Android Update - **EMERGENCY**

6,883 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ark03
EMY92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My guess is that AT&T or Samsung disabled it. If I were betting, I'd say it was AT&T's doing.
atmhockey
AG
For those that recco'd Textra... THANK YOU. I have been out of the android game for the last year just using my usual apps not looking at new ones or rooting my devices any longer. Handcent in particular has become a bloated biatch.

Textra is so nice, clean and fast!
double aught
AG
I've had no problems with the stock message ap on my M8, but I downloaded textra due to this thread. I really like it so far, especially the gif integration.
agracer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
..."OK Google, turn on my flashlight".....The G3 does not have a wiget to turn on the flashlight. I have to use the search to turn it on.....unbelievable.....
This will be on the pull-down menu if and when the G3 gets lollipop. Alternatively, you can install any number of widgets for the flashlight:

Here's an app I used before I flashed lollipop: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devuni.flashlight&hl=en

Nope. I've had Lollipop on my AT&T G3 for several weeks and there is no native flashlight widget.
on t-mobile as well........
double aught
AG
Same with Sprint
Marklar
AG
Since my s5 runs on Sprint's "Lightning fast speeds", I have always had problems sending/receiving group mms, pictures, and everything of the sort. Textra is amazing in the fact that it can send mms over wifi. It's a complete game changer. I have textra set as my default, but use hangouts for my typical sms messaging. Using two messengers isn't too much of a pain in the butt, and I have gotten used to it. (I use hangouts b/c I can text from my computer now, and can also send sms over wifi)
tate504
AG
So I am assuming everyone else got a text on textra about now there will be adds or you pay for the app?
redd38
AG
quote:
So I am assuming everyone else got a text on textra about now there will be adds or you pay for the app?
Yes, but apparently it's just a one-time cost of $1. I can live with that.
LeftyHound
AG
Yep, one time fee of 99 cents per their Twitter account
Marklar
AG
I don't buy very many apps, but I am literally checking a couple times a day for when the paid upgrade becomes available. It's a fantastic app with a fantastic dev team, and I can't wait to see what they can do once they start making a profit.
reb,
AG
quote:
quote:
Yes, but apparently it's just a one-time cost of $1. I can live with that.
Awesome. Easy decision to pay (even if i use adaway).
Ag12thman
AG
Anyone know anything about MightyText? Is this similar to Google Hangouts or Textra?
AgEng06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
..."OK Google, turn on my flashlight".....The G3 does not have a wiget to turn on the flashlight. I have to use the search to turn it on.....unbelievable.....
This will be on the pull-down menu if and when the G3 gets lollipop. Alternatively, you can install any number of widgets for the flashlight:

Here's an app I used before I flashed lollipop: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devuni.flashlight&hl=en

Nope. I've had Lollipop on my AT&T G3 for several weeks and there is no native flashlight widget.
Same on my S4.
I'm late to this, but I have the flashlight widget on my S4 through AT&T. It's called "Assistive light"...
EMY92
AG
^^^Isn't that an app that you can get from the Play Store?

What people are complaining about is the lack of the flashlight feature that is built into Kit Kat. It's available on my new S6, but wasn't there in the drop down menu when I upgraded the OS on my old S4.
AgEng06
AG
This one is a widget I added to my home screen, not an installed app. I do, however, see what you mean about nothing be available via the drop-down menu.
Ark03
AG
quote:
This one is a widget I added to my home screen, not an installed app. I do, however, see what you mean about nothing be available via the drop-down menu.
It's part of Lollipop. I'm sorry if you are running some version corrupted by a carrier that managed to hide it, but it's there. Here it is on my rooted HTC M8 running 5.0.1 (no HTC Sense, and no AT&T clutter to dirty it up):

I guess I need to try 5.1 and see if it is still there.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.