyone still playing this? I've been playing solo (lvl 15), and my assessment is that this game starts out great but gets repetitive quickly - "Oh cool, I've ran into two bad guys looting a body in the middle of the street again!"

Still not entirely sure on how to balance DPS vs. Toughness vs. Skill, though.

PSN - MattSaracenQB7

Dro07
AG
that does get repetitive but do the main missions and get your Base updated as quickly as possible is your best thing to do
MW03
AG
Once you get to 30, I am happy to help you level up quickly. Unfortunately, it's pretty much a solo game until then.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
Is anyone still playing this? I've been playing solo (lvl 15), and my assessment is that this game starts out great but gets repetitive quickly - "Oh cool, I've ran into two bad guys looting a body in the middle of the street again!"

Still not entirely sure on how to balance DPS vs. Toughness vs. Skill, though.

PSN - MattSaracenQB7

I enjoy The Division, but if you think it is grindy and repetitive on the way to 30 you should probably just stop now
FL_Ag1998
AG
Yeah the real grind is after you hit 30 and you play what amounts to the same thing over and over to try and earn gear or weapons, or enough credits to buy them. And then you find yourself doing nothing for hours but trying different mods in your gear, and different gear combos, and different versions of the same of gear because every single one is different.....this game gives a whole new definition to grinding.

Gets old quick and if you're not playing with someone else, then it gets old REAL quick.
MaroonStain
AG
It was fun for 6 months or so...I'm going to The Witcher 3...
MW03
AG
I had to learn to embrace the DZ to enjoy the game after 30. Chasing a rouge down or hiding from a rouge squad is pretty intense entertainment, especially with a backpack full of crap you want to keep.
MaroonStain
AG
Bored with shooting 30 shots to NPC's head, reloading and he still cussing me
MW03
AG
quote:
Bored with shooting 30 shots to NPC's head, reloading and he still cussing me
Ha! Accurate. The Discord App helped a ton, too. Tough game to play solo.
dan87
AG
I did leave this out: I really enjoy the game!

There are some things that do get repetitive. With few cut scenes (or at least I haven't come across that manyou yet), you have to pay real close attention to what the person says over the radio in order to understand what's going on and the point behind it. However, I'm hooked and it's fun to run around with a friend and save New York City.

Another gripe I would have is that there is no good "mod preview". When you're searching in your gear, the only way you can tell what a sight actually looks like is to actually equip it to your gun, otherwise it's just a sight/magazine/handle/muzzle icon.

MW03 - that does sound pretty fun. I joined some group in the DZ and we spent about 30 minutes defending anot extraction zone.
agproducer
AG
Is anyone still playing this? Even with all of it's flaws, I'm still enjoying the heck out of it. Yes, it is a grind, but finding new people to run with keeps it fresh. I haven't bought the season pass. Is it worth it?

Add me if you want to team up sometime.

agproducer

GS: 203

DZR: 23
(I need to do more in DZ to increase my GS, but i don't have a solid group to run with and end up getting jacked by rogues)
agproducer
AG
I wish they'd open more of the city, like Central Park and lower Manhattan.
MW03
AG
So like everyone else, I pretty much quit the game a month or more ago, but I have been following the changes to 1.4 so I could see if it would want to jump back in. Looks like a lot of good stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/52v1yd/state_of_the_game_september_15th/

quote:
Update 1.4 changes
General changes
Fixing enemy health and damage scaling post level 30 so that it is linear and not exponential
Time to be killed in comparison: Now it takes 2.1 seconds to be killed by a standard Riker at level 33 it will be 6 seconds in 1.4.
Time to kill in comparison: Now it takes for an unoptimized build / unmodded ACR 3.8 seconds to kill a Riker at level 33 it will be 2.1 seconds in 1.4.
Stats

Difficulty progression changes
Now you can play normal/hard mode missions without problems but the gap between hard and challenge mode is huge and you basically need challenge mode gear to even play that content. That also needs to change and that is why the are reworking the difficulty scaling in the endgame:

Reworking the difficulty scaling in endgame:
Greater granularity
Even transition to endgame so that there are no huge difficulty spikes
Better loot and relevant rewards from mission
Linear equipment progression
Support solo players so that they have a chance to progress
RPG/Shooter experience back - faster killrate but RPG should still have an impact
Clearer path through endgame for fresh level 30 players, so that you really know what to do and where you can get equipment to improve your character.

New World Level for 1.4
Players can now select the World Level when they hit level 30.
You are able to set the level of the NPCs and the loot to a specific level.
Named roamers are back in the open-world (Bullet King lives!) and now you can farm open-world again
The World Level can be changed at any time
There will not be level 34 / 35 NPCs
The World Levels will be unlocked as you improve your Gear Score
When you reach GS 163 you are overpowered for Tier 1 and can move on and also survive in the Tier 2 environment. That gives you a very linear progression in endgame and you get the equipment in your current Tier.

