OnePlus One

1,398 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by CastleRock
ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My gs3 died a permanent death yesterday. I dropped it outside (with a case on) and now it samsung logo flashes and the phone vibrates, and then...nothing.

So, does anyone have an OPO they want to sell or maybe have an extra invite? Maybe sell the invite for cheap?

tia
howdydamnit04
AG
I had the same thing happen and I dont remember which one of these steps worked but they did.

http://thedroidguy.com/2014/03/fix-galaxy-s3-wont-turn-troubleshooting-guide-87335#lJWgMmvFWyjjwIzs.97
ag09
AG
no dice, appreciate the help though. i'll have to take it by att store at lunch.
tfunk02
AG
You are more likely to fix your phone than get an invite from posting here...

I was an early joiner to their forum. I have had one invite and one purchase (sold the phone to my cousin). That's all they gave me.

Can you not get into recovery mode?
ag09
AG
Nada, nothing.

When I remove and replace the battery, it vibrates, flashes a logo, and then is unresponsive until the battery is removed and replaced again. The power button is unresponsive, recovery mode is a no-go, same for download mode.

I have two batteries, same thing with both.

Am I 100% SOL?

I'll run by att,but I don't have high hopes.

It looks like there's a OPO here in dallas on ebay.
rbcs_2
AG
A guy I work with had one and 5 invites (he sold them all). He tried to convince me to buy an invite from him, but I didn't like the phone any better than the Nexus 5 (which is what I have). He has since sold his OnePlus One citing too many software bugs and moved onto the LG G3. So naturally my advice would be just get a Nexus 5.
ag09
AG
Ran by att, gs3 is confirmed dead.
tfunk02
AG
OPO has been good about updating the software issues.

Moto-X+1 will be announced in the next couple weeks.

I'll let you know if I get any more invites.
AgDev01
AG
Haven't had any software issues on mine since i got it a few weeks ago, though i have read there were issues a few months ago. Unfortunately i have yet to receive my extra invites from purchasing one.
Stasco
AG
Mine just shipped. I don't have any invites yet but I'd be happy to make you a good deal on my Nexus 5. Its the 32 GB model and its in perfect condition.

I'm in Houston.
ag09
AG
Appreciate the help, but I ordered the OPO yesterday on ebay, should be here tomorrow.
rbcs_2
AG
Stasco, what are you looking to get for the Nexus 5? I may be interested as I need to get my wife a phone. My original plan was to get the Nexus 6 and just hand off my N5 to her, but that could always change if the right deal came along.
Stasco
AG
Like I said, its the 32 GB version and it's basically in ideal condition for a used phone. No scratches whatsoever on the screen, and one very tiny nick along the edge. I'll send or post pictures if you want.

I see similar phones on eBay listed for $350ish. I paid $360 for this one about a month and a half ago. I'd rather not mess with eBay though, so I'd accept $300 from an Ag.

Send me an email to my username at gmail if you're interested. My OPO just shipped, so I should be able to ship the Nexus by the end of this week.

[This message has been edited by Stasco (edited 8/26/2014 9:42a).]
tfunk02
AG
Let us know what y'all think of the OPO!
rbcs_2
AG
Well Stasco it looks like I'm going to have to pass. My wife said she doesn't want to spend the money on a phone right now because "this one is working fine." I made the mistake of letting her decide if she wants it or not.
Stasco
AG
No worries. The offer stands for now for anyone here. Based on the tracking, the OPO should be getting in either Thursday or Friday, so I don't plan to list it on eBay until then at the earliest.
Stasco
AG
Writing this from the OPO. It's fantastic. I loved CM on my S3, but it was never very stable. Two days in an no sign of any issue at all. No app closes, not even a stutter.

I still have the N5 if anyone is interested.
ag09
AG
Same. I got mine in on Wednesday. It is awesome.I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.