Recommend an MMO for me

4,993 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by dfphotos
OCEN99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You might take a look at Marvel Heroes. It plays similar to Diablo but has a good bit of multi-player content, e.g. patrols, raids, etc.
Knife_Party
quote:
If I played wow for like 6 months when it first came out, is there any reason to pick it up now, or will I just be frustrated?

Were you frustrated during the time you played it? It's gone through some changes but at it's heart it's very much similar. If you liked it then I think you'll like it now. The fluidity of character movement, combat, questing system, are all generally the same with some improvements. As you can imagine talents and abilities have changes and they've added lots of features. If you buy the expansion you'll get a free character boost to level 90 so you can do the leveling from 90-100 and start getting into current end game content.
WGann3
AG
quote:
Camelot Unchained. Still in Alpha, but same developers as DAoC.
Eliminatus
AG
Well I gave Lord of the rings online a try last night. Very underwhelming. really choppy and the load times were crazy. even when it did "load" it would still take up to 30 seconds for everything to render. I have a rather powerful PC that plays everything on ultra settings. Might give some more time into it but after the first hour I was regretting the gigs of DL vs. my data cap.

I know I want to play Elder scrolls online. It's just the full price is hard to swallow right now. I haven't paid $60 for a game in years. I'll get it eventually I am sure though. Gonna check out The Old Republic in the meantime.
Knife_Party
Since TOR is F2P you could even get a sub for only one month to see if you like it and spend a lot less than the 60 for Scrolls.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
If I played wow for like 6 months when it first came out, is there any reason to pick it up now, or will I just be frustrated?

Damn that was so long ago...I played the game over 10 years ago. Doubt I'd recognize some of it now.
digital_ag
AG
There is a vanilla wow server hosted in Europe called Nostalrius. Been playing for about a week. The server population is pretty huge (last week over 5k characters earned more honor than I did according to the honor pane).

I ping about 140ish so it's not great but not game breaking.

I really enjoyed vanilla and forgot how challenging it was. The server remains faithful to that era although they will be releasing pve and tbc server in the future.
dfphotos
Elder Scrolls is good stuff
Eliminatus
AG
SO I finally got ESO and downloaded it. Put about an hours worth into it so far.

In summary...this is what an MMO should be like. The active maneuvering and flow of battle is far more superior than the others. As soon as I controlled my character the first time all other MMO's died for me.
dfphotos
find a good guild with a good guild bank. helped me tremendously in the early stages.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.