Rocket League

169,507 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
sdc177
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First time i have watched. I am disappoint.
Michael78
Not our best play against Indiana. Had a last minute substitution and then struggled to get going. Took a 4-0 win against Upenn to finish the night 1-1

Hoping to have all our starters available at once next gameweek. Really appreciate yall checking it out tonight!
theNetSmith
AG
I was playing during the Indiana U match, but I caught some of the UPenn fixture and y'all looked pretty good. Matte wasn't playing last night, was he?
theNetSmith
AG
sdc177 said:

First time i have watched. I am disappoint.
Ha. You would get your stuff pushed in by those kids.
Tophat266
Matte was there for the first series but I wasn't able to make it. Then I came for the second series and Matt had to leave
jr15aggie
AG
Question... is it pretty common to get really bad lag/connection problems (that lasts around 5 seconds) about once every five games or so? This is on XB1.

Agmaniacmike12
I've been getting lag spikes every 15 minutes that last 5 seconds. Not too big of a deal compared to what I had before though. Cortana causes a ton of issues with lag, she could also be the culprit.
jr15aggie
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

I've been getting lag spikes every 15 minutes that last 5 seconds. Not too big of a deal compared to what I had before though. Cortana causes a ton of issues with lag, she could also be the culprit.
Good to know, thanks. I've been playing quite a bit recently since I stopped playing BF1 some time ago... hit me up next time you need a partner.
FightinAggie07
AG
Any PS4 peeps going to be on tonight? I should be home by 9 or so.
Michael78
Been on vacation in NYC for a week. I get home Tuesday and can't wait to be on again.
Tophat266
For any interested we play UCSD at 11 CST on Wednesday. It should be a fun series UCSD is currently undefeated and beat us 4-3 in preseason. It'll be streamed on https://www.twitch.tv/collegecarball. We'd really appreciate yall's support!
theNetSmith
AG
Assume that's 11PM, not AM?
Michael78
That's right!
shertown04
AG
I've finally started my new job, 98% through moving, and have internet service again so I need to start feeding my addiction at some point this week.
Bryan98
AG
shertown04 said:

I've finally started my new job, 98% through moving, and have internet service again so I need to start feeding my addiction at some point this week.
Congrats!
sdc177
AG
Tophat266 said:

For any interested we play UCSD at 11 CST on Wednesday. It should be a fun series UCSD is currently undefeated and beat us 4-3 in preseason. It'll be streamed on https://www.twitch.tv/collegecarball. We'd really appreciate yall's support!
So how did it go? Did not get to watch.
Tophat266
We lost 3-4 to UCSD and beat Georgia Southern 4-1. It was a pretty intense series and the vod is still there if you want to watch. We didn't get to play with our full roster again because matte had to sub out last minute which sucks a lot because he's our best player. We should be able to make it to playoffs though still. As long as we win all the easy games and win at least 2 of our remaining hard games.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Well, what the hell is Matte doing that is more important than collegiate Rocket League. He didn't come here to play school!
theNetSmith
AG
Nothing against the rest of you guys, but Matte is pretty damn good. Impressed that you kept it so close against UCSD without him!

I missed the games last night, but I will try to watch the replay tonight... really sweet being able to stream Twitch on my Amazon Fire TV stick!
Halibut
AG
Some plays from my alt/drunk account. Trying to learn the batmobile in a couple of them. Gotta get in character.

Tophat266
yeah we also just flow better with matte on the field. Or at least I do. Last night I was struggling a lot just because I found myself the third man back a lot which I'm unused to in our normal rotations.
Michael78
Those are sick! I like the last one most. Are you enjoying the batmobile? Thinking of going back to that myself.
Halibut
AG
mikalandrewg said:

Those are sick! I like the last one most. Are you enjoying the batmobile? Thinking of going back to that myself.

It's definitely growing in me. I didn't like it when it first came out, primarily playing the octane. It was too difficult to get powerful hits out of it. And it seemed like I was always losing 50-50s.

But I've been playing dominus for a while, which I think has gotten me used to a flat car. Plus I'm way better at aerials now, and the batmobile is really fun in the air.

I want to get a mantis though. I need customizations (and I really don't like the twin mill).

Oh, and here's another play I recorded this morning. It's pretty lucky, but I'll take what I can get.

Michael78
I have literally thousands of games on the octane, I switched to the breakout for awhile and loved it but ended up switching back. I instantly get awful at 1v1s when using a flat car, but the batmobile is tempting me. It would for me to be much more precise but would be great in the air.

I'm very much on the fence lol. I need to decide on a car and stick with it but I just can't commit.
Tophat266
Octane for life
Michael78
Two satisfying solo standard goals
Halibut
AG
Nice!

The air roll to get the placement on that first goal was pretty sweet. That's definitely a skill I don't have.
shertown04
AG
Finally back up to speed. My old Xbox headset evidently got put in storage so I bought a replacement and upgraded to surround sound (not as important for Rocket League, but still better than the old one). I am playing on a 32" TV instead of my 70" one that is now in storage as well but I think I'm better on the smaller screen. Had some pretty good runs of wins the last few days.
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Mikalandrewg/TopHat,

Is it safe to assume yall play on PC?

If yall ever want to get a doubles or standard game against some former students so you kids can see how it is supposed to be done, let me know.
theNetSmith
AG
shertown04 said:

Finally back up to speed. My old Xbox headset evidently got put in storage so I bought a replacement and upgraded to surround sound (not as important for Rocket League, but still better than the old one). I am playing on a 32" TV instead of my 70" one that is now in storage as well but I think I'm better on the smaller screen. Had some pretty good runs of wins the last few days.
I recently switched from a headset to a desktop mic with my speakers. I was worried at first that Pandora would interfere, but the mic must be semi-directional b/c none of my partners have complained. Obviously, it is more comfortable, but I also have one less cord to get in my way when using body english to manipulate the ball.

Had a nice redirect goal recently while playing 2s with mynameismud. I saved the replay, but I am not sure how best to make a video or gif out of it... any advice? (on PC, if that's not obvious)
Michael78
Let's set it up!
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
https://discord.gg/VnbfNn

If you get on the discord channel it will be easier to set things up!

Me and Lefty are on for a bit right now if you want to play. We are on PS4 so we can obviously only do private matches if y'all are on PC
fav13andac1)c
AG
I got you fam

theNetSmith
AG
Sweet! I'm internet famous!
Michael78
Top and I played Bootysmack and FormerLefty last night and they gave us some quality games. I believe the score ultimately went in favor of them 4-3 so as of now it would seem they are the reigning doubles champs!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.