*******Official 2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread*******

248,834 Views | 3971 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Macarthur
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?

This is exactly what the defense needs. I doubt these guys have been yelled at much. Jason Garrett was too much of a *****. He has more estrogen in his body than testosterone. Just stood on the sidelines and clapped like a weirdo nerd

Fat mike doesn't seem like the yelling / rah rah type and DQ stayed in the box the entire game. These boys needed to be chewed out so bad during the packers game and probably never were.

Bring some discipline. A more old school approach. Let zimm get some of his guys in here and give him a draft pick or two.

Zimmer or Sean Payton should have taken over when parcells left, but we all know it was Jerry's hand picked loser who iced his own kicker. I know the saints took Payton a year before parcells left. Which was unfortunate.
TREX01
Just a terrible hire, 68 yo who hasn't been a DC in 11 years. Jerry should change the name from Cowboys to washed up losers. Thats the only thing he is capable of hiring. So sick of this crap.
gigem1223
TREX01 said:

Just a terrible hire, 68 yo who hasn't been a DC in 11 years. Jerry should change the name from Cowboys to washed up losers. Thats the only thing he is capable of hiring. So sick of this crap.

What a bad take. Zimmer has been considered one of the top defensive minds for over a decade now. Should the Chiefs get rid of Spagnuolo cuz he's also a "washed up loser"?
Grapesoda2525
TREX01 said:

This is awful. Zimmer had top 5 defenses in Minnesota where he was the head coach not too long ago. The guy has been very good statistically everywhere he's been and he has a track record of stopping Shanahan style offenses.
LB12Diamond
AG
They should have gone after Saban.
Macarthur
There always seems to be a faction regardless of the level that always wants these young innovative guys. Young and innovative is all well and good but sometimes guys are old and innovative. Zimmer is a great defensive mind. Period. Geez
Woods Ag
AG
Diggs and Bland are his type of corners too. We're built like a Zimmer defense already, so it's an easy transition.
jr15aggie
AG
I think it's a great hire. Not saying this was the absolute best case scenario, but of all the realistic options, he was definitely one of the top choices!

And one thing we all have to keep in mind, this whole coaching staff has an uncertain future based on next years results. That very much limits who even wants the job. Look at what happened to Eric Bieniemy when he latched on to the sinking ship that was Washington. The guy went from "He should be a head coach" to completely out of a job.

The point is, given the circumstances, we are fortunate to have a guy like Zimmer who is familiar with the organization and was willing to come back. He's had a 2 year break from the NFL... I bet he'll come in fired up and ready to go!
zgolfz85
AG
fantastic hire considering the situation. You weren't going to get a hot up and coming commodity with Fat Mike's job on the line next year.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, McCarthy's lame duck status complicates it. Seems like a solid hire overall, but especially with that circumstance
BMX Bandit
much better choice than vrable or ryan
jr15aggie
AG
So it sounds like we will be retaining Al Harris, which is good.

Washington already poached Joe Witt and made him DC. They requested to interview Harris (as expected), but unless they could offer him a promotion (DC) then Dallas had the right to decline the interview, which they did.
Southlake
Woodson did not get in the HOF

Complete BS.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Southlake said:

Woodson did not get in the HOF

Complete BS.

3 time Super Bowl winner. 3 time All Pro. 5 probowls. ALL TIME leading tackler for the Cowboys.

That's a travesty.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Devin Hester in on his 3rd ballot while Woodson still out after 8 is a friggin joke.
Southlake
My take on Zimmer is that at 68, our coaching staff just got older. He's been out of football 2 years. I personally would have preferred a younger up and coming kind of guy, but maybe there was no interest? MM will be out after next year so I can understand the hire…

