HALO: The Master Chief Collection, Halo 2 MP returns!

17,657 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by jr15aggie
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I played some Halo 3 MP last night... man I suck at Halo now. But to be fair to myself, there were like 400 people in the team slayer lobby and most of them were ranked in the mid-high 40's. High 40's is really friggin good and they destroyed me. I swear I was getting one shot killed by a BR half the time, but I think what was happening is two guys would shoot me at once (one I could see, and another behind me) so I would go from full health to dead in 1/2 second.

I can only hope the MC collection ranks up the studs very quickly and that an entirely new generation of Halo noobs joins the fight!
jeffk
AG
I'll be n00bing it up too once I'm done achievement hunting.

We can have a contest to see who can stay alive the longest.
wangus12
AG
They just released the redone trailer for Halo 2. My God

Beautiful
jeffk
bigbass1170
AG
Daaaaaaaaamn
jr15aggie
AG
They could have just given us Halo 2 anniversary and most of us would have bought... All 4 games with the effort they put into remastering 2 is friggin insane.

People are buying the XB1 for this game, so I guess their efforts are paying off. Those cutscenes are insane!
Ewok It Out08
AG
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/10/29/halo-2-trailer-exclusive-comparisons/

Another link which includes the trailer above but also has some in screen comparisons between Halo 2 and Halo 2 Anniversary.
jeffk
AG
Anyone have a run-down on pre-order bonuses?
powerbelly
AG
http://teambeyond.net/halo-master-chief-collection-pre-order-bonuses/
Ewok It Out08
AG
Make sure you change the resolution to 1080p.

Halo CE at 1080p / 60 FPS - By far my favorite game play video so far. To me, Halo CE was the pinnacle of the Halo series (although Halo 2 was also very good). I love how the multiplayer portion of the video focuses on the use of the Halo CE pistol. Im curious to see if they left in some of skill tricks like backpack reload (it looks like he attempts this possibly at the end of the clip but when he switches back to the pistol, it is still at 1 bullet).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/14/see-what-halo-ce-looks-like-at-1080p60fps-in-halo-the-master-chief-collection-ign-first

Halo 2 Anniversary - Forge Preview - Pretty awesome video that really shows the depth of the forge mechanic in H2A.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/10/25/test-video-halo-2-anniversary-forge-demo-halo-the-master-chief-collection-ign-first

Ewok It Out08
AG
The best pre-order bonus to me is Gamestop. Anyone pre-order from the Gamestop in the mall in College Station? Do they do a midnight release?
Ewok It Out08
AG
Scratch my question. Looks like other locations in CS are doing a midnight release.
jeffk
AG
quote:
Thanks!

On a related note, I'm guessing I'll have to go find all the skulls again....
jr15aggie
AG
The digital version we be available at 12 est... So 11 pm for us Texas boys.
jr15aggie
AG
Are the skulls still there? I thought I'd heard all the skulls are available right away to activate or not. I also remember hearing they will have terminals in Halo 2 anniversary (which will give us insight to Halo 5 stuff... Ties in to nightfall I believe). Somebody may be able to confirm that better than me... I just want to play them!
19 inch cobra
quote:
quote:
Thanks!

On a related note, I'm guessing I'll have to go find all the skulls again....

Nope. All of the games come with everything already unlocked and fully playable. The skulls will all be available without having to find them.
jeffk
AG
Then why are most of the pre-order bonuses skulls?
19 inch cobra
No clue. 343 said all skulls would be unlocked from the get go.
Texags is garbage
I always avoid hyping up games, but I'm going to let myself get pumped for this. If they don't touch a thing with Halo 2 I'll be 100% satisfied.
datrixstunna
AG
What were the skulls for again? Its been awhile.
k20dub
AG
If I remember right, they were just fun hidden skulls that you really had to work to find. Once you found them all, you got an achievement or something like that.
OldArmy07
AG
Skulls modify single player game modes when you have the enabled. Double damage, less health, exciting popping confetti on headshots, etc.
jeffk
AG
According to some folks on Twitter, the pre-order skulls are for Halo 2 and all of those will be unlocked for everyone in December. The skulls in HCE and Halo 3 you have to go find in the campaign again.

Also, some of the campaign achievements in the MCC will unlock Halo 5 armors.
Seven Psycho Ags
As long as I can play with the skull that makes grunts' heads explode in confetti
Krussian09
AG
Grunt birthday party!
jeffk
AG
Really cool documentary on Xbox video (free) about the remastering of Halo 2.
jeffk
AG
Just learned that John Mayer played guitar on the Halo 2 soundtrack.
jeffk
AG
Is the XBL store on the console the only way to buy the digital version of the game?

I tried to purchase it the other day and got an error message and the only version listed on the MS website is the disc.
OldArmy07
AG
You can buy it on xbox.com (not microsoft store) digitally.
jeffk
AG
Getting a random error with no error number on the website too. Marketplace may be down.
datrixstunna
AG
Xbox Store worked for me. Preloading now..
jr15aggie
AG
Did it download the extra 20gb patch for y'all? I'm still sitting at the standard 45gb install.
OldArmy07
AG
I've heard that the extra 20gb title update is supposed to be available today. Time to start leaving the console in "always on" mode so that it picks it up!
jeffk
AG
Finally got the purchase made.

Pretty excited about this one!
jr15aggie
AG
I may have time to start an *official* thread later this week so we can do the gamertag thing. Somebody else can do it in the meantime if you want.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.