The World Level will affect the enemy levels of:
Missions
HVTs
Open World
Incursions
Underground

World Level impact
Tier 1 (Level 30 enemies GS 163 loot (rare 182)) no challenge mode
Tier 2 (Level 31 enemies GS 182 loot (rare 204)) challenge mode is unlocked
Tier 3 (Level 32 enemies GS 204 loot (rare 229))
Tier 4 (Level 33 enemies GS 229 loot ) heroic mode in Incursions is unlocked

Difficulty selection
After 1.4 the difficulty (normal to heroic) does not affect enemy level anymore, it will affect what types of enemy you fight (normal grunts or elite enemies) and the amount of loot you get:

Normal / Hard / Challenge / Heroic difficulty selection for content
Normal/Hard/Challenge/Heroic difficulty will not increase enemy level anymore but the amount of loot you get
Challenge mode + content will not be scaled to four players per default, so you could play it solo now
When you are in a group, the enemies still scale up to the number of players.
Elite NPCs are now smarter as before so they will not be just bullet sponges but move faster and more tactical.
Heroic difficulty will only be available for Incursions
Incursion will be the only content that is balanced for 4 players

You will fight these types of enemies in the different difficulties
Normal = Mostly normal enemies
Hard = Normal enemies become Veteran, Veterans become Elite
Challenging = All enemies are Elite, and changes of fire teams and enemy archetypes

Gear Score Changes
Max Gear Score will be 229, so Gear Sets have the same Gear Score as the highest possible High-End gear
High-End items will be more important now, since they are at the same level as Gear Sets
They are not nerfing the Gear Sets, they are just changing the Gear Scores to make it more consistent.

Gear Sets will get a new Gear Score
191 = 163
214 = 182
240 = 204
268 = 229

Loot
All enemies are able to drop the best loot of the specific Tier.
Trash mobs have a less chance to drop the best loot than a named enemy.
This way you get constant rewards and dont have to fight content for 10 minutes to get something relevant.
Trash-mobs in Incursion are still not dropping loot.
They are also removing gear drop weighting, the only activity that will drop guaranteed rewards (as well as more random ones) is Incursions. This will allow you to choose whatever activity you prefer and not force you to take part in content that you don't like.
Monthly Supply Drops still look at your current Gear Score (the one that is used to calculate the DZ Bracket)

Matchmaking
You matchmake with people on your World Level
You can also play with players on a higher World Level and get the loot-drops from there (power leveling)
You can also join players in a lower World Level to help them out
The World Level is tied to the Group Leader - so when you join a Tier 1 player, you will fight Level 30 NPCs even when you are a Tier 4 player.

Dark Zone / PVP
PVE Dark Zone: they are listening, but there will not be specific Dark Zone mechanic changes in 1.4
Dark Zone selects the World Level for you and when you are put in World Level 1 all enemies will be level 30
The Dark Zone Bracket is still calculated based on your gear score, so that high level players dont harass low level players
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Feel free to add me fightintexasag15
bevokilla
AG
Anyone still playing or hopping back in for 1.8 that launched today?
koadie
AG
So i'm looking at possibly picking this up, anyone think I should?
bevokilla
AG
Honestly with how cheap it is now, yes. If nothing else the leveling up to 30 is awesome. 1.8 is make or break for the game so if you are looking for something long term maybe give it a few weeks to see how it goes
RadAg14
AG
Loading this game up again. Cautiously hopeful it plays different from the last time i played
MW03
AG
Same here. Better playing cod but thought about firing back up
RadAg14
AG
Game really improved. There is an easy chance to get the best gear sets this weekend
agproducer
AG
I'm still playing this. I know it is repetitive, but I just have a lot of fun with it, and it is quick and easy to team up and run missions. I still can't get through Stolen Signal. It pisses me off.

The additions in 1.8 are fun, but seemed more novelty after a few times. But, the global events are a nice touch.

I think I may have maxed out my gear. Also, I'm having a tough time finishing out my classified gear sets.

Right now, I'm running Alpha Bridge, Tactician and Final Measure. They're tied together with the Ninja Bike Messenger Bike that doubles as a second piece for each of the gear for bonuses.

And Division 2 was announced today. I hope they moved locations for 2 -- putting it in L.A., Chicago, San Francisco, or even Seattle.

Apparently, there will be a link between your grinding in 1 with 2.

And, it looks like Ubisoft is working not to eff up all the gains they've made.

I'm running at a GS 281.
RadAg14
AG
Your gear should be up to 290 when all said and done. Unless the thing you need to optimize is the armor for each piece. A max rolled/optimized item should have 1401 stamina/electronics/firearms
agproducer
AG
RadAg14 said:

Your gear should be up to 290 when all said and done. Unless the thing you need to optimize is the armor for each piece. A max rolled/optimized item should have 1401 stamina/electronics/firearms
I'm still having to get pieces of Division Tech to upgrade the GS on several items. I still need to roll one more with the Ninja Bike Messenger Bag and a few other items.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.