I really didn't think Zimmer had any intention of coming back. Wiffed on that one…
Agristotle
AG
its gotta be a long season at 68, but at least he's used to the circus, Zim should know how to manage around Jerry better than most.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Dick Lebeau coached well in to his 90s so Zimmer is young by comparison.
Danny Vermin
It will be interesting how the players react from a players coach to a hard ass. The Cowboys are never boring.
AgBQ-00
AG
I thought I remembered Zimmer going to be a HC directly from DC for Dallas. My FIL swears he was fired previously in Dallas from DC. Am I misremembering?
Disco Stu
AG
Zimmer was the d-coord at Cincinnati before being hired by Minnesota
zgolfz85
AG
SOLO
zgolfz85
AG
Wrong thread
TyHolden
AG
zgolfz85 said:

SOLO
ApachePilot
AG
Honestly I think the DC hire by the cowboys is great. I think he will bring some much needed mental toughness to this team. Just draft some inside boys to stuff the run.

Kashchei
AG
Hey, SF, you're still stuck on 5 with us
Grapesoda2525
Kashchei said:

Hey, SF, you're still stuck on 5 with us
Perfect ending to the season. If we didn't get it, I wanted pretty much any team but the 49ers to win. **** those guys.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Mahomes just feels like such an inevitability. Every single person watching that game and every single player on the 49ers' defense knew EXACTLY how that was going to end.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Grapesoda2525
Football offseason is officially here.

Will the 49ers roster take a long over due step back?
gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

Football offseason is officially here.

Will the 49ers roster take a long over due step back?

Not with a cheap QB
Infection_Ag11
AG
Dre Greenlaw is gonna miss all of next season, a bunch of key guys are into their 30s now and C-Mac will hit the career 1500 carry mark next year which is the point where a lot of RBs see their efficiency started to plummet. We'll see I guess.

The real question for them will come after next season, when the issue of extending Purdy will loom. Are they REALLY gonna make a guy who is so clearly being propped up by a system and a supporting cast one of the highest paid players ever?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Grapesoda2525
Infection_Ag11 said:

Dre Greenlaw is gonna miss all of next season, a bunch of key guys are into their 30s now and C-Mac will hit the career 1500 carry mark next year which is the point where a lot of RBs see their efficiency started to plummet. We'll see I guess.

The real question for them will come after next season, when the issue of extending Purdy will loom. Are they REALLY gonna make a guy who is so clearly being propped up by a system and a supporting cast one of the highest paid players ever?
Thanks for the response.

It's fun to see them get so close and lose it everytime, but the reality is they're "cock blocking" us so it's definitely worth our time to keep a close eye on them and hope for the worst.
Infection_Ag11
AG
The reality is the NFC is and will remain relatively weak compared to the AFC for the foreseeable future. The five best QBs in the NFC right now are Dak, Love, Goff, Purdy and Stafford. The conference will remain wide open year to year until such time as a few more teams up their QB game through the draft.

Like it or not this is the WORST time for an NFC team to be rebuilding, and why the "burn it down" crowd is being a bit silly. Dallas is automatically a playoff team in the NFC right now every year with a healthy Dak Prescott, just by virtue of there only being a handful of teams that have the QB play to even be competitive across a 17 game season.
Grapesoda2525
Infection_Ag11 said:

The reality is the NFC is and will remain relatively weak compared to the AFC for the foreseeable future. The five best QBs in the NFC right now are Dak, Love, Goff, Purdy and Stafford. The conference will remain wide open year to year until such time as a few more teams up their QB game through the draft.

Like it or not this is the WORST time for an NFC team to be rebuilding, and why the "burn it down" crowd is being a bit silly. Dallas is automatically a playoff team in the NFC right now every year with a healthy Dak Prescott, just by virtue of there only being a handful of teams that have the QB play to even be competitive across a 17 game season.
Just gotta hope Zimmer continues to be good against Shanahan style offenses and dak grows a pair of balls.
jr15aggie
AG
IMO it's Mike, not Dak, that needs to grow a pair. His gameplan the 1st half of the GB game was absolutely terrible.

2nd and 2... maybe we take a shot here.... naw, let's run it straight ahead for 1 yard instead!
First Page
Page 113 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.