Galaxy S6 vs HTC One M9

12,507 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by MW03
Barry Kripke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Only ONE mention of Windows Phones (about to roll out the 10 OS which will work seamlessly with all PC devices)?

The day will come soon when you will all PAY for thumbing your noses at the best phones being made right now.

I like windows phone

Developers, tho.

Hath Hell frozen over?

Barry semi-complimenting a Windows Phone?

Of all phone players, I prefer the winphone ui, actually
tate504
AG
So this is my first android phone (s6) and I have a dumb question. I feel like my battery is draining a little faster than I would like. I checked on all in one tool box and it is showing a process called security storage is taking up 17% of my battery usage. I am not sure how accurate that is since the battery graph in settings is showing Google play services, android OS and screen all at 2% a piece. I tried to kill the security storage process in all in one tool box and it just came back. Any suggestions ?
SUPAGGIE
quote:
So this is my first android phone (s6) and I have a dumb question. I feel like my battery is draining a little faster than I would like. I checked on all in one tool box and it is showing a process called security storage is taking up 17% of my battery usage. I am not sure how accurate that is since the battery graph in settings is showing Google play services, android OS and screen all at 2% a piece. I tried to kill the security storage process in all in one tool box and it just came back. Any suggestions ?

I'm also a first time android user with the s6. I've never seen that security storage process appear In the battery usage. Ussually the screen takes up most of the energy. Did you download an app that might be using it frequently?

Which carrier are you using? Most of them have pre-installed apps that you never use. Have you tried disabling most of those apps? That might fix the issue if one of them is using the security storage.
MW03
AG
A couple of things I always do when I get a new phone related to battery life:
  • disable haptic feedback on the keyboard
  • turn off auto-brightness
  • turn off the samsung features that I don't use (i.e., smart screen, smart scrolling, air gestures, etc). Most of those only work with the samsung apps anyway, and I use chome and inbox.
  • cancel notifications for facebook so it it's not always update
  • change my weather app to update every 3 hours instead of every 1
CrottyKid
AG
I didn't read the whole thread, but I wanted to chime in and say that the wireless charging works through the Otterbox on my s6. SIAP
Ag12thman
AG
quote:
I didn't read the whole thread, but I wanted to chime in and say that the wireless charging works through the Otterbox on my s6. SIAP

I have an S4 that I've loved. But it sounds like it's time to get the newest Galaxy.
CrottyKid
AG
My previous phone was an s4 too. I hated to get rid of it. It was the best phone I've had in years. I really didn't see the need in upgrading, but it was one of those deals where I would actually save money per month, so I bit the bullet. So far, I have been pleased with the s6.
CrottyKid
AG
Are you sure to close all the open applications by clicking "close all". That usually saves me a lot of battery use. You can also disable some of the apps you never use that you can't uninstall.
Ag12thman
AG
quote:
Are you sure to close all the open applications by clicking "close all". That usually saves me a lot of battery use. You can also disable some of the apps you never use that you can't uninstall.

I echo this...I do that a lot and it definitely helps.
Vade281
AG
I caved and grabbed an S6E. I have the Verus max drop case and it charges with Qi. It does not work on a PMA Powermat.
MW03
AG
It's been a week, and I freaking love this phone. I haven't dug a phone like this since the Evo 4G.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.