Someone mentioned the NFL is getting unwatchable

4,766 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by E King Trill
achooooo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4:08 PM Swift scores a TD for Philadelphia; score was reviewed and overturned (his knee was down). Between the review and 2 sets of commercials it was 4:16 PM when they resumed play.
neAGle96
AG
It's been unwatchable
cevans_40
AG
Imagine being there in person and having to wait for the ruling. All while paying $20 for a beer.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Yet it still runs at a much better and smoother pace than college football. No 3 hour 45 minute games in the NFL.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Royal27
AG
I wouldn't know.

I haven't watched it since the league took a knee.
TX_COWDOC
AG
Royal27 said:

I wouldn't know.

www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
91AggieLawyer
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Yet it still runs at a much better and smoother pace than college football. No 3 hour 45 minute games in the NFL.

FBS game duration average in 2023 was 3 hours, 16 minutes. Your numbers here were few and far between as only 15% of the games went over 3.5 hours, so to go 3.75 hours, the game involved an unusual delay or OT.

Source: Steve Shaw,
jrgypsum
Hockey
IslanderAg04
Hows about KC game having a dedicated Taylor Swift Camera.
C@LAg
Emilio Fantastico
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Luke The Drifter said:

FBS game duration average in 2023 was 3 hours, 16 minutes. Your numbers here were few and far between as only 15% of the games went over 3.5 hours, so to go 3.75 hours, the game involved an unusual delay or OT.

Source: Steve Shaw,

The excruciatingly long games were the CBS games. They just seemed that much longer because you had to listen to Gary Danielson.
CowPieAndFries
I record almost all of the games. Start watching about an hour and a half to Two hours after the start. It works out about right.
HECUBUS
AG
Used to watch Monday Night Football with Howard Cosell and Dandy Don Meredith back when it was new. Didn't care about the football. It was all about getting out of the house when a junior in high school. An excuse to enjoy $1 pitchers and free popcorn with friends at a place called Checkers in Houston. Good times.
WC94
AG
Greed is good! I love watching fast food commercials, followed by prescription medicine to lower cholesterol, followed life insurance for my impending death. Merica!!
Hawk2007
Luke The Drifter said:

Yeah, I don't understand it either. NFL takes the fewest snaps, but pretty much any NFL game moves better than most college games. The commentators tend to be much higher quality, too. Granted, there are far fewer teams in NFL versus CFB.

If you actually want to routinely see good football, watch NFL. If you want to follow player careers, watch NFL.

College ball is fine and all, but the vast majority of those players will never play a second of NFL football.
Hawk2007
Royal27 said:

I wouldn't know.

They've cleaned up since then.

Have you watched any A&M Football games since Kellen Mond led the student athlete charge to tear down Sully? Or, do we Maroon Out that part of A&M history?
agz win
AG
What a great finish to the game with a game winning interception in the end zone for Philly.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
Hawk2007
agz win said:

What a great finish to the game with a game winning interception in the end zone for Philly.

It was a good game. I didn't like the horse collar one-yard out on Jackson though. I mean, y'all got smoked on the play. Just let me score the TD.
Hawk2007
rocky the dog said:

Quote:

I am definitely not enjoying this sideshow. But, if QB1 from A&M, tu, Georgia, bama, or wherever were dating her, the same shenanigans would be going on.
Hawk2007
If the Zoo could somehow vote on and approve the thoughts and political leanings of our football team, I wonder if we would be better or worse than Vandy.
Southlake
It's really turned into a crappy presentation?
merch
Or what about absolutely clean hits being penalties, leading to scores and changing outcomes of games…getting kinda tired of that.

See Paraons hit yesterday. Atrocious.
Nothing looks more foolish than tradition to those who have none.
ElephantRider
AG
Much better than CFB these days
TikkaShooter
Quote:

The strange Christmas tradition of pretending like saying Merry Christmas is suppressed.

I almost made it thru with out seeing it this year.

Right up there with the strange tradition of folks pretending like they don't watch NFL bc of "the knee"
TexAggie1999
Hawk2007 said:

Royal27 said:

I wouldn't know.

Have you watched any A&M Football games since Kellen Mond led the student athlete charge to tear down Sully? Or, do we Maroon Out that part of A&M history?

The difference is that the NFL embraced BLM and all of the social justice crap in 2020. They haven't apologized for that and I don't expect they ever will. I haven't watched an NFL game since then and make it a point to not pay any attention to the NFL. I have no idea who is looking like a playoff team in the NFL.

A&M didn't give into Mond and his merry band of social justice warriors. I didn't watch any games with Mond after his antics (skipped the 2020 season). If the University had given into Mond, I would not be watching today.
DGrimesAg92
The nfl is dead to me and has been since they posted the "Social Justice" slogans in the end zone and on the helmets. The kneeling, the black anthem...blah blah blah....then the nfl and their FORCED vaccination bull**** iced it.
Nom de Plume
AG
I watch the NFL because it's entertaining. I don't really give a **** about the politics angle, similar to the rest of my life. If I lived by the hardcore principles many of you pretend to live by I'd never leave my house, wouldn't have a job, and couldn't ever buy anything.

I'm a Chiefs and Taylor Swift fan and like the marriage of the two. It's good publicity for my team.

College football is entertaining, too, for about 8 weeks per year and for about 25% of the teams. Regardless of the length of games. It's all good.
GigEmReggie
A lot of the woke stuff is annoying but it seems to me you have to be a pretty big bigot to rail against social justice to the point of boycotting anyone who advocates for it.
Rectitude
AG
Hawk2007 said:

Royal27 said:

I wouldn't know.

I am class of '65 and have not been to campus in years.
Q: Is Sully still standing?
Pooh-ah95_ESL
AG
GigEmReggie said:

A lot of the woke stuff is annoying but it seems to me you have to be a pretty big bigot to rail against social justice to the point of boycotting anyone who advocates for it.

Very wrong take. Being against Marxism and racism does not make one a bigot. It is the opposite actually...
DecadePlan
AG
I always think I'm gonna walk away from the NFL, irrespective of political demonstrations of any kind, then we see games like the handful over the last couple of weeks ending on last second FGs and amazing drives. Suddenly I'm drawn right back i
dixichkn
AG
As far as the social justice crap, what really pissed me off there was the way they did Drew Brees after he came out publicly talking about showing respect for the anthem, flag etc. The way they made him walk it back and apologize for it was sickening. But they HAVE dialed back a lot of that stuff the last couple years. What drives me nuts about the NFL is the delay-of-game worthy pre choreographed celebrations. Geez, have a little fun, that's fine, but don't hold up my game for three minutes while you all have to run down to the end zone, line up and sit down and pretend to row an imaginary little rowboat or do wheelbarrow races. It just drives me up a wall. How much time did you devote that week to practicing your little look at me moment? That's middle school stuff.

Makes me miss Barry Sanders/Walter Payton/Emmitt. Pros. And hardly "boring"

Yell at clouds rant over
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CzFrwQGsr2Y
Hawk2007
TexAggie1999 said:

Hawk2007 said:

Royal27 said:

I wouldn't know.

The difference is that the NFL embraced BLM and all of the social justice crap in 2020. They haven't apologized for that and I don't expect they ever will. I haven't watched an NFL game since then and make it a point to not pay any attention to the NFL. I have no idea who is looking like a playoff team in the NFL.

A&M didn't give into Mond and his merry band of social justice warriors. I didn't watch any games with Mond after his antics (skipped the 2020 season). If the University had given into Mond, I would not be watching today.

You could have just said: With Aggies, it's (D)ifferent.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.