*****Official Bloodborne Thread*****

39,613 Views | 450 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Max Power
mid90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Thanks for the tips. This is my first From game. I knew about the glowing eyes thing. Didn't know if you died again they dissappeared. I never killed those wolves. Just ran past them and then discovered the shortcut. Cleric beast ate my lunch though. Hoping to work on him tonight.

Once you make it to the cleric beast for the first time (and die), you can start levelling up. There will be new characters in the hunters dream that you can give blood echoes to and either level up or buy items.
spieg12
AG
Yea I talked to the creepy doll with the nice voice. I had exactly 0 echoes though. Lost a stack of 4000 then died again before I got back to them.
Drahknor03
AG
Don't sweat the Bloodechos. You'll reach a point where you'll drop 50k on Bloodvials without blinking,
spieg12
AG
CLERIC BEAST IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!1!!1!11!#$^@%&%^*#$%$^# PREY SLAUGHTERED
avidhunter
Congrats...now the real game begins lol.
Tex117
AG
quote:
CLERIC BEAST IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!1!!1!11!#$^@%&%^*#$%$^# PREY SLAUGHTERED
Good work! Post impressions of the next boss.

UncleStephry
Is the DLC worth buying? I'm over doing the chalice dungeons. That is to say, the higher level dungeons are too damn difficult.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
quote:
Is the DLC worth buying? I'm over doing the chalice dungeons. That is to say, the higher level dungeons are too damn difficult.
I'd say yes, since it adds a considerable amount of new weapons and the boss battles are fantastic, particularly the 3rd required boss. Unfortunately I do believe that it's a little too short. I blasted through the whole in a single day, though I did find my new favorite weapon in it. While I didn't find it as compelling as Artorias of the Abyss was for Dark Souls, as someone who pays very close to attention to the lore and text of in game items in From Soft games, it was still engrossing.

And yes, the deeper chalice dungeons are stupid haha. I found the chalice dungeons overall to be stupid. What level are you on? Cause even at level 120+ and into NG++ the level 5 Great Pthumeru Ihyll dungeon still gave me a lot of problems.
Tex117
AG
quote:
This sounds like the Defiled Dungeon claimed another one.

WatchDog in the Defiled Dungeon (especially for my build), was one of the most difficult bosses I've ever encountered in a souls game.

mid90
AG
I just found out about the whole NG+ stuff.
mid90
AG
Are the chalice dungeons actually worth anything?
mid90
AG
I just beat a boss I randonly stumbled onto in ONE TRY!!!!

SUCK IT GAME
SECivil Ag-11
AG
quote:
Are the chalice dungeons actually worth anything?
If you want the platinum trophy, then definitely. If not, more or less no, since they the level designs are terrible and kind of slapped together. But there are some very challenging bosses that appear exclusively in the dungeons.
mid90
AG
Finished my first play through over the weekend. I finally feel like I have the hang of the game, meaning I die much less frequently and I am enjoying it much more.

Will probably try for platinum,which I think means 2 more playthroughs.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
quote:
Finished my first play through over the weekend. I finally feel like I have the hang of the game, meaning I die much less frequently and I am enjoying it much more.

Will probably try for platinum,which I think means 2 more playthroughs.
Congratulations on surviving the nightmare!

Early NG+ is a fantastic measuring stick to show how far you've come. I remember I had the hardest time with Father Gascoigne and Blood-starved Beast on my very first playthrough. But on NG+, I took them down with hardly any effort on my first go. That's what so great about From Soft games. It's not your character leveling up, it's you.

Come join the platinum club!
Tex117
AG
You can get platinum on one play through mid. Save your game to a flash drive before the final boss....Beat it...reload...beat it...reload...

The Chalice dungeons are rather boring, with the exception of some pretty great (and difficult bosses). Watchdog in the Defiled Chalice is in particularly brutal.
Scotty Flamingo
Anyone still looking to play this game, it's 20 bucks on the playstation store including the dlc
Scotty Flamingo
Not sure if it has to do with the way I play Dark Souls now, but I picked up Bloodborne again and I'm absolutely running through it
spag.ag2003
AG
Just got the platinum last night - I'm a very casual gamer but this game absolutely took my life over for about a month. Amazing game.

Now onto DS3...
Scotty Flamingo
BTW I ordered the Bloodborne card game on Amazon. It's pretty fun
Post removed:
by user
spag.ag2003
AG
Wait until he does the move where his head goes forward and left...move in and break the leg. Two hits, move out. Dodge everything else. It might take you ten minutes but it's a pretty foolproof way to beat him.
AGinHI
AG
I dont know how anybody finds this enjoyable.

Edit: glad I picked it up for $7 because that's all the play it's going to get from me.
titanmaster_race
AGinHI said:

Edit: glad I picked it up for $7 because that's all the play it's going to get from me.

It's a love/rage relationship
Drake aTm
AG
AGinHI said:

Kind of like Aggie football.

We love the misery it gives us.
AGinHI
AG
So y'all are sadomasochists?

I was about to beat that Father Gas fellow and then...what the hell is that!? WHAT IS THAT!? DAMMIT!

I repeat that nonsense over and over and over...and over again and then learn about some stupid music box and a better outfit in the sewer

so I backtrack in search of those friggin' things only to have the two scary wolves follow me into the sewer where I get mauled; try run past everyone and drop down in the sewer--right where the bonus hunter clothes are--and battle a huge rat while some other damn thing kills me from behind; try kill everything and take a ladder down to what appears to be a deserted area only to get mauled by a horde of rats--repeat any variety of those approaches several times and now everything I run into is killing me because screw it--I'm just gonna run at you mashing buttons all the way!

Come on! I mean come on!

Stupid ass game!

/rant

Edit: 20 minutes later--I'm gonna fire up the PS4 and try again

Stupid ass game!

Edit 2: 1 dude left--1 dude--with almost 0 health and I miss one attack and am hit with a flurry--YOU DIED

Here son you try.
Drake aTm
AG
I gave up aftee Amelia.

Watched these guys play, and they made it super easy for me.

Bryan98
AG
The new Bloodborne boardgame from CMON (a reputable publisher) hits Kickstarter tomorrow. There's a bonus for backing it the first day.
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
Chase McGuire
I realize this is an old thread, but I wrote a Bloodborne guide and figured someone here might be interested enough to take a look: https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/dc07yu/i_wrote_a_bloodborne_playthrough_guide/
Max Power
AG
Decided to give this game another shot. Having difficulty getting the parry down. I recently got done with Ghost of Tsushima and that one you parry at the moment of impact, this one is before impact, trying to unlearn that. Really wondering how I'm ever going to level up since I die to often I lose my blood echoes permanently.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.